Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Naruto can use Izanagi?

I've been thinking about this one for a while now and I think this theory that Naruto can use Izanagi is viable, if one thinks it out...first of all.....there are two ways for possessing Izanagi....credits to hax-jutsu edited by me, of course
1.) First should be that one has to have some quantity of both Yin and Yang chakra of the SOTSP in ones body...and the person should be able to use both chakra's simultaneously....as we know, before his death, the SOTSP gave his spiritual Yin chakra to the elder son and his physical Yang Chakra to his younger son. The First sons descendants...the Uchiha, have Yin Chakra. The younger son's descendants are the Senju, having the Yang chakra.

2.) For the above condition to be met in the present time in the ninja world..a ninja should have cells of both the Uchiha and of the Senju in one's body....example- Danzo who had implanted sharingan and hashirama's cells into his arm.....and Madara...who being an Uchiha, already has Yin chakra and stole Hashirama Senju's cells in their battle to make use of Yang chakra...

So my theory goes like this...
Naruto is a true-blue Senju and along with that, the chakra of the Kyuubi that Naruto has in his body is wholly Yang chakra...(as stated by the Fourth Hokage before sealing the Yin chakra of the fox and himself in the Death God). Also this Yang chakra was once possessed by the SOTSP before he made the tailed beasts. Also this Yang chakra that Naruto has is similar to Hashirama's Mokuton Wood jutsu....as Naruto's Kyuubi mode is seen to be making Yamato's Wood jutsu react to it, making the wood grow. So one could say both hashirama and naruto possess similar Yang chakras...

...At the same time, it is known that Itachi has given Naruto an Uchiha power to be used in his battle with Sasuke ...we dont know yet what it is....but it is an Uchiha power ,that is, its a power using Yin chakra ...which is something that itachi, being an Uchiha, has inherited from the first son of the SOTSP....

my conclusion is this....since Naruto already has an unknown Uchiha (Yin) power in his body and the fox's Yang chakra in his body....Naruto can perform Izanagi...! That too without the need for possessing Uchiha cells or a Sharingan eye!
Another important clue to Naruto having Izanagi is that, Itachi, when he gave Naruto his power said that "I'm givng you a bit of my power but I hope you don't have to use it..." ]This is also maybe in reference to the big cost of using Izanagi....One may lose sight in one's eye...or maybe in Naruto's case, he may lose one tail worth of chakra...who knows??
Nah man I'm 15, so this was my freshman year of high school.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Guess not everyone knows yet. I kept my real age a secret since I joined when I was like ten. Needed that #ForumCred.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
SageKyuubi
Genin

SageKyuubi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Naruto can use Izanagi?

i think for Izanagi to work tho you need a special eye like the Sharingan because Izanagi is a genjutsu, because then what reason would the Sharingan closing mean if you didnt need it for Izanagi? i dont think its just a matter of yin and yang chakra, you probably need the sharingan to use it
Old 04-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Never said that in the manga.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Guess not everyone knows yet. I kept my real age a secret since I joined when I was like ten. Needed that #ForumCred.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
SageKyuubi
Genin

well yea but then why would the eye close?? Thats a little self explanitory since the eye closes from using Izanagi it must mean it contributes to the jutsu
Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

How is this different from many of the theories about itachi's gift circulating around everywhere... the only diff. is u mentioned that he'd need no Sharingan? But izanagi is the ultimate dojutsu/genjutsu (eye technique) correct? so, saying naruto wouldn't need an eye for izanagi is quite a stretch. Plus forget about naruto getting a sharingan for sure...

the interest is that perhaps if naruto had rather gotten the yin chakra sealed inside of him, he may have possessed a dojutsu when he took the kuubi chakra instead of the sage's body. only we may just get a second Nagato outta that, which will be boring.
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Shikamaru Nara

Awards Showcase

Quote:
maybe in Naruto's case, he may lose one tail worth of chakra
Taken right from the OP
Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Shikamaru Nara

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
How is this different from many of the theories about itachi's gift circulating around everywhere... the only diff. is u mentioned that he'd need no Sharingan? But izanagi is the ultimate dojutsu/genjutsu (eye technique) correct? so, saying naruto wouldn't need an eye for izanagi is quite a stretch. Plus forget about naruto getting a sharingan for sure...

the interest is that perhaps if naruto had rather gotten the yin chakra sealed inside of him, he may have possessed a dojutsu when he took the kuubi chakra instead of the sage's body. only we may just get a second Nagato outta that, which will be boring.
Because Itachi gave Naruto some of his power, meaning that maybe Itachi has or had Izanagi as well and transferred it to Naruto. We know he could have done it if he had it because he transferred his Mangekyo to Sasuke, correct?

So, then we have Yin/Yang=Dojutsu. Meaning Shisui is Pain or something absurd like that. OR that Shisui is in the coffin.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
SageKyuubi
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Taken right from the OP
its a genjutsu, Naruto has no skill at all when it comes to genjutsu
Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.kalmeast is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Because Itachi gave Naruto some of his power, meaning that maybe Itachi has or had Izanagi as well and transferred it to Naruto. We know he could have done it if he had it because he transferred his Mangekyo to Sasuke, correct?

So, then we have Yin/Yang=Dojutsu. Meaning Shisui is Pain or something absurd like that. OR that Shisui is in the coffin.
if itachi had izanagi he would have undoubtedly transfered it to sasuke...
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageKyuubi View Post
its a genjutsu, Naruto has no skill at all when it comes to genjutsu
That would explain why he isn't able to utilize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
if itachi had izanagi he would have undoubtedly transfered it to sasuke...
he gave his gift to naruto first.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
EroS
Ninja Academy Student

EroS is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's possible Itachi's gift somehow involves Naruto gaining some shape or form however mild, of the Sharingan.

There are plenty of genjutsu users in the Naruto world who don't have the Sharingan or Rinnegan, special eyes are not required for using genjutu. And considering Izanagi has only been used by genjutsu users (read: those with sharingans), we don't know what would happen if it was used by someone who primarily had the Senju body complemented by the Uchiha ocular power. It may be a different result.
EroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
Seven
Formerly TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist

Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Seven

I think this is a good theory, but I personally belive that Itachi placed some type of way to temperarily seal the Sharingan within Naruto because he knew that he would need it against Sasuke.

Spoiler:

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.EvL j3st3r has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I see your point. In all the cases we've seen it is a special eye like sharingan that the jutsu is cast from. So you're saying Naruto's bijuu could serve as a replacement for the Sharingan/Rinnegan part of the equation? I think that's where you're going. It's a little out there but I guess it's plausible.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

the requirements are there even itachis eyes....maybe both saskue and naruto are going to die then the gift activates saskues eyes..what dod madara say something like "complete control over your own personal reality" well the exact opposite of that is using some1 elses eyes and it becomes "complete control over some1 elses reality"
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
Phazonous
Genin

Location: On Great Red's back, chasing after Nyan Cat while holding a toaster.
Phazonous has completed a tough C-rank mission!Phazonous has completed a tough C-rank mission!

After years of reading Naruto, I can tell you that Naruto cannot use Izanagi. Why? I'll tell you some points:

1. Naruto's chakra form is only made of Yang chakra so it only gives vitality. Example: Yamato' wood release was reacting on the Yang chakra causing them to turn into full grown trees.

2. Minato sealed the Yin Chakra within him and because of the effects of the sealing technique, he died, making this impossible for Naruto to use Izanagi.

3. Itachi' gift to Naruto may be a technique or a new element that is not revealed yet.

That is all.
Phazonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #16
Blah.
Chunin

Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Didn't Itachi implant amaterasu in Sasuke to activate upon seeing Madara's eyes? Well, what if Itachi's sharingan appears in Naruto's eyes? I think its possible for Naruto to use Izanagi if triggered.......

Although I feel like the gift has more so to do with repelling the sharingan's influence on the nine-tails.
Blah. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:21 AM   #17
Shikamaru Nara

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazonous View Post
After years of reading Naruto, I can tell you that Naruto cannot use Izanagi. Why? I'll tell you some points:

1. Naruto's chakra form is only made of Yang chakra so it only gives vitality. Example: Yamato' wood release was reacting on the Yang chakra causing them to turn into full grown trees.

2. Minato sealed the Yin Chakra within him and because of the effects of the sealing technique, he died, making this impossible for Naruto to use Izanagi.

3. Itachi' gift to Naruto may be a technique or a new element that is not revealed yet.

That is all.
Like I said, this is totally far fetched, but many things are.

So he may have also been given Yin chakra.

Itachi may have unsealed it.

Doubtful. We're too far in the war.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #18
stephan27
Freshmen Academy Student

stephan27 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazonous View Post

That is all.
Well Naruto may not have the Kyuubi's Yin chakra, but he does have his own Yin chakra. I am not sure if this was revealed before this post but naruto can use the Flying Thunder God technique of the Fourth without needing special markings like the Fourth. It wouldn't surprise me if he can use more techinques without such requirements, like the sharingan. Everything else is there already:

1. He is decendant from the Senju Clan as the Uzumaki Clan is decends from them.

2. Itachi gave him power and he is from the Uchiha Clan.

3. That fact that Naruto posseses Yin chakra himself and has the Yang chakra of the Nine-tails, who was made by Izanagi.

3. The fact that Naruto can do some things that would usually need requirements he does not meet.

4. There is so much that doesn't add up. I mean, Clone Justu was his worst technique ever, but after an hour of training he could do the more advanced Shadow Clone jutsu? That makes no sense.

But I still like the series for one reason: Don't ask! Naruto can do all Kishimoto wants him to do. And if he comes up with some way that makes a character able to do things that character shouldn't be able to do (which has happened before) it will happen.

Conclusion: Yes, Naruto is very likely to be able to use Izanagi, in my opinion that is.
stephan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #19
Might_GAI
Genin

Might_GAI is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan27 View Post
Well Naruto may not have the Kyuubi's Yin chakra, but he does have his own Yin chakra. I am not sure if this was revealed before this post but naruto can use the Flying Thunder God technique of the Fourth without needing special markings like the Fourth. It wouldn't surprise me if he can use more techinques without such requirements, like the sharingan. Everything else is there already:

1. He is decendant from the Senju Clan as the Uzumaki Clan is decends from them.

2. Itachi gave him power and he is from the Uchiha Clan.

3. That fact that Naruto posseses Yin chakra himself and has the Yang chakra of the Nine-tails, who was made by Izanagi.
3. The fact that Naruto can do some things that would usually need requirements he does not meet.

4. There is so much that doesn't add up. I mean, Clone Justu was his worst technique ever, but after an hour of training he could do the more advanced Shadow Clone jutsu? That makes no sense.

But I still like the series for one reason: Don't ask! Naruto can do all Kishimoto wants him to do. And if he comes up with some way that makes a character able to do things that character shouldn't be able to do (which has happened before) it will happen.

Conclusion: Yes, Naruto is very likely to be able to use Izanagi, in my opinion that is.
And by the looks of 550, we know that the gift Itachi gave Naruto Shishui's eyes, now we know he posseses Uchiha blood too, nice theory

Cant wait to see Naruto with a one eyEd sharingan
Might_GAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #20
Wooster
Sage Mode Novice

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sadly, the crow has the sharingan eye not Naruto. Therefore, no Izanagi for him yet.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote