Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #21
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The new reputation system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Huh? Aurega said FAIL, mods, etc. scale faster, not that they go beyond us. He's saying they will hit the REP cap faster. That isn't a rift being made, that's so they don't seem impotent when appropriately repping a post.
Ya. The important point to note here is that the sense in which they can accumulate power faster is in their ability TO rep people, NOT in their ability to gain rep. This only works, however, if the mod/admin/whoever remains in good rep standing themselves. If they abused it or something, and either get stripped of their powers or downrepped by users because they were acting like a dick, that ability in turn decreases right back down.
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #22
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Huh? Aurega said FAIL, mods, etc. scale faster, not that they go beyond us. He's saying they will hit the REP cap faster. That isn't a rift being made, that's so they don't seem impotent when appropriately repping a post.
And really, it's only about 20% faster anyways. It's not very noticable, but still a nice reward for people who spend their free time to contribute to the forums.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #23
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

not really mr lazy bones they get TCs that enough already if you asked. but hey I ass who inmature so I know nothing.

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #24
<Aurega?>

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble88 View Post
not really mr lazy bones they get TCs that enough already if you asked. but hey I ass who inmature so I know nothing.
I'm sorry, could you please speak english so we can understand why you're throwing tantrums like this?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #25
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Wait so what's the difference between effective reputation power and hard cap.

Does that mean we can have 1000 rep power and still only give the max hard cap in the given section?
Yes, not matter how much rep power you have now, it will be limited by the section caps and hard caps.
The only people who can bypass these caps are admins.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #26
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Pretty neat.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #27
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
no I not shika I decide I to give up on being a mod now. you guys are mean to the reg users and I sick of it. you people don't care the reg users only your damn butts. that why I decide to give up my dreams to became a mod to help them help out. the reg users out and I teach them stuff I learn about forum so one day they can better mod than you fools. yea that my new dream on here to better than you mods just watch me I will be top on rep someday. when that happened you ya all crying like babies because of me
I'm sorry for being an asshole, not caring about anyone but myself and supporting the inequality of user and mod. I didn't know I was like that.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #28
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I'm sorry for being an asshole, not caring about anyone but myself and supporting the inequality of user and mod. I didn't know I was like that.
I would like to mention that it was Maik here who compiled a list of the top 200's repclicks so they could keep some of their reputation based on their amount of clicks.

Then he had to go into each and every single one of the member's profiles and manually add the rep. 200 Times.

Yes, he spent hours of his free time compiling that list to give others rep. We should all be thankful for his hard work.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #29
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

It's fine. I literally had nothing better to do.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Honestly we should scrap the rep system

Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #31
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

Quote:
huh! sorry about that post. I was in a bad mood this morning when I made. on top of that my pain pills are mess with my head as well. I better delete it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
I would like to mention that it was Maik here who compiled a list of the top 200's repclicks so they could keep some of their reputation based on their amount of clicks.

Then he had to go into each and every single one of the member's profiles and manually add the rep. 200 Times.

Yes, he spent hours of his free time compiling that list to give others rep. We should all be thankful for his hard work.
am I being chew out over one post that I made due to me being in a bad mood?

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #32
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

I destroyed the overpowered rep system.

POWAH

Quote:

His spends hours of his free time here anyway. Don't thank him too much. =p
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #33
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
am I being chew out over one post that I made due to me being in a bad mood?
I think you would be if anyone could understand what you write .

As it stands though, it could bit did but then when happen rep be ok post cause.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 05-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #34
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I already said that. Of course if he hadn't I would have liked to know how the hell ppl would have gotten any rep if no one had any to give...and honestly this is still stupid...but whatever....
Quote:
It's fine. I literally had nothing better to do.
<3 you are loved

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #35
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentShayd View Post
I already said that. Of course if he hadn't I would have liked to know how the hell ppl would have gotten any rep if no one had any to give...and honestly this is still stupid...but whatever....
<3 you are loved
My dream world.

You are stupid, Shayd...but whenever.

Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #36
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
My dream world.

You are stupid, Shayd...but whenever.
-___- I never called anyone stupid grumpy pea pod neighbor....
If that is your dream then just kill the rep system.... sheesh.....

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #37
Rikudo Sennin
7-Up Disciple

Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Best Implementation of thy Forums evah' , for it would bring peace and
balance .. balance and peace . Keep up the good work and long live
my brotha's and sista's .

Feed me some negative reps
no reverse psychology please

Do.not.be.Afraid
Rikudo Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #38
-Naruto-
Special Jonin Candidate

-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

In the beginning, there was rep, and the rep ended up being a screwed up flawed method...then Aurega said

"Let there be a new way more better epic but random rep changes to the system"

and so there was, but how shall it work out this time...?

I supported the new rep change, keep up the good work
I change my mind. I want to submit a different one.
-Naruto- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #39
UchihaHatakeIsabella
Chunin

UchihaHatakeIsabella saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

the rep system is still kind of confusing to me..but it seems really cool<3

a song
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

UchihaHatakeIsabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #40
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaHatakeIsabella View Post
the rep system is still kind of confusing to me..but it seems really cool<3
All you gotta know about it is how to use it - if you see a helpful, informative or entertaining post you like, click the scales under the user's name and give them an uprep for it. If you see a flaming, spamming, mean spirited and generally unhelpful post you don't like, click the scales under the user's name and give them a down rep.

That's all there is to it.
My dog Elly FTW: