Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 02-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #21
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Kin-Gin FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Hmmm? I thought it was great the way Kinkaku and Ginkaku have the fox's power. The author created something that practically sounded like mythology itself: Kinkaku and Ginkaku survived inside the demon fox's stomach for two weeks, and when it was forced to spit them out they had its power. Lolwut "9 tails power just keeps getting handed out". How many people besides Kinkaku and Ginkaku have actually had it? As in, that weren't its Jinchuriki.
well Sora did in the fillers but that's not what I'm referring to.I didn't mean alot of ppl have it. I was talking about each individual power or trait that harboring the fox offers. First it was the whisker marks, and then not only do the brothers benifit with a massive second chakra reserve (which is the only thing that allowed them to use their weapons so it's probably an almost bottomless reserve just like Naruto) but now they get to have a kyuubi form too(which mirrors Naruto's old forms), and since Kinkaku can use that form that must mean that he also has the healing abilities that come from harboring the fox........what's next? Is kishi gonna give Kinkaku Naruto's RS (control) mode too! ( I know that won't happen). Atleast in the fillers the fox power was demonstrated somewhat differently with Sora, giving him a little originality.. I'm just saying it's BS that Kishi is completely ripping off the main character's traits and stripping away the things that were unique to him just to build up these two new characters.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 02-19-2011 at 12:02 PM.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Kagai View Post
Not really. It makes sense that they had it when they were alive, but the Kyuubi's chakra wasn't part of them. There souls are the things being revived, yet somehow the chakra was carried over with them. I call BS on that.
Actually it was. Consider; The chakra network. That's the part of the body where all chakra is contained. Now, Kinkaku survived in the Kyuubi's stomach for two weeks. If he absorbed the Kyubi's chakra for the entire duration, the chakra would go into his chakra network and become a permanent part of it. Getting revived with the Kyubi's chakra is no different than any other person getting revived with a Kekkei Genkai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
well Sora did in the fillers but that's not what I'm referring to.I didn't mean alot of ppl have it. I was talking about each individual power that harboring the fox offers. Not only do the brothers benifit with a massive second chakra reserve (which is the only thing that allowed them to use their weapons) but now they get to have a kyuubi form too(which mirrors Naruto's old forms), and since Kinkaku can use that form that must mean that he also has the healing abilities that come from harboring the fox........what's next? Is kishi gonna give Kinkaku Naruto's RS (control) mode too! ( I know that won't happen). Atleast in the fillers the fox power was demonstrated somewhat differently with Sora. I'm just saying it's BS that Kishi is completely ripping off the main character and stripping away the things that were unique to his character just build up these two new characters.
As far as we know they don't get regeneration. Even if they do it's useless since Edo Tensei already gets that anyways. They couldn't have the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode (RS Mode makes no sense to me because it doesn't describe its actual effect) since that requires a constant exchange of chakra between the Kyubi and its host, and they aren't Jinchuriki. Biju have always had massive chakra, so if Kinkaku has Biju chakra it only makes sense for him to have massive chakra reserves. The transformation itself is primarily chakra, so Kinkaku being able to use it makes sense.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Rather than this making Naruto less unique, it makes the Gold and Silver brothers more unique. All Jinchuriki have the massive chakra and Jinchuriki transformations, and they all have a Biju Chakra Mode and their Biju gives them special abilities. Naruto is unique as a Jinchuriki. However, what sets Kinkaku and Ginkaku apart from all the Jinchuriki is that they have no Biju. They survived inside a Biju for two weeks and came out with Jinchuriki powers, and in the history of the ninja world no one has had Jinchuriki powers who was not a Jinchuriki. (Sure, they had Jinchuriki-like powers, but not the specific powers.)

Kishi's allowed to remove some things unique to Naruto. Naruto's already unique enough. He's one of only five to obtain full control over a Biju, the only known person to master Sage Mode, and the only user of the Rasenshuriken technique.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #23
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
As far as we know they don't get regeneration. Even if they do it's useless since Edo Tensei already gets that anyways. We do know they get it. The Kyuubi cloak causes severe injury to the body. It strips away the exterior flesh on a person in it's entirety (four tails and up). And yes ET offers regeneration but we know by Kakuzu's statement that Kinkaku used this form sometimes when he was alive. So do you really think a person could survive the level of injury (being skinned alive and probably damage on a cellular level) without regeneration?
They couldn't have the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode (RS Mode makes no sense to me because it doesn't describe its actual effect) since that requires a constant exchange of chakra between the Kyubi and its host, and they aren't Jinchuriki. I said, "I know that won't happen". It was sarcasm. and also I said "RS (CONTROL) mode". I put "RS" in there bc of Naruto's appearance so yes it does describe an effect of the form. But anyway, I did specify that it's his control mode.
Biju have always had massive chakra, so if Kinkaku has Biju chakra it only makes sense for him to have massive chakra reserves. The transformation itself is primarily chakra, so Kinkaku being able to use it makes sense.
I never said it didn't make sense. I said Kishi should've taken a different direction to make it more original.
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Rather than this making Naruto less unique, it makes the Gold and Silver brothers more unique. All Jinchuriki have the massive chakra and Jinchuriki transformations, and they all have a Biju Chakra Mode and their Biju gives them special abilities. Naruto is unique as a Jinchuriki. However, what sets Kinkaku and Ginkaku apart from all the Jinchuriki is that they have no Biju. They survived inside a Biju for two weeks and came out with Jinchuriki powers, and in the history of the ninja world no one has had Jinchuriki powers who was not a Jinchuriki. (Sure, they had Jinchuriki-like powers, but not the specific powers.)
That's exactly my problem.Yes it does make Kin and Gin more unique. But it also makes Naruto less unique. I mean Naruto nearly killed Jaraiya in that form. Not exactly a pleasant feat but a feat none the less bc it showed us a glimpse of the amazing power Naruto had locked away in him. Like I said, he's ripping off Naruto's character to hype up Kin and Gin.

Kishi's allowed to remove some things unique to Naruto. Naruto's already unique enough. He's one of only five to obtain full control over a Biju, the only known person to master Sage Mode, and the only user of the Rasenshuriken technique.
I'll agree that there's plenty unique about Naruto. Two of the feats u mentioned above have nothing to do with the fox's power. Still, the whole rip-off thing has made this part of the arch a disappointment to me. I just think the fox's chakra could've effected them some way other than exactly like Naruto minus his control form. Like I said. The Sora thing wasn't so bad bc the power manifested in him a different way bc it was obtained a different way. Naruto actually harbors the true Kyuubi. The rest just retained some of it's chakra.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #24
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
*massive text excised*
Just wanted to note that Kakuzu implied that kinky going 9T was a rarity, that one had to push him. I'm thinking it was done when either brother bore serious injury, or in one instance death.

And I'm more in line with D330's thoughts on this. I don't think it is the best move to take, but on a technical standpoint there is no fault here. Sometimes the food's bitter - doesn't mean it isn't any less beneficial.

EAT AND ENJOY.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #25
Lord Jiraiya
Chunin Exam Participant

Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I think its great they have the fox's powers. it mean's there's a reason for giving them that backstory and another reason why they were feared when they were alive. I dont recall it even being stated they when they left the second hokage on his death bad that they didn't have or use the power of the fox.
Lord Jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Hmmm? I thought it was great the way Kinkaku and Ginkaku have the fox's power. The author created something that practically sounded like mythology itself: Kinkaku and Ginkaku survived inside the demon fox's stomach for two weeks, and when it was forced to spit them out they had its power. "9 tails power just keeps getting handed out"? How many people besides Kinkaku and Ginkaku have actually had it? As in, that weren't its Jinchuriki.
2 more than any of the other tailed beasts.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #27
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Kin/Gin brothers are powerful and everything but..I don't get why everyones all " Kin/Gin>all " they're meh..
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #28
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
2 more than any of the other tailed beasts.
2 more what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tsunade View Post
Kin/Gin brothers are powerful and everything but..I don't get why everyones all " Kin/Gin>all " they're meh..
No one's being like that.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #29
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
2 more what? No one's being like that.
BG says otherwise. And I've seen people who've loved their character in that 528 discussion. Don't really understand. Like I said, I think they're meh...lol
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #30
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
BG says otherwise. And I've seen people who've loved their character in that 528 discussion. Don't really understand. Like I said, I think they're meh...lol
I'm talking about the exaggeration. Show me a person who thinks Gold & Silver Bros > Rikudo Sennin and I might accept it, although it's still an exaggeration to say everyone thinks they>all and your personal perception of other people's opinions affects how you treat them when they express said opinions.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #31

@the tard that said it was bs for their powers to carry over, it isn't the impure world res. was explained at one point if you didn't comprehend it said, if they had sharingan or something and they died their summon would also have it this also goes for people with implants etc.

Also Kinkaku and Ginkaku are perfectly fine, in Kinkaku's transformation he doesn't even have the nine tails skeleton it's also probably alot weaker than Naruto's.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 02-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #32
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Quote:
I'm talking about the exaggeration. Show me a person who thinks Gold & Silver Bros > Rikudo Sennin and I might accept it, although it's still an exaggeration to say everyone thinks they>all and your personal perception of other people's opinions affects how you treat them when they express said opinions.
Well of course its an exaggeration XD

But the Kin/Gin brothers obviously don't>Sasuke, Deidara, Hanzo, Gai, Kakashi, Sannin etc. BG says otherwise - thats all I'm saying.

I disagree with other people. And don't understand why they've taken a liking to these characters, they've rarely been in the manga long, there attacks are a bit boring and their personalities are similar.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #33
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well of course its an exaggeration XD

But the Kin/Gin brothers obviously don't>Sasuke, Deidara, Hanzo, Gai, Kakashi, Sannin etc. BG says otherwise - thats all I'm saying.

I disagree with other people. And don't understand why they've taken a liking to these characters, they've rarely been in the manga long, there attacks are a bit boring and their personalities are similar.
You constantly contradicting yourself in the BG saids otherwise. Have a problem about how we think about Kin & Gin make a thread in the BG don't carry it over to her. Just saying.

Since we are calling out Kin & Gin we see the same damn routine from Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura.

Sakura - *Cries* Why Sasuke? I can't kill him. I will become stronger.
Naruto - Hyperventilates FTW
Sasuke - Don't get me started.

Been that way mostly with every character from leaf. Kakashi entering a fight looking like he is ready to kick ass but it ends up being the other way around. Tsunade fail attempt at stopping pain, slipping into a coma, and her first meeting with the other kages fuels even more reason why she is the worst hokage and why she just be killed off. Haters gonna hate, at the end of the day.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
2 more what?
Meaning no other tailed beast has it's power spread to other people. In other words 2 more than any of the other tailed beasts..... duh:P
Old 02-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #35
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Yeah, it's true

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #36
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
Meaning no other tailed beast has it's power spread to other people. In other words 2 more than any of the other tailed beasts..... duh:P
That doesn't answer what I asked. "How many people besides Kinkaku and Ginkaku have actually had it?" If you literally answered "2 more", then who are these people?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #37
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
^well actually I'm calling a fail on Kishi's behalf over this part of the arch in it's entirety..... but yea your right. That's a major character fail for Ginkaku. Renowned, Feared, and Legendary beaten by his own specialty and reduced to a baby screaming for help in his defeat.

You know Darui also had a fail. Wasn't this whole part of the arch to hype Darui up? So how could an elite Shinobi who is a commanding officer of the joint forces make such a novice mistake to scream out "I didn't say dull!"(knowing dull is his tabood word)........It's the level of reverse psychology that you might use on a four year old kid! Not acceptable that Darui was so easily lured into saying that.
I know lol

It was. Then he changed his more said word to sorry Then got out of being sucked up. I mean really. And it's true Darui made a HUGE fail. He didn't say dull, but he did. Then changed it Sorry, THEN got out of being sucked up...

I still say Naruto should be there

zerosameri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #38
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
^well actually I'm calling a fail on Kishi's behalf over this part of the arch in it's entirety..... but yea your right. That's a major character fail for Ginkaku. Renowned, Feared, and Legendary beaten by his own specialty and reduced to a baby screaming for help in his defeat.

You know Darui also had a fail. Wasn't this whole part of the arch to hype Darui up? So how could an elite Shinobi who is a commanding officer of the joint forces make such a novice mistake to scream out "I didn't say dull!"(knowing dull is his tabood word)........It's the level of reverse psychology that you might use on a four year old kid! Not acceptable that Darui was so easily lured into saying that.
That's because his brother got struck down and he was left without his weapons.

He didn't say that, he thought it. Translation-wise it was because he said "And I'll" which can sound like it has dull in it when said aloud. Not the kind of thing that could only catch a four-year-old.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
That doesn't answer what I asked. "How many people besides Kinkaku and Ginkaku have actually had it?" If you literally answered "2 more", then who are these people?
Kin and Gin ARE the two. No other tailed beasts have anyone like gin and kin, that's why it is 2 MORE THAN ANY OTHER TAILED BEASTS. Gin and Kin ARE the "2 MORE", jeez... if you don't understand this the third time then I really worry for you dude.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #40
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
Kin and Gin ARE the two. No other tailed beasts have anyone like gin and kin, that's why it is 2 MORE THAN ANY OTHER TAILED BEASTS. Gin and Kin ARE the "2 MORE", jeez... if you don't understand this the third time then I really worry for you dude.
"besides Kinkaku and Ginkaku," is what I said. Learn to read.