Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Official Anime Recommendation Thread

Come here to ask for recommendations for good anime. Tell me what genre(s), other anime, etc. and I'll try and recommend the best one for you. ^^
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Official Anime Recommendation Thread

Fantasy, Action, Plot, Sci-Fi, ect.

Last edited by Inuyasha; 08-05-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Eli Goldsworthy
Chunin Exam Proctor

Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Vampire Knight, Buso Renkin, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Eli Goldsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha View Post
Fantasy, Action, Plot, Sci-Fi, ect.
Tell me other anime you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Goldsworthy View Post
Vampire Knight, Buso Renkin, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha.
Tell me the genre.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Soul Eater Death Note The World God Only Knows
Action/Comedy Suspense/mystery Comedy/romance kinda but not really
Chobits
Seinen/Romance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash View Post
Tell me other anime you like.

Tell me the genre.

Some of the anime I like?

Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Code Geass, Gundam, Soul Eater, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, FMA, Durarara, and that's all I can think of for now.

So any recommendations?

Last edited by Inuyasha; 08-05-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I would like to watch a new anime based around good fighting and a decent story. Can any one can recommend something?

Other than the obvious anime DBZ, Naruto, Bleach.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
Soul Eater Death Note The World God Only Knows
Action/Comedy Suspense/mystery Comedy/romance kinda but not really
Chobits
Seinen/Romance
Don't know if you like Mecha, but there isn't a Gundam series that I don't like. Um, One Piece, Dragonaut: The Resonance, Witchblade.. Chrome Shelled Regios is really good. Speed Grapher, Basilisk, and Gunslinger Girl is also a decent watch. Gurren Lagann ranks in my top 5.

Personally, I recommend Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. It's my absolute favorite anime of all time.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Both of you look at my previous post.
Quote:
Some of the anime I like?

Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Code Geass, Gundam, Soul Eater, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, FMA, Durarara, and that's all I can think of for now.

So any recommendations?
Which Gundams have you seen, cause I might recommend another one of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
I would like to watch a new anime based around good fighting and a decent story. Can any one can recommend something?

Other than the obvious anime DBZ, Naruto, Bleach.
Basilisk has good fighters in it.

Watch Chrome Shelled Regios, I don't think you'll be disappointed. The main character is a beast at fight.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Thanks I will look up the anime recommend.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Quote:
Both of you look at my previous post.

Which Gundams have you seen, cause I might recommend another one of those.
Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and Gundam00
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
Sakurafan18
Chunin Exam Participant

Sakurafan18 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Vampire night, Fate Stay Night, Love Hina, Jyu oh sei, Kohime Muso, Get Backers, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya,Chrono Crusade,Star Ship Operators,Noir,Fulmetal Alchemist Brotherhood,Lunar Legend

I like all Anime genres!

Sakurafan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

evangelion, fairy tail, ghost in the shell, soul eater, and fma brotherhood.

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and Gundam00
Try Gundam SEED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurafan18 View Post
Vampire night, Fate Stay Night, Love Hina, Jyu oh sei, Kohime Muso, Get Backers, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya,Chrono Crusade,Star Ship Operators,Noir,Fulmetal Alchemist Brotherhood,Lunar Legend

I like all Anime genres!
Good tastes you have there. Try Dragonaut if you haven't already. Seems like you'd like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
evangelion, fairy tail, ghost in the shell, soul eater, and fma brotherhood.
Alright Hachibi, I'm going to recommend you the best anime ever, lol. It's my all-time favorite and you gotta tell me what you think of it. It's called Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Quote:
Don't know if you like Mecha, but there isn't a Gundam series that I don't like. Um, One Piece, Dragonaut: The Resonance, Witchblade.. Chrome Shelled Regios is really good. Speed Grapher, Basilisk, and Gunslinger Girl is also a decent watch. Gurren Lagann ranks in my top 5.

Personally, I recommend Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. It's my absolute favorite anime of all time.
I started to watch it when it was on tv but I started like midway throgh it so I didn't understand it at all. (phantom)
I'm interested in witchblade and gunslinger girl what are those like?

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Nabari no Ou, Chrome Shelled Regios (It's ending really pissed me off. xD), High School of the Dead, FMA: Brotherhood, Durarara (currently watching), Getsumen to Heiki Mina, Eureka 7...and lots more, but these are the ones I've enjoyed.

Recommend me anything but harems...anything.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #17
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
I started to watch it when it was on tv but I started like midway throgh it so I didn't understand it at all. (phantom)
I'm interested in witchblade and gunslinger girl what are those like?
I don't understand how you don't like Phantom, it's my favorite anime.

Witchblade is about a legendary blade that attaches itself to woman only for some reason, and it decides to attach itself to a woman during a quake in Japan.

Gunslinger Girl is about a company that wipes young girls memories that lose everything and train them to be killers. It's pretty good.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBlossom View Post
Nabari no Ou, Chrome Shelled Regios (It's ending really pissed me off. xD), High School of the Dead, FMA: Brotherhood, Durarara (currently watching), Getsumen to Heiki Mina, Eureka 7...and lots more, but these are the ones I've enjoyed.

Recommend me anything but harems...anything.
Yeah, Chrome Shelled Regios' ending pissed me off too. You like a lot of what I do.

I've been recommending this to basically everyone because of how purely awesome it is; Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom. My absolute favorite.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
PanCake
Genin

PanCake is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Yeah, Chrome Shelled Regios' ending pissed me off too. You like a lot of what I do.

I've been recommending this to basically everyone because of how purely awesome it is; Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom. My absolute favorite.
/Shall start watching!

<3
PanCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanCake View Post
/Shall start watching!
Tell me what you think.