Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Kakashi's MS (Someone have an answer?)

Why is it his MS isn't fading?

He has used it quite a few times yet we have not seen (or it just hasn't been shown/talked about) any reduction in eyesight or damage to that eye.

Anyone know or have an idea?
Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
HokageNarutoUzamaki
Academy Graduate

HokageNarutoUzamaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Kakashi's MS (Someone have an answer?)

i dont think he's used it enough, but for some reason with no connection or support to my theory; i think he may have eternal mangekyo sharingan when he got his eye from obito (i know that obito isnt a relative, but i have a feeling...) anyway, we dont know to much about the hatake clan soo who knows :P
HokageNarutoUzamaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post

He has used it quite a few times yet we have not seen (or it just hasn't been shown/talked about) any reduction in eyesight or damage to that eye.

.... Plothole. One of many.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

He is obviously a god sent from above.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

He's not an Uchiha so he gets affected by using sharingan too long but I don't think he'll lose sight because he's not an Uchiha. Maybe losing sight is also a seperate hindering KG for the Uchiha?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
DeemonFox
Genin

DeemonFox is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Maybe it depends on the jutsu you use. You should add this to the blooper/inconsistency thread.
DeemonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'm sure it is, but at a MUCH slower pace than Itachi's and Sasuke's.

Probably because he doesn't use it unreasonably in every conceivable situation.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
.... Plothole. One of many.
Good potholes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool88888 View Post
He's not an Uchiha so he gets affected by using sharingan too long but I don't think he'll lose sight because he's not an Uchiha. Maybe losing sight is also a seperate hindering KG for the Uchiha?
Yeah him not being an Uchiha would make me think that the drawbacks would be more severe to be honest. Considering having his Sharingan activated 24/7 and exposed drains the hell out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeemonFox View Post
Maybe it depends on the jutsu you use. You should add this to the blooper/inconsistency thread.
Kamui in my opinion is better than Amaterasu (except Sasuke's current levels of ability with it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I'm sure it is, but at a MUCH slower pace than Itachi's and Sasuke's.

Probably because he doesn't use it unreasonably in every conceivable situation.
Sasuke used Tsuky and Amaterasu x2 in his fight with Killer Bee...after that he already noticed eye sight loss.

Kakashi has used his Kamui x2 vs Deidara and x2 vs Pain yet has had no bleeding in his eye, nor any comments on eyesight loss.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I am not sure, I mean there is always the possibility of the EMS, which I suppose would make some sense. However we could take the standpoint that based on the amount of chakra he has and the amount needed to "over use" the MS power which would lead to blindness just isn't there. We've seen what happens when he tries to use it, not so much bleeding out of the eye due to a huge mass of chakra but just that all his chakra seems to go up in smoke.

The last theory could be that, perhaps only having a single eye like that works in his favor. We know that sight is important when it comes to being a ninja, but no where does it say that one must be able to see to use a specific jutsu. By having a normal eye and a sharingan eye, we could argue that even if he does go blind in the sharingan eye, he can still use the jutsu from it, but would have to direct it with his normal eye. I guess there are just a lot of theories.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

he has used it if i recall on 2 maybe 3 different occasions in the entire series where as itachi had it years and was not completely blind saskue on the other hand battered it as soon as he got it he relied so heavily on MS madara himself said it he used it to much to soon

its unlikely but seen as tho we have never seen MS in any1 but uchiha kakashi may never loose its light although i doubt it can be considered EMS
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldy17 View Post
he has used it if i recall on 2 maybe 3 different occasions in the entire series where as itachi had it years and was not completely blind saskue on the other hand battered it as soon as he got it he relied so heavily on MS madara himself said it he used it to much to soon

its unlikely but seen as tho we have never seen MS in any1 but uchiha kakashi may never loose its light although i doubt it can be considered EMS
Kakashi has used it 4 times or so.

Sasuke used it 3 times in his fight with Killer Bee and already noticed a drop in eye sight.

We don't know how many times Itachi used his throughout his life before his fight with Sasuke except for the 3 times he used it on Sasuke..once after the Uchiha massacre (Tsuky) and the other 2 were after the Chunin Exams (Amaterasu and Tsuky).
Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:

hmmm... Me and jester had a big debate on whether it was fading or not a while back. Basically the only hint we have had that it is fading so far is in the beginning of part 2 when kakashi asks itachi how much his eye sight has faded and itachi goes "kakashi.... you" implying that kakashi knows of the down side of mangekyo probably because he is starting to lose his eyesight as well because he somehow got MS. Kakashi isn't using it nearly as much as sasuke, only 3 brief times in the entire series I think (probably more during the time skip) so if he is losing his eyesight, which I do believe to be the case because of his encounter with itachi, then we can definitely assume it isn't as bad as sasuke's because he lost his in a really REALLY short amount of time because he just spammed it to death over a short period of time.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
hmmm... Me and jester had a big debate on whether it was fading or not a while back. Basically the only hint we have had that it is fading so far is in the beginning of part 2 when kakashi asks itachi how much his eye sight has faded and itachi goes "kakashi.... you" implying that kakashi knows of the down side of mangekyo probably because he is starting to lose his eyesight as well because he somehow got MS. Kakashi isn't using it nearly as much as sasuke, only 3 brief times in the entire series I think (probably more during the time skip) so if he is losing his eyesight, which I do believe to be the case because of his encounter with itachi, then we can definitely assume it isn't as bad as sasuke's because he lost his in a really REALLY short amount of time because he just spammed it to death over a short period of time.
This is true I forgot about that part in his convo with Itachi.
BUT we also know that having the sharingan enables a person to partially decipher that tablet in the Uchiha hideout in the Leaf Village. IIRC doesn't that tablet give hints or info on how to obtain MS and EMS and also the downsides to MS?

This of course however is completely filled with holes, because that would depend on Kakashi reading the tablet himself.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
This is true I forgot about that part in his convo with Itachi.
BUT we also know that having the sharingan enables a person to partially decipher that tablet in the Uchiha hideout in the Leaf Village. IIRC doesn't that tablet give hints or info on how to obtain MS and EMS and also the downsides to MS?

This of course however is completely filled with holes, because that would depend on Kakashi reading the tablet himself.
Yes and that is the other side of the argument. Although you might need two sharingan to read it, but then again he got MS with 1 so anything is possible. We simply won't know for sure until it is further clarified in the manga.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Sasuke used Tsuky and Amaterasu x2 in his fight with Killer Bee...after that he already noticed eye sight loss.

Kakashi has used his Kamui x2 vs Deidara and x2 vs Pain yet has had no bleeding in his eye, nor any comments on eyesight loss.
How many times did he use it against Itachi? And Susano'o is far more draining than Kamui.

Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
How many times did he use it against Itachi? And Susano'o is far more draining than Kamui.

He didn't have MS when he fought Itachi..he obtained that after Madara told him "the truth" bout Itachi after Sauce killed him.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Well I tend to think of it this way........

EMS never loses it's light.
EMS is a transplanted Sharingan.

Kakashi's eye doesn't seem to be loosing it's light.
Kakashi's has a transplanted Sharingan.

Before anyone blows a gasket......I'm not saying Kakashi has EMS. I'm saying that maybe it's just that a transplanted Sharingan never loses light. That may be the reason that EMS doesn't cause blindness, as well as the reason Kakashi's MS doesn't seem to cause blindness.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I'm more interested in how he obtained the MS without slaughtering those he holds dear.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #19
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

One eye, and it's deactivated after he uses Kamui, so it takes a lot slower, since typically Sasuke and Itachi have it on the whole fight after use, rather than just one eye for a wee bit.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #20
Black Shuck
Special Jonin Candidate

Black Shuck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think the answer lies in how he got the MS and its effects on a non-Uchiha.

<((:))> <((:))>
.'l'.
.'l'.
----
v
I think. I think I am. Therefore I am... I think.
_________
Spoiler:
I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.
-C.C.Finn-
Rainbow Tables & unicorns on weed. lolOPHC!!
. . . . . .
Black Shuck is offline   Reply With Quote