Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Shop System

K I have not posted feedback in a while and I got a cool idea. It would require a bit of thinking but it would be cool to have and I really think users would enjoy using it. I am positive that a team of people would be able to handle the job. Like the image album we could have a group of moderators.

Anywho rather than talking about it I suppose I should just get to the point. I am proposing that we start a shop system. Users can post and do other regular forum activities and earn some sort of forum curreny. Maybe it would be called Ryo or something. It does not have to be Naruto related but I was just throwing it out there.

I know for sure that MyBB has this...though I do not know if vBulletin has it. So here are a few possible uses.

BFV could use it to buy weapions kidos and such.
As can KHR RP and Soul Eater.
Perhaps the currency can be redeemable for a username change.
Maybe we can do a lottery for currency.
BN system.
Perhaps a trading system. Buy a forum experience card or bid for them. We could make a bunch and the first one who somehow gets them all would get a prize or something.

These are just possibilities. I am sure there are other things we could do but I wanna see your opinions on this.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
alex1231
Special Jonin Candidate

alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Shop System

I like it!! Because i want to change my username xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alex1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I don't think this would work. It's basically just rep with a different name, and it could be obtained easier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

This would likely cost a lot of money with few rewards. If any of the places you mentioned wanted to implement a shop they could with no cost, making one would just add on to rep and people would cry if they didn't get enough as well as get angry and accuse people of getting currency because of friendship and stuff. It'd just be bad.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I am sure that income settings could be placed. And I am just skimming the possibilities
Old 03-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
alex1231
Special Jonin Candidate

alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.alex1231 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Yeah it's just an idea i like it but it can be easily corrupted for Evil!!

alex1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
The Forgotten One
Chunin Exam Proctor

The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

The WC is already working on a currency for the BN, which will work a lot better than what was used in the old system

Quote:
@ Devroux: Fighting with my foot in your ass is always fun too, but I don't see any "my foot in your ass" locations, do I?

The Vicious Wolverine of the Nine Jungle Beasts

The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It's an okay idea for forum related stuff. I disagree with how you want to put it in the the FVs. It's not a freeverse with a shop.

But I agree it'd be a cool idea to obtain a CT and stuff like that. There'd just be few rewards.

Also, couldn't rep just be used as the currency? Some people have enough to spare.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
It's an okay idea for forum related stuff. I disagree with how you want to put it in the the FVs. It's not a freeverse with a shop.

But I agree it'd be a cool idea to obtain a CT and stuff like that. There'd just be few rewards.

Also, couldn't rep just be used as the currency? Some people have enough to spare.
Problem with rep is that, people trade it, and with currency for it people will trade more, get pissed when they get de-repped and such, this makes people that care about rep when it's basically nothing care about it even more and will just make the entire rep system effed up.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Any system that is in effect another rep system gets a thumbs down from me. This one is already messed up. It will only take time for this new one to fall aswell.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

There are a few shop systems for vB, but are very outdated and not compatible (vbPlaza is an example).

If it involves rep, then no. Personally, I don't see a need for this.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

This doesn't involve rep. It's a different system. Money could be obtained by posting or just by the amount of time you spend online.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It's a rather interesting idea

When will this be in effect for testing?

Last edited by Inuyasha; 03-04-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
This doesn't involve rep. It's a different system. Money could be obtained by posting or just by the amount of time you spend online.
I know, I've used them before.
It's just that loads of addons implemented here seem to need the involvement of the reputation system :/
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

As far as user run shop/currency systems go, if they're run by users and used to trade things among the users running it, then you're welcome to go for it. I'm personally on the side of what's been echoed so far about the use of a built-in one though.

Unless there's a community of users willing to make and run something functionally similar on their own and of their own accord, chances are, it's not something that will pay off in the long run by building it 'into the system' without the user base being already behind it enough to give it a go on their own. I actually can't think of a single addon type thing on this site off the top of my head that didn't take off and maintain itself without a userbase attempting to do it themselves beforehand.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
puppetmaster zack
Special Jonin Candidate

puppetmaster zack is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.puppetmaster zack is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.puppetmaster zack is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.puppetmaster zack is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.puppetmaster zack is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to puppetmaster zack Send a message via Skype™ to puppetmaster zack

Quote:
yes but for peopple like when my account is never not activate cause i never get singed out i just go to the site and i am loged in so I think it should just be for post.Besides that epic idea i love
Your past has you in a chokehold,
But you deserve it from what I've been told
Call my bluff, say what you want,
I'm looking down at you from the top,
I beg for attention in small doses,
Leave the scene smelling of dead roses

Loverboy, you're playing those hearts like toys,
Don't you feel bad, don't you feel bad?
Filled with repent?
<3
puppetmaster zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
A possible reason for new member to join.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote