Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Increased Number of Posts in Sections

This is going to be pretty long, but I want you to hear me out. This is basically going to be a compromise and a way to increase the amount of quality posts in certain sections which will benefit certain people, and maybe allow certain things to happen in the future that may not have been possible now due to certain reasons that were given.

Here's the tl;dr summary for everyone:

Increase amount of characters needed in a post in certain sections to enable post count.

Basically, I'm going to give every section and the amount of characters that seems like a good number for people to post and a reason why.

Rules and Policies & Announcements:

5 characters per post.

I think this is all that's necessary, to be honest. The only way to reduce spam is going to be to disable posting for Moderators/FAIL+, but I don't see a very big issue with the posts there. People with find a way to spam anyway.

Technical Issues:

20 characters per post.

I think this should be raised mainly for the people trying to help out the person in need of help. It will probably make it easier for everyone to help someone. They will need to increase the characters in the post which will eventually lead to a bigger more broad explanation of the problem, rather than having some vague 2 letters. It will also give top notch responses.

Feedback Forum:

20 characters per post.

I REALLY think that there's too much feedback to the rep system or whatever the feedback is that doesn't explain enough, and under elaborates most of the time. For example:

I could've just said that I want posts raised in certain sections and not give any reasoning.

I think it should be mandatory that when you're giving feedback or suggesting something you give AT LEAST a good 20 characters in your posts. It's really not fair to the people that actually make larger posts and try to make an attempt to increase understanding of suggestions beyond that of just the green names, because the user's input is just as important as theirs or any of the other staff's.

Town Bookstore:

30 characters per post.

While I do think that most of the posts there do contain intelligent ideas, some do not. I honestly think that this section is in need of more than just 15 characters per post mainly because it's supposed to be the home of the most intelligent speculations of Naruto and about its plot.

Leaf Village Shopping District:

5 characters per post.

I think it's fine there because it's barely ever posted in anyway.

Character Talk:

5 characters per post.

Fine at that.

Polls:

Same thing.

Naruto's World: Nations and Clans, Attacks, Weapons and Summons, The Naruto Story, Make-Out Paradise, The Bowl, and Contests!

All good...

MOST OF THEM ARE FINE. But I think that there's ONE place that should have increased characters of them all. The rest are good aside from the ones I have already posted:

Debate Forum:

If the problem is that there are too many unintelligent posts there to make posts count, why can't we increase the amount of characters and make posts count?

That's about all I think needs changing for now.

Thanks for reading!
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Increased Number of Posts in Sections

The issues with this are that minimum character count isn't customizable by section, and that you can have perfectly eloquent and meaningful responses in all areas with a minimum of words.

The best way at this time to encourage quality posts is to make quality posts yourself, start threads that inherently require them, and reward the ones that work out (with things like rep, giving a nice complimentary PM, etc).

I like where your head's at though. I think it might be helpful if you considered things that didn't necessarily have to be 'coded' or systematized to make the kinds of changes you'd like to see in the site. Not everything needs to be coded to work, and the best things tend not to be (like contests, clubs, etc).
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

That sucks. I suppose vBulletin can't do everything though. It would've been better if we could.

Yeah, I think definitely that making posts that are constructive plays a big role on other people's posts.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I post more often than I should considering how often I have something useful to say (next to neverness), but I do frequently tell myself "Don't. Others have already said what you are about to say anyway, and did so better than you could have besides." I think if others just refused their compulsions as well, better quality discussions and shenanigans both could quickly follow.

And yes, it does suck that we can't convert the forum to fascist rule. But I like where you tried to take us, too, Nara.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Ehh, these numbers you have chosen are either for example's sake or just too small to really matter. xD

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote