Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Lottery System?

has anyone ever thought of having a "rep lottery" on the site?
like... it could happen on a weekly basis and members can just send pm's with chosen #'s to whoever is running it and... you know... like the actual lottery.

i don't know just a thought. i feel like we need more " weekly-basis events" if you know what i mean.
SharinganSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Aizen Sosuke saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Lottery System?

This Sounds like a really good idea dude

Naruto Shippuden is awesome

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Aizen Sosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Fliparrachii
Die Fliparrachii Die

Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.
Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Fliparrachii

Hasn't someone else thought of this in the past?
NBA Picks----
East Conference: Miami Heat (53-25)
West Conference: Golden State Warriors (48-29)
-------------------------------------------
"They Even Judged God.
See If I Care When You Judge Me"
Im Pretty Sure The Whole "Ladies First" Thing Was Created
By A Guy Just To Check Out Ass
;p

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fliparrachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseAnimeForLife View Post
not sure... but i just thought of it. but if more than one person thought of it, then it can't be a bad idea.

Last edited by SharinganSage; 01-20-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: explanation
Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama

Hockey Otaku did this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kazumi Saitama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi Saitama View Post
Hockey Otaku did this.
oh... i don't come on the feedback section a lot so i didn't know.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi Saitama View Post
Hockey Otaku did this.
yea but quite because of some RL issues I believe it was kind of fun back than. I wish can bring that back someday

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I personally dislike the idea.

Rep is already easy enough to get and now you are proposing that we give more away. I know it may be hard for some people but I honestly see no point.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Just to put out a technicality that is retarded, but still counts. Any type of garbling or any type of lottery no matter what the prize is even if it is on the internet. You still have to be 18 years or older
--
On a serous note. If you want a weekly thing with rep as a prize make your own weekly event. Or just join this this. You gain rep and it's simple.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
Just to put out a technicality that is retarded, but still counts. Any type of garbling or any type of lottery no matter what the prize is even if it is on the internet. You still have to be 18 years or older
you do? is that a law?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganSage View Post
you do? is that a law?
I believe so, but I maybe wrong.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

@SN: Not everything needs to have a point. Not that this is great, but I don't find it bad either. I personally am on the "go for it if you want to" side.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
@SN: Not everything needs to have a point. Not that this is great, but I don't find it bad either. I personally am on the "go for it if you want to" side.
It's always good to have a legit reason to do something.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
It's always good to have a legit reason to do something.
That reminds me of Minato.

Anyway, I˙m not sure this would work well!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Maybe good, but not necessary.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 AM   #16
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganSage View Post
has anyone ever thought of having a "rep lottery" on the site?
like... it could happen on a weekly basis and members can just send pm's with chosen #'s to whoever is running it and... you know... like the actual lottery.

i don't know just a thought. i feel like we need more " weekly-basis events" if you know what i mean.
Well we already have a newly made monthly thing MOTM awards

Not to mentions TBC random Forum games

Something weekly would be alot to keep up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseAnimeForLife View Post
I had the Forum Ideas Recognition Thing and Kon had something similar or stole my idea

When i read throught the suggestion threads I don't think I saw this idea but maybe it was awhile ago
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
uchiha-master
Chunin Exam Participant

uchiha-master is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This is possible, vb has a lottery mod. You have to pay to get it lol, but it creates a new page you buy a ticket then you wait 24 hours and if your ticket wins you win items from a shop which runs on currency (virtual ) also another addon, I don't see why viz buys those mods. they are to old they need to Become more modern.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #18
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I'm not sure exactly, but my speculation is that they aren't buying the mods because the others that work in VIZ Media don't particularly care about the forum as much as they should (That part came from an Admin I spoke to once.) so they are spending minimal amounts of money on the forum.

Plus the economy isn't so good as you likely know, so money isn't easy to come by anymore. VIZ can't spend it all on their forums.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Who knew Forums cost so much?
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Most 'mods' are actually free, and the ones that aren't cost the equivalent of half a penny for a company. The reason I don't deck out the forum with an unlimited number of bells and whistles is because those bells and whistles aren't designed to fit together, cause massive problems when used on a site like ours far outside of their intended scale, tend to systematize any fun out of the intended purpose of the mod, and will often be used a grand total of twice for all the trouble.

For simple things like this, a mod is rarely the answer. It's the difference between a button you press on the site to randomly give you rep, and a user run contest thread that encourages people to talk and joke about it all up until the time a lucky one of them is publicly declared winner, thereafter restarting said good times.

That said, I'm slightly against this, with a foot still firmly in the 'up to you' room. Randomly awarding reputation seems to defeat the purpose. Contests seem more fun overall, like in the glory days of TBC.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote