Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 03-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Exclamation EV (Effort Value) training Pokemon...

I got a question for anyone who is an expert at EV training.
I'm still just learning how, especially with Pokemon Black/White.
Now, I've got my Power Lens equipped on my Solosis which was recently hatched.
I'm battling Litwicks at Celestial Tower that give me 1 Special attack EV point each.
Now, before it's too late. Since the Power Lens grant me 4 EV points in special attack, do I add that 1 little point that I get from battling all those Litwicks?
If so, then that means I'm getting 5 EV points per battle and I've managed to add it all up to 50 points so far. (Battled 10 so far.)

If not....

Then I ONLY get 4 points? And that should right now all add up to 40 ev points?

What's the max EV's you can get? 510?
What's the most you can spend in two stats? 252?

I also wish I had Pokerus to double all those points and save me a lot of time.

Please reply as soon as possible. I got the perfect natures, the perfect abilities, breeding and the perfect everything all set up and already done. I just need to get the EV training down.

I want to be able to maximize performance in a battle. D:

Last edited by Ishtar; 03-17-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: EV (Effort Value) training Pokemon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
I got a question for anyone who is an expert at EV training.
I'm still just learning how, especially with Pokemon Black/White.
Now, I've got my Power Lens equipped on my Solosis which was recently hatched.
I'm battling Litwicks at Celestial Tower that give me 1 Special attack EV point each.
Now, before it's too late. Since the Power Lens grant me 4 EV points in special attack, do I add that 1 little point that I get from battling all those Litwicks?
If so, then that means I'm getting 5 EV points per battle and I've managed to add it all up to 50 points so far. (Battled 10 so far.)
Yes, you'll get 'X' amount of EV points based on whatever the pokemon you beat is supposed to give you + 4 from your lens. So you should have gotten 50 if you've battled 10 pokemon that give you 1 point in Sp. Atk. already.
Quote:
What's the max EV's you can get? 510?
Correct. The combined EV point total of all of your stats combined cap at 510. Unless somethings changed since Diamond.
Quote:
What's the most you can spend in two stats? 255 or 252? (Always mixed up with these two)
255 is the max you can apply to any one stat. But seeing as 4 EV points = 1 extra point to whatever stat you're training in, it's recommended you stop at 252, as you'll just end up wasting the last 3 points that could be applied to another stat.

Quote:
I also wish I had Pokerus to double all those points and save me a lot of time.
Good luck finding it. In all the games I've ever played, I only got it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ashen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

On SoulSilver I have a pokemon with Pokerus. I could trade it to you if you want it.

Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu

I managed to get Pokerus in Black/White via GTS Negotiations. I'll trade you a Pokemon with it if you want it.

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

It's AIght. (;
I got Pokerus already. Just needed to use Poke transfer and transfer a few Pokemon with Pokerus.
Although I'm not too proud of my Vanilluxe's defense, but I'm darn proud of it's special defense and special attack.
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote