Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88
Exclamation just an idea (please read)

Forum Survey
Lately I had been thinking what if we start doing a survey about the forum. By asking random users, what they think about the forum and so on. While us at it we can ask if their anything they want to see change or improve on the forum as well.

So here how this will work.
me or someone will write out 3 to 6 questions about the forum they can be who your favorite mod. Or what do you hate most about the RP and so on.

From their people will look at the result, put the result together, and make a thread with the question and the answer to them. (Notice not all user name will be post)
How this will work? Okay someone or I will pick out 10to 15 users from there. The questions will send to them. From there on, they will have one week to fill them out and sent them back in to the person who sent to them in the first place.

Next, they will be send to a team of 5-8 forum member will over the pm and put together the results. All the pm will post with names remove. After that admin. Smod, mod, fail can see what they can to help the forum and might some changes if needy.

Who will be taking the survey? eveyone will be taking it. So that only they normal user will take the survey. This will done once a month just the MotM.
This from RC to make easier to understand
Spoiler:
Once a month, a few randomly chosen users (Around 10 - 15/Selection method to be confirmed) will be selected to participate in a survey about the forums. The survey will consist of 5 - 7 questions (To be confirmed) that will be designed to allow users to highlight anything that they view as a problem.

Each person who was sent a survey will have two weeks to complete it and PM it back to one of the users running the survey. In the event a user does not wish to participate in the survey, another user will be randomly selected to take their place.

Once the surveys have been turned in by the participants, a thread will be made for the questions and answers for that month, participants will remain annonymous except to those running the survey. After the results for the month have been posted, those in power can go over them and subsiquently decide if any changes or improvements are to be made to the forum.

Any members could be selected each month, excluding those in power, the only requirement for selection, is activity on the forums in the last month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

Last edited by trouble88; 03-15-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: making few changing and edited.
trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: just an idea (please read)

Why no Mods, Fail, Smode (so forth) they are just as normal as you. They have SO much more insight (well not THAT much depending on there power level) on the forum than most normal members. Plus they should be included also. Oh and, why only 3 questions? I mean 5 sounds better plus they should be neutral questions that everyone can answer.

Edit: I get why they shouldn't take it now....

Last edited by zerosameri; 03-14-2011 at 05:56 PM.
zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Your more than welcome to do this, and I suggest using a site like Google Docs to make a Form you can setup yourself and link people to that'll automate the whole thing.

I don't a the reason FAIL, Mods, Admins and the like shouldn't take it, however. We're users too, and there aren't see many of us that we'd overtake the survey .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

fine I fix up for everyone I just start work it on last night but I will need people to help out with anyway.

Last edited by trouble88; 03-14-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I have Google Docs for school purposes but I would gladly make a form and read all of the results. It will all be sent to me. Of course it would deem some organization but I could do this. It could be a monthly survey.

I will get started on it right away. I will have the first form done within the end of the week. I will pot it when it is ready.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Thanks shika ^^ and RC is going to help out as well. I will try to some rules for this done by the end of week along with sign up thread to. I plan run this like MtoM anyway bud. ^^

Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I have a few ideas for questions. The form will be accessable by the entire forum. I can make a thread and it will be the official survey. I would not get more than five users to do it unless we need them. It should not be too hard to make it.

I will do my best to finish the form tomorrow. I dunno if we can get a section or what, but so long as we have an official looking form we should be good.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

well try to talk err or mailk about or even sage mode I plan on leave lay some grounds rules when to making the questions as well.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Okay. I will work something out.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Okay. I will work something out.
must... resist...

I think it's a good idea, but I think you should stay away from questions like "who's your favorite mod" just because it could be seen as a popularity contest.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

thanks and try your best shika ^^

Old 03-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
must... resist...

I think it's a good idea, but I think you should stay away from questions like "who's your favorite mod" just because it could be seen as a popularity contest.
got that in rules already ^^

Last edited by trouble88; 03-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I sent a PM. I asked for You RC and I to be mods but the other members shoul be added later. I think what we have for now is okay but we can improv if we need to.

I started the form.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I sent a PM. I asked for You RC and I to be mods but the other members shoul be added later. I think what we have for now is okay but we can improv if we need to.

I started the form.
thanks and I almost sign up/ rules done here. I plan start out with 6 people for this just for now.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I see some problems;

1. Basic forum members typically don't know the extent of what the site can do or it's limits, and for some the rules aren't even known.
2. Opinions will vary from person to person, what may be good to one person will be bad to another, how are you going to judge it so that it's fair?
3. Survey's are basic questions and aren't broad like "what do you think needs fixing?" something that broad won't get anything done.
4. A respected forum member will get a bigger say than most of the ones who aren't. That's the way it'll go nothing to stop it.
5. Redundancy, usually if something needs fixing or they want to state an opinion there already is a feedback forum and Technical Issue forum, if people cared that much to install this they'd already have brought up an idea to the table a while ago.
6. There are hundreds of members, it'd be hard without using a RNG (which would take immense time to type hundreds of people in and then randomize it) so unless you have a really random way of doing it, people will complain it's stacked.
7. How many people would be asked? 10-20 isn't gonna do it, to close of a margin for it to do any good. 100 members is too much since the forum usually doesn't even have that many online, taking in credibility and knowledge, that decreases by a lot.

Also you guys are moving WAY to fast, did you even discuss a format for the sheet, how people would be chosen, how many etc? Honestly you should take everything into account before starting and requesting modship for people which it seems like this has been the whole point thus far.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

The idea is to make things happen faster.

I was not planning on making questions. I was going to make the sheet without questions then add all of the questions that have been decided by a council of somewhat capable members. Under no circumstances would I spend five minutes on the sheet and put it out. I want to make the sheet is all.

Having a forumwide vote with some multiple choice and a little fill ins really can't do much bad. It widens the scope and could possibly give people the opportunity for people to make something happen or say their worth.

But I do agree it is going very fast and should be slowed down.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

I have a few questions about this survey actually..

1. How many questions will there be total..3 seems far too short..maybe between 5 to 7??
2. How long will the people have to turn these surveys in?
3. What format will survey be presented in..long or short format?
4. Will the survey be sent to the same participants every month? Or will the participants be completely chosen at random??

Rest in Peace...My Beloved Cat..I will always miss you. 7/9/2012

Second Place in the 2011 Greatest Naruto Character Ever Contest

Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I would type a sentence or two in the survey.

I want it to open to the public. Not just certain members. Just reading off suggestions.

Probably a few weeks to take it.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheelah View Post
I have a few questions about this survey actually..

1. How many questions will there be total..3 seems far too short..maybe between 5 to 7?? I thinking go for 7 right now
2. How long will the people have to turn these surveys in? it going to be MtoM you one month to get done in
3. What format will survey be presented in..long or short format? I hope it will be short
4. Will the survey be sent to the same participants every month? Or will the participants be completely chosen at random?? no we will not pick same memeber every month. no there will two way of doing this. one is pm and two will be by thread with few question in it.
in the red

Last edited by trouble88; 03-15-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: I hate writing red damn it
Old 03-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #20
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
The idea is to make things happen faster.

I was not planning on making questions. I was going to make the sheet without questions then add all of the questions that have been decided by a council of somewhat capable members. Under no circumstances would I spend five minutes on the sheet and put it out. I want to make the sheet is all.

Having a forumwide vote with some multiple choice and a little fill ins really can't do much bad. It widens the scope and could possibly give people the opportunity for people to make something happen or say their worth.

But I do agree it is going very fast and should be slowed down.
Survey's aren't used to make drastic changes, they're used to make tweaks, which doesn't make things go faster, it makes things go smoother.
Take Mountain Dew for example that whole contest they had was a survey, they made five new flavors or something and then had people vote for it, winner got picked, so they released first THEN edited, if anything this should be the same.

A council isn't necessary for this, it'd take two days max, rallying up questions about existing forum features and then using process of elimination, it wouldn't require mod powers either, all it would need is an SG, and an Off Topic mod or Feedback Forum mod, wherever it should go to sticky and un sticky. It doesn't require it's own section as it's a usermade feature.

It can't do bad but it can be counter productive, and it being forum-wide is crazy, half the people on this forum are inactive aswell as don't know the rules and such, and it'd take forever to get all the votes in.

Like I said Feedback Forum is already made for that, the only difference is this asks more people, which can be good if this forum was less restricted by a company.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote