Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 04-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

ByakuganMaster024 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Sonic Generations

Sonic the Hedgehog's 20th anniversary is coming around, and to celebrate it the new Sonic game, Sonic Generations, is going to remake all the best stages from all the previous Sonic games. But there's a twist. You play as both the old version of Sonic (the classic short and round Sonic that appeared in the original games) with completely 2D style gameplay, and the modern Sonic character design who's stages all play with the 2D/3D mix of the recent games like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors. It looks pretty sweet so far. Check out the teaser trailer and gameplay trailers below.

Teaser Trailer:

YouTube:

Gameplay Trailer:

YouTube:
ByakuganMaster024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Sonic Generations

Colors just came out 6 months ago.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'm excited! I have been a Sonic fan for as long as I can remember and this is going to be a great way to celebrate the 20 years Sonic has been going on. If they surprise us and release it in June, that would be a great birthday present to me, because I was born 6 days after the original game was released.
Sonic forever!!!

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

This should definitely get the sonic community to shut the h*ll up.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
lukerules_96
Genin Elite

lukerules_96 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

the old sonic looks really tiny in those huge stages

lukerules_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I browse the Sonic Forums, NBT and I don't see them stopping complaining. If anything, they will probably complain more because of the fact that there are two Sonics. There will probably be multiple flame wars between the classic and modern fans. Its not going to be pretty.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="

Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
NBT
Banned

I may have to start lurking some.

And as much as I want Shadow and some of the other characters to be in,it's extremely unlikey seeing as they were in the last two.Plus the sonic community would be in a never ending sh*tstorm.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
SasukeDude96
Veteran Chunin

SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

only for PS3 and 360? FTS.

Spoiler:

3DS A
mbassador

I know, I suck.
SasukeDude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

I know how you feel, NBT. My top 3 favorite Sonic characters are Shadow, Silver, and Blaze. But from what I hear, a lot of the other characters will be in the story, just not playable, so we might get to see them at least.

YouTube:
src="

Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
NBT
Banned

Assuming this is true,at least it's something.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #11
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Already done seen it in GI
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

On one of the videos, there was an interview with the guy in charge of making this game and if it was translated right, he said Sonic's friends would be part of the story. He didn't say if they were playable or not, but we might find something out later. We only just started getting info, so keep your hopes up, fellow Sonic fans.

YouTube:
src="

Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #13
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
I'm excited! I have been a Sonic fan for as long as I can remember and this is going to be a great way to celebrate the 20 years Sonic has been going on. If they surprise us and release it in June, that would be a great birthday present to me, because I was born 6 days after the original game was released.
Sonic forever!!!
I grew up with sonic too (was born just 1 year after the orginal and it was the first game I ever played) and I'm really excited for this too. I'm glad they're finally getting back on track with sonic in recent years. His games haven't been nearly as bad as people make them out to be (except for Sonic '06, that one deserved it for all the loading issues it had, only sonic game I actually didn't want to finish), but there have been a few design choices that should have been reconsidered like the werehog in Unleashed.

Anyway, yeah definitely looking forward to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
This should definitely get the sonic community to shut the h*ll up.
You'd think that it would but there's always going to be complaints unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeDude96 View Post
only for PS3 and 360? FTS.
This would be one of them. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
On one of the videos, there was an interview with the guy in charge of making this game and if it was translated right, he said Sonic's friends would be part of the story. He didn't say if they were playable or not, but we might find something out later. We only just started getting info, so keep your hopes up, fellow Sonic fans.
Yeah I noticed the video but haven't had the chance to watch it. I should watch that.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
NBT
Banned

I like 06.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I like 06.
Well you may have and I would have too, but for me I just couldn't stand all the technical issues. That's just my opinion though.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #16
NBT
Banned

Guess I was lucky because I didn't have any techncal issues.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

I liked 06 aside from the loading times, Sonic and Shadows' slow speeds, and Sonic's mach speed sections(I got so many game overs on those sections). I never really noticed any of the supposed glitches and the dreaded kiss scene didn't really bother me. If it had been complete it would have been a great game.

YouTube:
src="

Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: My Air Pirate base.....What you want me to tell you where it is!? No way!
ChaosInuYasha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

1) I already made a thread about this game (granted it was before the new trailed came out but still)
2) The fans will NEVER shut up. It'll always be a broken base.
3) I'm happy I got a PS3 but I doubt I'll get this game on release as I am a poor soul

I'm a Bi guy who likes yaoi. You got a problem with that?
Wanna be a Blue Rouge Air Pirate? Feel free to ask me for the details.
ChaosInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #19
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

new and old school coming together its a dream come true

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
NBT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInuYasha View Post
1) I already made a thread about this game (granted it was before the new trailed came out but still)
2) The fans will NEVER shut up. It'll always be a broken base.
3) I'm happy I got a PS3 but I doubt I'll get this game on release as I am a poor soul
Haha!