Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
TG Tensho
Freshmen Academy Student

TG Tensho is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default One Word Answers...

Does it annoy you? I hate it when I'm trying to talk to friends and some of them answer back in one word. =\ Especially in text form...the whole conversation is destroyed after that. P:

Then the atmosphere gets all awkward and whatnot. Those darn one-word people. >.>
TG Tensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: One Word Answers...

Nope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
TG Tensho
Freshmen Academy Student

See, now I have no idea how to respond to that. >.>

*thinks of a way to start a convo*
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

YES, YES! I thought I was the only one that disliked this. ;_;

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Tensho View Post
Does it annoy you? I hate it when I'm trying to talk to friends and some of them answer back in one word. =\ Especially in text form...the whole conversation is destroyed after that. P:

Then the atmosphere gets all awkward and whatnot. Those darn one-word people. >.>
No!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
TG Tensho
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptor Sakura View Post
Really? I thought more people would hate it. P:

But it just bugs me...they could at least say something else to start another conversation. >.>
Old 02-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
Amrisuke
Academy Graduate

Amrisuke is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

I usually don't mind it. But if they still want to keep talking, like sending the same message twice, they ought to start a new convo...it's not like I have something to say either. :\

Amrisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #8
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptor Sakura View Post
Get the H*ll over it!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #9
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

They suck

Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Yes..

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Indeed.

Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #12
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

YES! Those are the worst. Makes you think things like this:
Did I say something bad?
What did I do that made you upset?
Something happened and not wanna tell?
What shall I say next?
Why doesn't this person wanna talk to me?

In the end it gets tiring, so after 3 pm's I'm done with those type of people.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 AM   #13
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:

It irritates me if we are in the middle of a serious conversation and they do it.

Generally if someone replies to me with a one word response that isn't valid (for example asking a yes or no question, a one word response is a valid answer. Talking about many things and getting a "yeah" back is not), I consider it a sign they do not wish to talk anymore and let the conversation tapper off and die. Also depends on the usage of the word. I'm less likely to be annoyed if someone replies with "agreed" to something I'm saying, even if it wasn't a question I was posing toward them.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #14
Rotate
Special Jonin Candidate

Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Maybe

Rotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #15
XxdarkwolfxX
Genin Elite

Location: Hiding under my bed with all the scary monsters ;D muhahaha
XxdarkwolfxX is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't like it either, It gets so annoying! When my friends text me one word, I don't know what to say, so I end up not texting them back.
XxdarkwolfxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #16
Shooting Star
Twinkle Twinkle Little Dog
Apprentice Genin

Shooting Star saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Yes, it does! I really get annoyed when I'm talking to a person and he/she only say yes or no. I want the conversation flow but when the person I'm talking to says repeatedly yes or no over and over again the conversation automatically dies for me.

Shooting Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #17
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I do it all the time, I'm too lazy to put effort into my responses.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #18
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Tea..

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #19
Elite Seal
Chunin Exam Proctor

Elite Seal is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sometimes I hate it sometimes I don't.

Spoiler:
~I'll be quite random
I support these Naruto couples or whatever it is that you may call it: Batman&Pikachu Turtwig&Hinata Sasuke&Dawn [More to be added soon]

trouble88
Elite Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #20
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Fluctuation seal fluctuates

Tags
annoying, awkwardness, one word