Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 03-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
sung
Freshmen Academy Student

sung is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default the power itachi shared with naruto

does any body have any good perdictions on wat could happen with the the power itachi gave to naruto. also itachi gave naruto this power to naruto ,when he was chaseing sasake with clones in the forest.
sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: the power itachi shared with naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sung View Post
does any body have any good perdictions on wat could happen with the the power itachi gave to naruto. also itachi gave naruto this power to naruto ,when he was chaseing sasake with clones in the forest.
........there have been so many predictions about the gift in this forum it's ridiculous. Usually people make their own thread about it though so people will actually read it and comment on it. But while I'm here I'll just share what I think about it

1. Itachi said that he hoped naruto would never have to use it:
This makes me think it is something of extreme consequence.
2. Naruto said he will stop sasuke without killing him:
Whether or not this is what made itachi decide to give him the power is uncertain, but I have a pretty good feeling that it has something to do with stopping sasuke.

The big question is exactly how far did itachi plan ahead. I think naruto is the solution to what would happen if sasuke's ameterasu didn't kill madara upond activation and sasuke got turned to a new path of vengence. After all, itachi did ask what naruto would do if sasuke were to attack the leaf so he deffinately knew that could happen and he entrusted naruto with something that has to do with that.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Ninyn
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I have traveled far and have honed my skills. Wisdom is greater than power!
Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sung View Post
i think that itachi passed down the power of the sharingan to naruto and that if naruto uses it his eyes will bleed like itachis but thats my best guess but the sharingan will never activate until tskuyomi is used on him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
My First Theme
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

My Title
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
"I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of your ears and listen! The reputation of The Naruto Forum echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader - the man of indomitable spirit, awesomeness, charms and masculinity - they're talking about me! The MIGHTY NINYN!!!"

My Favorite Theme

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Ninyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Sushi
Genin

Sushi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

How'bout this?

Just read the Manga, watch the Anime.

And i would guarantee you that you would find your answer soon.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I think he gave him the power to really believe it!

Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

He transferred all his STD's to Naruto...
Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
He transferred all his STD's to Naruto...
Indeed one of the leading theories of the present.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

He gave him the power of John Lennon.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Sunny D. Naruto will blind Sasuke with the Power of the Sun, making his Sharingan totally useless.

Honestly, though, I think it's a little bit more important. You see, I believe that Madara is controlling Sasuke, and that Itachi's gift allows Sasuke to break that control. In fact, my personal theory is that when Naruto and Sasuke met at the bridge where Danzo died, Naruto transferred a message to Sasuke through their clashes. Itachi gave Sasuke the message through Naruto to transplant his eyes so that Sasuke could break Madara's control over him. There was a flashback of Itachi's meeting with Naruto just before he reached Sasuke, and immediately after the meeting Sasuke wished to transplant Itachi's eyes. If you'll recall, Madara himself was surprised Sasuke wanted to transplant Itachi's eyes, so I think it may be because Sasuke got something Madara couldn't see that told him to do that.

It's a long shot, but at this point I think it's the only way Sasuke and Naruto can have a happy ending.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Sunny D. Naruto will blind Sasuke with the Power of the Sun, making his Sharingan totally useless.

Honestly, though, I think it's a little bit more important. You see, I believe that Madara is controlling Sasuke, and that Itachi's gift allows Sasuke to break that control. In fact, my personal theory is that when Naruto and Sasuke met at the bridge where Danzo died, Naruto transferred a message to Sasuke through their clashes. Itachi gave Sasuke the message through Naruto to transplant his eyes so that Sasuke could break Madara's control over him. There was a flashback of Itachi's meeting with Naruto just before he reached Sasuke, and immediately after the meeting Sasuke wished to transplant Itachi's eyes. If you'll recall, Madara himself was surprised Sasuke wanted to transplant Itachi's eyes, so I think it may be because Sasuke got something Madara couldn't see that told him to do that.

It's a long shot, but at this point I think it's the only way Sasuke and Naruto can have a happy ending.
That's an interesting take. It is a long shot but I guess it's possible and it does give an answer for Itachi's gift that I haven't heard yet but it'd be quite a risk on Kishi's behalf. I mean he's already projected Sasuke to be so super evil not showing regard to the lives of his prior friends and comrades. If he's been under Madara's control all this time then we have to completely change our current perception of Sasuke. That'd be a pretty hard turn.

I think Sasuke deciding to take Itachi's eyes was simply him respecting the threat that Naruto imposes to him. He knows from experience not to underestimate Naruto and realized he would need all the fire power he could get when they finally meet for the big showdown.

On another note......I wish ppl would stop with this "Itachi gave Naruto the power of Sharingan" crap. That is just insanely anti-climatic and it would demolish the central pillar of the story. Kishi is obviously a better writer than that.
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 03-14-2011 at 07:49 PM.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
nine tailed sasuke
Apprentice Genin

nine tailed sasuke is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
I think he gave him the power to really believe it!

i agree with you good sir
nine tailed sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

my opinion bot saskue and naruto will die like naruto said the the "power" will activate and bring naruto back from the brink thus keeping the power balance and having the hero survive maybe it even uses itachis eyes that are in saskue
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #13
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Not bad.

I hope your theory is right. I want the old Sasuke back!

/fangirl shriek
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

i like most of your theories but this has a big hole in the foundation.

Your Theory is only valid assuming that Itachi knew Sasuke would know the truth about him and hence change his opinion about him Itachi... But this is impossible since madara said that even itachi didn't know that he Madara knew the truth...(so itachi went to the grave believing that no one knew the truth).

so all things being equal from that point in time when Itachi gives Naruto his power, it is impossible for this power to have any sort of a hint of a message to sasuke whom itachi knew hated him, did not trust him. With this in mind how can itachi tell sasuke to plant his eyes? what'd make itachi think sasuke (his enemy according to sasuke) would believe him? And why would all his last effort for naruto depend on something like that...

So you see, this fact is easy to escape anybody but that's the hole... but it was very interesting too.

behead a dragon once and you're a legend; behead it twice and you're only a myth.
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
demonic_angel
Freshmen Academy Student

demonic_angel is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Hi....i am newbie in this forum...so nice too meet you all
for me...what the power itachi gave to naruto is not interesting anymore..since naruto is now able to use the kyubi chakra...i wonder what kind of jutsu will he has??
demonic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #16
demonic_angel
Freshmen Academy Student

demonic_angel is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Not bad.

I hope your theory is right. I want the old Sasuke back!

/fangirl shriek

I think Sasuke is a perfect enemy, true avenger and an absolute antagonist...it will be great if in the end , naruto can crush Sasuke..it's just great...hehe....
demonic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
The only way Sasuke can have a happy ending is by helping Naruto save the world from Madara in a very obvious and fundamental way. Otherwise he gets to be hunted for the rest of his life. And I still think Naruto ultimately becomes the Jinchuuriki of the Juubi.

As to the power, I'm betting it's at least a genjutsu, since that would lead to the greatest contrast with Naruto's powers and be the biggest surprise coming from a person who has a known lack of talent in that area. That is why I don't think it's something like amaterasu.

You'd figure Tsunade or Inoichi could see that something like that was planted in him...

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #18
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
So you see, this fact is easy to escape anybody but that's the hole... but it was very interesting too.
Didn't escape me. 'Member the Ammy Itachi planted in Sasuke? The one that almost (but not really close at all) killed Madara? Madara's first and only guess to the purpose of that was to make sure Sasuke never knew about the truth. If Itachi's gift to Naruto is Itachi's backup in case the Amaterasu failed, he would've given it much on the assumption that Madara had turned Sasuke, as Itachi knew Madara would.

Also, did you perhaps consider Itachi could've out-thought Madara? It's a given that he's quite intelligent.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote