Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default You know what I hate

One sidedness. When someone is so stubborn with their beliefs that they don't admit wrongs. When I ask one of my fellow Pakistanis "what do you think about Indians" and they go on a ranting campaign, but saying the Indians' economy is worse than ours or "all Indians are scum, even the Muslims"....disgusts me. In general a lot of people think this way, and I don't feel it right. Sure, stand up for yourself, but don't be so straight minded. I always admit my wrongs, that's why I'm always portrayed as weak. When someone will ask "Would you punch that guy which everyone hates for the general student body, even if you run away later", and saying yes will of course get you respect, but I say "Well, yeah, but I wouldn't want to cause a conflict, that would just end in hell" will not. There are many examples I could give, but this is the Jist.

Bigotry is the most evil form of one-sidedness in my opinion

I bet the first thing said about this thread is about it being one sided

Last edited by Ur Mom; 05-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: You know what I hate

I'm kinda confused because you loosely using a variety of adjectives far too liberally. If I understand what you talking about, you're saying that you hate ethnocentric people with unjustified prejudices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Heh? Adjectives...well whatever you mean, I'm saying basically what you said, but really applying to anything in life. And a little more of a broader meaning than prejudice, I don't think there's a word I would say to describe it. I guess what I'm saying is people need to exercise looking at things through the third person. Really even for basic problems in life, I think, what would one of my more responsible friends say or do in a situation.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

All I am saying is that you are jumbled a bit in your opening statement, leaving me with too many impressions to pin point what you are talking about. At first I was like, oh he's talking about being narrow minded. Then you seemingly transition into to prejudice or perhaps it was rascism while still using a variety of phrases like open minded and bigotry. To me, it seems like you mixed up the meaning of some words and didn't really know how to get your point across effectively.

The thing is, catering to the pros and cons in a subject that demands a definite answer often leads to one being perceived as wishy washy. I tried that for my term paper and my teacher gave me a 10 minute out of class lecture about that.

;P

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
All I am saying is that you are jumbled a bit in your opening statement, leaving me with too many impressions to pin point what you are talking about. At first I was like, oh he's talking about being narrow minded. Then you seemingly transition into to prejudice or perhaps it was rascism while still using a variety of phrases like open minded and bigotry. To me, it seems like you mixed up the meaning of some words and didn't really know how to get your point across effectively.

The thing is, catering to the pros and cons in a subject that demands a definite answer often leads to one being perceived as wishy washy. I tried that for my term paper and my teacher gave me a 10 minute out of class lecture about that.

;P
I know...

And yeah, like, by weak, I meant wishy washy. But Englsh class is a whole different thing dude

Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant

PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

You know what I hate.... when you hang out with friends or family but they text or play games on their cell phones while they "hang-out" with you. Not that this has any bearing on the topic of this thread, this just went through my mind when I read your thread title "You know what I hate".

As for narrow mindedness. Is it not narrow minded to not accept narrow minded individuals? Often times, those that are narrow minded have not really experienced other cultural customs, and generally are not well educated (which isn't to say that there aren't very educated people with narrow minds). Just continue to accept these people (or attempt to) for the beauty you can see in them, and know that nothing in this world is perfect.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Mom View Post
One sidedness. When someone is so stubborn with their beliefs that they don't admit wrongs. When I ask one of my fellow Pakistanis "what do you think about Indians" and they go on a ranting campaign, but saying the Indians' economy is worse than ours or "all Indians are scum, even the Muslims"....disgusts me. In general a lot of people think this way, and I don't feel it right.
Well, there is a strange relationship that Indians and Pakistanis share with each other. Not too long ago we all used to be one huge nation and its hard to digest for people of both the countries.

Quote:
Sure, stand up for yourself, but don't be so straight minded. I always admit my wrongs, that's why I'm always portrayed as weak.
What others perceive of you is none of your business and there is nothing you can do about it unless you are willing to comproise with your way of living. Just punch them in the face when someone calls you weak. That will surely change their "perception" of you.

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 AM   #8
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Eh, I try to just ignore it, considering I know nothing about how they grew up. I still think it's dumb to think that way though. I find wishy washy answers better than definite ones usually. Circumstances, context, critical thinking. My college English professor was all for seeing through another person's eyes.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #9
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatonicZombie View Post
You know what I hate.... when you hang out with friends or family but they text or play games on their cell phones while they "hang-out" with you. Not that this has any bearing on the topic of this thread, this just went through my mind when I read your thread title "You know what I hate".

As for narrow mindedness. Is it not narrow minded to not accept narrow minded individuals? Often times, those that are narrow minded have not really experienced other cultural customs, and generally are not well educated (which isn't to say that there aren't very educated people with narrow minds). Just continue to accept these people (or attempt to) for the beauty you can see in them, and know that nothing in this world is perfect.
Just said that second paragraph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gama-sennin View Post
Well, there is a strange relationship that Indians and Pakistanis share with each other. Not too long ago we all used to be one huge nation and its hard to digest for people of both the countries.

What others perceive of you is none of your business and there is nothing you can do about it unless you are willing to comproise with your way of living. Just punch them in the face when someone calls you weak. That will surely change their "perception" of you.
If you want the truth, I'm still very anti-Indian because of that initial bias that's been thrown down the family. But nonetheless, I have punched, but that leads to trouble, so now I simply punch with words. Smartassery beats assery any furking day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Eh, I try to just ignore it, considering I know nothing about how they grew up. I still think it's dumb to think that way though. I find wishy washy answers better than definite ones usually. Circumstances, context, critical thinking. My college English professor was all for seeing through another person's eyes.
Well then, YOU had a good English professor now didn't you. Then again, that was a college professor, so maybe there's more of those at that level