Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Naruto's wont fall for a Genjutsu

To be a top-ninja and still fall for genjutsu is just embarrassing... At Naruto's level now, he wont fall for it

Itachi's tsukuyomi is the strongest we know of right..?
It took sasuke a second state of curse mark to be able to disrupt Itachi's tsukuyomi

Now, there's gotta be a reason why Kishi doesn't find it necessary for Naruto to buddy up with Kuubi for help over genjutsu... Naruto already has Sage mode... As of when he fought Pain, should naruto be caught in the Tsukuyomi, it'd be easy to get out of it simply by collecting natural energy...and if he's already in sage mode, it'd be impossible to control his chakra... Not even Nagato could manipulate Naruto's chakra at near distance (partly b'cos because of kuubi's mode too)... so yea...no worries for Naruto
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto's wont fall for a Genjutsu

Quote:
To be a top-ninja and still fall for genjutsu is just embarrassing...
Kakashi and Danzo are embarrassing?

Quote:
At Naruto's level now, he wont fall for it
Arguable.

Quote:
Sasuke will surpass that considering he has EMS.

Quote:
It took sasuke a second state of curse mark to be able to disrupt Itachi's tsukuyomi
Nope.

Chapter 388 Sasuke didn't have Curse Seal activated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
To be a top-ninja and still fall for genjutsu is just embarrassing... At Naruto's level now, he wont fall for it

As Vivi said many top ninjas were easily tricked by genjutsu during their fights, such as Danzo, Orochimaru and Kakashi.

Sasuke had the advantaged of experiencing it 2 times (when Itachi obliterated their clan and when Itachi returned to Konoha). On the other hand, Naruto never witness it, leaving him in disadvantage.

Now, there's gotta be a reason why Kishi doesn't find it necessary for Naruto to buddy up with Kuubi for help over genjutsu... Naruto already has Sage mode... As of when he fought Pain, should naruto be caught in the Tsukuyomi, it'd be easy to get out of it simply by collecting natural energy...and if he's already in sage mode, it'd be impossible to control his chakra... Not even Nagato could manipulate Naruto's chakra at near distance (partly b'cos because of kuubi's mode too)... so yea...no worries for Naruto
Since when did Pain/Nagato ever used Tsukuyomi? I don't recall him using genjutsu at all while he was still alive. Since Naruto was never caught by any genjutsu while he was in SM, there is no methode of proofing that SM is an effective weapon which can counter Genjutsu. But it may be capable of doing so, if the collection of Senjutsu Chakra intereferes directly with Genjutsu.
Skrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

^ he's not saying Pain used genjutsu. He's saying Pain couldn't control the nature chakra flowing through Naruto. It's different I know, but it does raise a good point. If natural energy is so hard to harness physically it may also be hard for someone to manipulate it with genjutsu.

@kalmeast.......I won't say Naruto's not gonna be caught in a genjutsu, but I'll say he won't be defeated by one.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

^i agree
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

That wan't Tsukiyomi.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
Actually the strongest genjutsu is Izanagi.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Izanagi is not genjutsu.

Genjutsu creates illusion.

Izanagi creates reality.
^red.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Izanagi is a genjutsu cast on the user instead of others. When activated, the caster removes the boundaries between reality and illusion within their personal space, allowing the user to control his/her personal space of existance.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

hmmm....your argument sounds good, but is that opinion or do you have a source. I don't remember the manga stating the Izanagi is genjutsu.

EDIT: Never mind. I looked it up. Touche good fellow. You are right and I am wrong. I bow b4 your awesome knowledge.
^red.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 04-03-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

POC, i should've said Naruto wont be defeated as j3st3er said...that's what i intended since Naruto is such a sucker for genjutsu

Quote:
Actually the strongest genjutsu is Izanagi.
yea, i know that but izanagi is more of a defensive genjutsu cast on oneself that's why i didn't include it...it's not controlling an opponent's chakra. but u're right

Quote:
Sasuke will surpass that considering he has EMS.
that's why i said "itachi's is the strongest WE KNOW". we haven't seen sasuke's use of genjutsu with EMS yet so it'd be presumptuous of me to reference it. although i believe it "could" be stronger.
Quote:
[It took sasuke a second state of curse mark to be able to disrupt Itachi's tsukuyomi]
Nope.

Chapter 388 Sasuke didn't have Curse Seal activated.
Manga 388 page 9... check it. sasuke goes 2nd state curse mark in the tsukuyomi...of course it didn't appear in reality because a genjutsu can be broken from either within the genjutsu itself or outside (reality)... That's why Itachi used that special one on Kakashi and Oro because he confined their movements in the genjutsu so they are unable to break it from within which would be hopeless to try breaking from the outside because it's a fraction of second in reality.

and remember, itachi's tsukuyomi he used on Sasuke is different from what he used on Oro and Kakashi.
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote