Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #21
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Obi-Wan vs. Kakashi

Quote:
yes he would be in pain but would still have the force
But he can't use it, because he's dying of blood loss.

Quote:
and jedi in pain (whether emotional or physical) tend to be very aggresive with their use of the force
Unless they can't use it.

Quote:
besides deidara still functioned without his arms and he even tryed to take on team guy!!
But Naruto characters have higher durability.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #22
Sharingan_Warrior
Apprentice Genin

Sharingan_Warrior is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Anakain did not use any force powers when his arm and both legs were cut off so Shikamaru has a good point there. Not to mention Kakashi's aim with kamui has gotten a lot better than when he fought deidara. Kamui owns

Last edited by Sharingan_Warrior; 06-16-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Assuming he uses it before being force choked or mind raped.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #24
White Zetsu
Chunin

White Zetsu saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" besides even after obi gets kamuid to the head he gos Force-Ghost mode and than kills kakashi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 06-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #25
Sharingan_Warrior
Apprentice Genin

Are they still dangerous as force ghosts?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #26
White Zetsu
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan_Warrior View Post
Are they still dangerous as force ghosts?
the answer to your question is yes. Vader said "the ability to destroy a planet is nothing compared to the power of the force" and since forc-ghosts are pure manifestations of the force they can do anything even destroy stars!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #27
Sharingan_Warrior
Apprentice Genin

Well that makes thing difficult for kakashi.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #28
White Zetsu
Chunin

yep cuz if he kills obi obi can kill him very easy if hedoesnt fight obi still kills him what he needs to do is severely hurt obi but let him live and throw him in a dungeon only under those cinditions would kakashi win and even then, achieving those conditions would be dificult
Old 06-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #29
Itachi's pupil
Ninja Academy Student

Itachi's pupil is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Obi-Wan Kenobi wins this one. Unless of course Kakashi Kamui's his head. Oh I don't think Obi-Wan Kenobi knows obout shadow clones so if Kakashi comes up with a brilliant strategy, he may barely win.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #30
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
But Naruto characters have higher durability.
How in hell do you know that? Granted I know near zero about Star Wars, I find it hard to believe that you can say that with any accuracy.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #31
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Can Obi-wan even activate chokes at ten meters? Kakashi had distance attacks, Obi doesn't. I think Kakashi has this one. Even headhunter jutsu might be effective to take down the Jedi Master.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #32
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Can Obi-wan even activate chokes at ten meters? Kakashi had distance attacks, Obi doesn't. I think Kakashi has this one. Even headhunter jutsu might be effective to take down the Jedi Master.
Kenobi does not force choke..no modern Jedi did that besides Yaddle post Ruuzhan it was considered a dark side exclusive technique and discouraged

mind you he was able to react to Grevious who was immensely broken outside of the movies and his entire style of swordsmenship is considered nearly flawless and only was broken apart by A Makashi duelist..and one who was said to be among the greatest duelist of the last thousand years
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #33
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Kenobi does not force choke..no modern Jedi did that besides Yaddle post Ruuzhan it was considered a dark side exclusive technique and discouraged

mind you he was able to react to Grevious who was immensely broken outside of the movies and his entire style of swordsmenship is considered nearly flawless and only was broken apart by A Makashi duelist..and one who was said to be among the greatest duelist of the last thousand years
That is what I was thinking. However, Kenobi is somehow bloodlusted. If he could move things with the force, could he not choke if he out of his mind?

Still that was hand-to-hand combat. Mind control only works on the weak (so no go on Kakashi), and as you just said, choking dark side only. Kakashi attacks from a distance. I guess Obi-wan can throw rocks and sheet at Kakashi, but I think Kakashi's long distance attacks overwhelm the old man.

Last edited by Wooster; 06-17-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #34
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

As I said before, can't Kenobi use the Force to block or deflect Kakashi's distance attacks? If that's the case, wouldn't it come down to a close range battle?

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #35
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That is what I was thinking. However, Kenobi is somehow bloodlust. If he could move things with the force, could he not choke if he out of his mind?]
no, force choking and force crush IIRC is pretty shunned and like I said Yaddle and to a lesser extent Mace Windu (who did force crush) and Yoda (who could actually contest a dim mok I think it's called which would require actual use of the dark side or a dark side tech) dabbled in such things...these where some of the most powerful revered force users in existence one of which (Yoda) was so powerful and seren as a rookie he resisted a dark side mind rape and tore the guy soul out of his body and sealed it in a tree for christs sake...other then Exar Kun..and Sidious no other force user in history could do that.

he can't and wouldn't choke him out no matter what...hurling a TK wave at him with enough force to smack hundreds of tons of metal though like he did...in the CW series..on the other hand is entirely a go

Quote:
Still that was hand-to-hand combat. Mind control only works on the weak (so no go on Kakashi), and as you just said, choking dark side only. Kakashi attacks from a distance. I guess Obi-wan can throw rocks and sheet at Kakashi, but I think Kakashi's long distance attacks overwhelm the old man.
well your a mod you need to make the call is the SW EU fair game or not? because if it is then Obi-wan is going to blitz the ever loving crap out of Kakashi and carve him in half..or just smash up his insides with a force push

if your dealing with movies only then it's a generic superhuman street leveler vs another one..only a bit higher on the food chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
As I said before, can't Kenobi use the Force to block or deflect Kakashi's distance attacks? If that's the case, wouldn't it come down to a close range battle?
yes he can...anything except the Chidori then again he used Suresu (i think thats the name) to channel force lighting into..his blade and ground it..so maybe

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 06-17-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #36
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
no, force choking and force crush IIRC is pretty shunned and like I said Yaddle and to a lesser extent Mace Windu (who did force crush) and Yoda (who could actually contest a dim mok I think it's called which would require actual use of the dark side or a dark side tech) dabbled in such things...these where some of the most powerful revered force users in existence one of which (Yoda) was so powerful and seren as a rookie he resisted a dark side mind rape and tore the guy soul out of his body and sealed it in a tree for christs sake...other then Exar Kun..and Sidious no other force user in history could do that.

he can't and wouldn't choke him out no matter what...hurling a TK wave at him with enough force to smack hundreds of tons of metal though like he did...in the CW series..on the other hand is entirely a go

well your a mod you need to make the call is the SW EU fair game or not? because if it is then Obi-wan is going to blitz the ever loving crap out of Kakashi and carve him in half..or just smash up his insides with a force push

if your dealing with movies only then it's a generic superhuman street leveler vs another one..only a bit higher on the food chain

yes he can...anything except the Chidori then again he used Suresu (i think thats the name) to channel force lighting into..his blade and ground it..so maybe
Well, you can do both. Really it is up to the OP to state if it is movies only or not. I cannot comment on the books because I only read the first series long, long ago.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #37
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

In a place far far away, Wooster?

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #38
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Zetsu View Post
yep cuz if he kills obi obi can kill him very easy if hedoesnt fight obi still kills him what he needs to do is severely hurt obi but let him live and throw him in a dungeon only under those cinditions would kakashi win and even then, achieving those conditions would be dificult
Fail.

BG rules state that combatants have to stay in tangible forms unless otherwise specified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
How in hell do you know that? Granted I know near zero about Star Wars, I find it hard to believe that you can say that with any accuracy.
Orochimaru's arm got torn off and he acted like it was nothing.

Anakin was pretty much crying.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #39
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Orochimaru's arm got torn off and he acted like it was nothing.

Anakin was pretty much crying.
When was his arm torn off?

Regardless, that's proof that one universe's people are more durable then another universe's?

/Heil

Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #40
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
When was his arm torn off?

Regardless, that's proof that one universe's people are more durable then another universe's?
especially considering EU wise especially that when vader crumpled the room after getitng his cyborg body it was an attempt to kill palpatine who's frail deformed scarred body basically didn't even feel the attack

Yoda ate a hundred plus foot fall several times..and Mace leveled an entire army..at one point no selling a seismic machine that created massive marine ford style tidal waves