Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: What is the best religion?
Atheism 13 41.94%
Buddhism 1 3.23%
Christianity 9 29.03%
Confucianism 0 0%
Hinduism 1 3.23%
Islam 5 16.13%
Judaism 1 3.23%
Paganism 1 3.23%
Shamanism 0 0%
Shintoism 0 0%
Taoism 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #41
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi
Default Re: The best religion(s)?

Lmao.

But logically, agnostic is the best, because in Christianity, you would still go to heaven, or that good place. And not the bad place in whatever religion, unless it's total bull. And as long as your morals are just, I don't see why it would matter what religion you are. People are people and should be treated as such.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 04-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #42
Santisimo
wishes he could troll

Santisimo has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

HAY GUYS! Which fanatical idea that was originally used to promote living a good life and treating others well, but instead got abused for political control, power, and an excuse to wage wars and kill thousands of innocent civilians; is the best?

Big no-no

Last edited by Wooster; 04-26-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Santisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #43
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santisimo View Post
HAY GUYS! Which fanatical idea that was originally used to promote living a good life and treating others well, but instead got abused for political control, power, and an excuse to wage wars and kill thousands of innocent civilians; is the best?

Nope
This guy

Last edited by Wooster; 04-26-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Yori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #44
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

I like Santismo.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #45
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I love how he is the first one to flame another religion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #46
Santisimo
wishes he could troll

Not true. I just know a troll thread when I see it.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #47
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Close this thread before a religious Flame War starts. Religion and intelligent debate don't go hand in hand.

It's only a matter of time before an extremist ruins everything.
Quote:
Served.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #48
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
Then people need to learn respect, and don't call each other "imbecile sausage sellers".
LOLWUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I've said this before and I'm going to say it again.

Ready?

Religion politics and sports are the three things people will always disagree on. Bring them up at your own risk, and expect opposition.

There's never going to be a real answer just flaming here.
You're the first and only person to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Served.
Oh, Woo.

/Swoon-bat

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #49
Santisimo
wishes he could troll

You've misinterpreted the meaning of my post, I am not against religion in any way, I consider myself a religious person. But when someone is making a thread trying to claim the superiority of one religion over the other, that's the greatest crime of all.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #50
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Close this thread before a religious Flame War starts. Religion and intelligent debate don't go hand in hand.

It's only a matter of time before an extremist ruins everything.
No problems yet. We rarely seem to have any here AFAIK.

Quote:
You've misinterpreted the meaning of my post, I am not against religion in any way, I consider myself a religious person. But when someone is making a thread trying to claim the superiority of one religion over the other, that's the greatest crime of all.
It isn't the greatest thread idea, but it's clear to me he just wanted to see what religion we thought was "best" for what I think was silly reasons. Like choosing Caligulism so you can have sexxies and murders all day every day. Or Breatharianism because you think O2 is all ya need. Not necessarily troll eveyone else's beliefs.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #51
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

I'm still waiting for Cao to say that Alexshinianism is the best religion.

/Heil

Old 04-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #52
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well, it really is.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #53
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Antidisestablishmentarianism. It's all the rage. I saw a guy stumbling out of a nightclub one time surrounded by all these hot chicks, and I said to him, "How do you maintain your drunken savoir-faire, Mr. Anonymous?" And he said, "Antidisestablishmentarianism. Chicks dig it."

Swear to Bob.

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #54
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

believe in nothing...believe in all...just leave me and my beliefs alone

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #55
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

GREEK GODS! i mean how could you not like the idea of a lamb and a tree having intercourse and popping out a three headed, radioactive monkey?

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #56
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Antidisestablishmentarianism. It's all the rage. I saw a guy stumbling out of a nightclub one time surrounded by all these hot chicks, and I said to him, "How do you maintain your drunken savoir-faire, Mr. Anonymous?" And he said, "Antidisestablishmentarianism. Chicks dig it."

Swear to Bob.
I barely understand what the word means,but this post convinced to me comment on how entertaining it is.

Edit: I voted for Christianity because it's my religion, gotta vote for what you were raised to believe in, I guess.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #57
Viceroy
Chunin Exam Participant

Viceroy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

In all honesty it doesn't matter what anyone believes. Unlike sci fi animes there is only one reality. Only one thing is right. Whether or not you want to believe theres something or you just don't care its worth it to try. It may sound cheesy but believe in yourself, that you're better than an evolved ape or getting leeched on by a money grabbing preacher of God. When you scrape away the face of religion you find the essence of an idea. Decide for yourself which idea is the best. It could mean the difference between 80 years in a wretched trap of a system or eternity and enlightenment. Because an idea that is correct is a reality that is. You may not want to believe a train is coming straight towards you but when it comes you will know. You will know exactly what the truth is when it gets here.
Brown chicken brown cow.
Cousins: dancool55, Itachi-Sama, deidara330
Little Sister: NARUTARD93, 2hyper4u
Brother: Naruto50, chidori sensei, Cade
Granddaughter: animelover
Rogue Ninja
Shinobi: The Saga
JOIN THE FORUM DINER CLUB
Dinner, Discussion, and Beer
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #58
chidoriroar
Chunin

chidoriroar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i chose islam because i think it is misunderstood and it is a religion of piece, the media just covers everything up and the majority of muslims are against terrorism.
terrorists are killing muslims to you know

the bitterness of this life is the sweetness of the next.

Give me rep and ill give you rep back.
dont talk about measking for rep since im not the only one doing it and theres nothing in the rules against it.
to the people who dont know, you have to include your name when giving rep and if your rep is less than one giving rep wont matter.
chidoriroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #59
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I barely understand what the word means,but this post convinced to me comment on how entertaining it is.

Edit: I voted for Christianity because it's my religion, gotta vote for what you were raised to believe in, I guess.
It means you have to wear leather pants in the rain and speak with a British accent, preferably through a cloud of unmanageable long hair. Real rock star stuff. It works better when you're drunk, though...

WARNING: If you try doing it without a British accent, I can't be held responsible for the consequences to your medulla oblongata.

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #60
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Do tell, what is this medoola oblangata?

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atheism, buddhism, christianity, confucianism, hinduism, islam, judaism, paganism, religion, shamanism, shintoism, taoism