Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #241
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Movie Review: How was the last movie you saw?

I watched an "oldie" the other day.. Legend. A young man called a forest child (played by Tom Cruise *eww but the movie is good* falls for a young princess Lily. The two are "friends" but we all know they are in love. Tom's character is called Jack and he is in charge of protecting all forest creatures, but mainly the scared unicorns. Jack is teaching Lily about all the animals and how to talk with them. In the meantime the Lord of Darkness (looks like old depictions of Satan) wishes to engulf the world in darkness. In order to do this he must get rid of the the last of the unicorns. Since Unicorns have the power to bring light into the world. Of course he sends a minion to do this and bring the horns back to him.

Jack takes Lily to see the unicorns and she touches one is forbidden. The minion shots the stallion with a poison dart and takes the stallion's horn while trying to capture the mare. The Lord of Darkness absolutely must have the mare's horn since a mare is a female and has the power of creation.
They capture the mare and Jack's beloved Lily. The Lord of Darkness tries to force Lily to be his bride. Then tries to force to kill the last unicorn. Mean while Jack must save Lily and the Unicorn. I will not ruin the ending. I would suggest watching it. ^^ I own it! 9/10

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #242
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Cowboys vs. Aliens 8/10

Great movie! It kept me entertained the whole time. Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford worked really good together.
Spoiler:
Only disappointing thing was that we only got to see Olivia Wilde naked from behind, xP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #243
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Next
9/10
I thought this was a great movie, Nicolas Cage is just awesome, the storyline was also great, I just wish I could have seen more and saw what exactly happened with the whole bomb thing.

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #244
AgentShayd
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

Awards Showcase

FINALLY some posted I can now give my review of Act of Valor, HOORAY! This movie is hyped for the fact that they use real Navy Seals in it along with live ammo. Sounds interesting I know. Anyways the storyline was written but the tactics are similar to what a real seal mission would be like. Now I love the military, I myself am the proud daughter of a retired Navy man. ^^ My grandfather was Navy, my great uncle Army, 2 of my cousins are Marines another cousin is Airforce, and I even dated an Airforce guy. So naturally I was interested in this movie. Now the two main guys in this were a little dry with their acting but give them credit they are Navy Seals not Brad Pit and Tom Cruise (thank god.. -.-) but other than that it was a good movie.

They save an American woman who has been doing spy work for the government on a drug smuggler and his "friend" who is a terrorist. After they get her they have to stop both the drug smuggler and the terrorist guy whom has a very terrifying weapon. I won't ruin it with all the details in case any of you want to see it. Now I have read many things on this, some say the storyline is based on actual events, others say not. To each there own on it I guess. Anyways I give it a 8/10. Enjoy!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #245
Otocon
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Some where with Medlnic15 Enjoying our time together
Otocon saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Otocon Send a message via Yahoo to Otocon

Shippuden movie 4 the lost tower

10/10

Minato rocks this movie back in his ANBU days and this movies special Ranengan is the Father and Son Rasengan thats not it real name but hey its cool. The flash back with all the kids of Shizune and the rest was good

Otocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #246
Moodstone
Ninja Academy Student

Moodstone is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Thor 8.4/10 it was really good movie I sad when his brother died
Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #247
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

John Carter of Mars 8/10
Fun movie with interesting premise. I want to read the books/comics now.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #248
Star
Academy Graduate

Star saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Safe House 3/10

It was a little complicated to understand, and it was very slow. If you like those 'slow- building up' suspense movies, then you'll like it.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #249
Eli Goldsworthy
Chunin Exam Proctor

Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

21 Jump Street (2012)
10/10

Now this is a rare instance for me to put a comedy as a perfect 10 but this movie had me laughing from beginning to end. I loved every scene. Especially when Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum take the drug for the first time, that scene provides the biggest laughs of them all. I won't say much more about the movie as I hate giving people spoilers while it is opening weekend. Just go see it!

Eli Goldsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #250
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Location: Times people on Omegle actually wanted to have a decent conversation: 2
darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to darkdemonofthemist

First, let me just admit that I'm pretty sure I have some sort of secret ability where I just know if a movie's going to be bad or not.

ANYWAYS, I saw War Horse in theaters, and actually it wasn't too bad. The battle scenes were well planned out and they trained the horses very thoroughly. I could understand the accents pretty well, too. The ending however, was really gay. I mean, I suppose if you love horses you'd ball your eyes out in joy, but for me it didn't really do it.

Probably 6/10.
jenny,Memitim,Jonesy,deadtaka,Noctis,NinjaPink,Devroux,Luna Mikazuki,Miss Kitty,Wooster
Vatanui AKA Pride,Toma RNK,KGT,SS4 Gogeta,Looney-Lyra,Semog,Bacon,Pool,AgentShayd
Kitsune,Kiseki,Spartacus,Nick Tasogare,TBC,Shikamaru Nara,Lone_Espada,Maruko
Follow me on Twitter! @fishcantblink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicRobot
Your face cured my cancer.
darkdemonofthemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #251
Eli Goldsworthy
Chunin Exam Proctor

Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdemonofthemist View Post
First, let me just admit that I'm pretty sure I have some sort of secret ability where I just know if a movie's going to be bad or not.

ANYWAYS, I saw War Horse in theaters, and actually it wasn't too bad. The battle scenes were well planned out and they trained the horses very thoroughly. I could understand the accents pretty well, too. The ending however, was really gay. I mean, I suppose if you love horses you'd ball your eyes out in joy, but for me it didn't really do it.

Probably 6/10.
Oh my god! I do to! I love that ability

Eli Goldsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #252
Otocon
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Some where with Medlnic15 Enjoying our time together
Otocon saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Otocon Send a message via Yahoo to Otocon

The Odd angry shot....Was a good movie funny and its got action

And all that makes a good movie

Otocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #253
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

Hunger Games 10/10 for stick to the book story line but it's kind sad they left out some of my favorite parts from the book. like Peeta fake leg and Haymitch falled off the stage during the names drawing.

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #254
Tōka_Senju
Freshmen Academy Student

Tōka_Senju is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Last movie I saw was Gran Torino. I give it an nine it's an great piece of work from Clint Eastwood.
Tōka_Senju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #255
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Hunger Games 8/10
The books were better. The movie was good, but I hated that it
Spoiler:
made Katniss have legitimate feelings for Peeta when in the book she used him.
Still good but absolutely hated that. Also, Haymitch scenes were missing, and they changed quite a few things. And where the book spent I believe at least 100 pages for the exposition, it seems like the movie spends about 10 minutes on it.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #256
***V***
Special Jonin Candidate

***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

o.o Thank you for telling me that.

Spoiler:
Quote:
V is the lady of destruction
Quote:
Oh V.......Hebi thinks he will miss you most of all
With your neverwavering indifference and your witty sarcasm and for giving #Baby Latte that macaroni and cheese recipe xD
Quote:
Why do I feel that V would make an almost perfect female counterpart of L?

***V*** is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #257
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

I'm sorry, I just had a lot to complain about.

Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #258
***V***
Special Jonin Candidate

***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.***V*** strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

What are you sorry about? xD I'm glad you said something.

Spoiler:
Quote:
V is the lady of destruction
Quote:
Oh V.......Hebi thinks he will miss you most of all
With your neverwavering indifference and your witty sarcasm and for giving #Baby Latte that macaroni and cheese recipe xD
Quote:
Why do I feel that V would make an almost perfect female counterpart of L?

***V*** is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #259
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

I thought you were bothered by it. p.o

Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 03-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #260
AgentShayd

Awards Showcase

I to saw the Hunger Games. The difference is I had no idea this was a book series nor anything about it all until my friend told me about it. I went to see just because, I had no expectations since I knew nothing of the story. I thought it was pretty good. I have seen worse movies and better movies. My friend has read the books and he loves the books and liked the movie. He also picked out little things like deadtaka did as well.

I admit I cried in it when a certain character dies. It was extremely sad. Anyways I find this story/movie while interesting and creative, extremely morbid. I give the Hunger Games a 7 and 1/2/10