Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default 1st Part Rating

Now that the first half is done, rate how good you thought it was. Anything you thought Kishi could have done better?
Old 05-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu
Default Re: 1st Part Rating

I'm going to give the first part a...7/10.

There was too much focus on single units for long periods of time. For instance, after Zabuza was defeated by Kakashi's unit, we never heard from Kakashi's unit again.

I also wish that the White Zetsu clones had the ability to basically clone people like the in the Kisame situation. This particular ability would have wreaked havoc on the units.

The overall action wasn't too...intense. However, it is the manga and it can be difficult to follow at times...

The Kin/Gin part with Darui's unit was a total failure...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.

Last edited by Kakuzu; 05-01-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

6/10

Not enough stuff explained.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

This is the list of casualties and hostages (meaning they've been captured but still remain alive or active) on both sides:

Allied Shinobi Forces:
- 40,000 generic soldiers
- Tajiki
- Atsui
- Muta Aburame
- Samui
- Anko Mitarashi
- Yamato/Tenzo

Akatsuki:
- 50,000 generic soldiers
- Shin
- Sasori
- Ibuse
- Haku Yuki
- Zabuza Momochi
- Ginkaku
- Kinkaku
- Hanzo
- Kakuzu
- Asuma Sarutobi
- Dan Kato
- Deidara
- Hizashi Hyuga

Now, the Akatsuki has clearly lost much more than the Alliance, in both its main source of power and its normal contingent of soldiers. However, for the Alliance to have a chance of winning, they have to be better. If the casualty rate were one to one, everyone on the Alliance's side would die. If it were two to one, the majority of the Alliance's forces would be dead. The Zetsu are mindless and are all capable of only the same moves, while Alliance soldiers have diversity and most are able to think for themselves. Out of Akatsuki's beginning force, only a handful had unique abilities in comparison to its larger army.

I believe that there wasn't much wrong with the first part of the war. It simply demonstrated what the war is, which is the combining of the entire world's forces against a single enemy. Nagato wanted peace to exist after periods of war, where people understood pain. However, after this war, there will be no one alive who did not personally know someone killed by the Akatsuki. The first part alone demonstrates that this war's very existance is a tragedy, but the ending gives hope that Naruto can put an end to it. All in all, seeing characters resolve personal conflicts while fighting over the fate of the world was well done, IMO. I'm looking forward to the Fourth Great Shinobi War, Part 2.

9/10, I'll give it.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

10/10
it was awesome i don't care what wasen't explained it had a huge amount of action and brought back characters we all wanted to see again

king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Well I enjoyed it. That's enough for me, even if some stuff was kind of predictable and or ignored. 9/10 (if ten ten died it would be an indisputable 10/10)
Old 05-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
Well I enjoyed it. That's enough for me, even if some stuff was kind of predictable and or ignored. 9/10 (if ten ten died it would be an indisputable 10/10)
I agree on all of it

If part 2, Tsunade dies
Im sure we would give it a 100/10

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #8
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

How about everything.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

7 out of 10.

Too many fights promised that were skipped.

Zabuza vs Kakashi was just repeat.

Sai Shaft and Brotha Omoi and Kap "N Kankuro vs Sasori and Deidara was good.

Pakura and Gaki were awesome.

Gold and Silver brothers should not exist. But Darui was cool.

Mifune vs Hanzo was cool.

Tenga lives!

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
TheJincurukiMaster
Freshmen Academy Student

TheJincurukiMaster is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It was... ok. As people stated, way to many battles were cut off way to early. Darui vs Gin and Kin was really good. Ino-Shika-Cho vs Asuma was way to misleading. The fact that Kishi just entirely skipped the Izumo and Kotetsu vs Kakazu fight really made me mad. I was curious to see what they can actually do. And I was a little upset that we barley saw what the Gedo Mazo could do. All and all, I give the first part an 8/10. If we get to see some Sakura action in the next part, I'll be satisfied. (As long as she doesn't nearly die... AGAIN!)