Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Post Itachi's Power to Naruto ANALYSED

I acknowledge the very many theories surrounding Itachi's Gift to Naruto. It seems we dont have enough resources to get a solid grip on it's Purpose... Here's my Theory....

We first have to accept that Itachi is the kind that thinks ahead of time and makes provisions for the future... So this Power he gave Naruto, Why and What is It..

We can Deduce a few things about the 'WHY' aspect although PRETTY FAR FETCHED.

1. Firstly Itachi believed in Naruto...And hopes in Naruto's resort (Ninja Way)... This is about NOT GIVING UP on Sasuke. Itachi knows it's a dangerous resort since it places Naruto in a vulnerable spot because He will refrain from Killing Sasuke at all cost... For this, Itachi gave him this Power saying?
"I hope it wouldn't come to the point where Naruto would have to use it"

It is clear from someone "A" helping another "B" who doesn't want to kill, that "A" wouldn't give "B" a power to Kill, otherwise the whole reason, to believe in "B"s Method is Pointless. So the first thing we establish is
- ITACHI's Power Is Not To Kill Sasuke.
2. It would also be Pointless if Naruto Dies in the Process of saving Sasuke, so it is a possibility that Itachi Gives something to Protect Naruto. Hoping that Naruto wouldn't have to come to the Point where he needs this Power... The only Logical Point is DEATH...

Now we know that Naruto Is a Senju and Itach's Chakra within Naruto Is an Uchiha...It's only through this Combination that One is Able to Use a DEATH PREVENTION Jutsu - IZANAGI - The Greatest Genjutsu.

(Now i know that some people may have thought of this but this is a step Beyond...)

Itachi has demonstrated how he is able to seal Amaterasu in Sasuke so that it "SELF ACTIVATES" when it gazes over Madara's Sharingan...
Therefore it's a simple feat for Itachi to Seal a Self Activated Sharingan in Naruto...(SIMILAR to When Naruto Uses His Jutsu On Gamabunta's WILL to Transform into the 9-tail when He fought Gaara. So It is very possible to Fuse Chakra).
( Remember that Itachi's Crow Within Naruto Possess all the ABILITIES of Itachi except in limited strength and longevity, Even Itachi is able to use a crow/shadow clone to perform Tsukuyomi).

That being said, Itachi gave a power to Naruto so that when worst comes to worst when he fights sasuke, and He dies in the process, It'll self activate Izanagi to bring Naruto back...But HERE IS THE CATCH...

That Power Is Linked To Sasuke As Itachi Knows Sasuke Would Plant His Eyes, (That's Why He Revealed The EMS To Sasuke). Now, When Sasuke Should Kill Naruto, Izanagi Would Activate, Bringing Naruto Back Whilst Shutting CLOSE One Of Sasuke's Sharingan. (Because What Ever Happens To The Clone Happens To The Original). Now When This Happens, Sasuke Can No Longer Try To Kill Naruto Because His Eyes Would Suffer It. So in Effect, Itachi Planed All This And Thus Has Linked The Two With His Eyes.

I Believe This Is The Only Way That Sasuke Would Turn Around... Itachi Has Made Their Bond Even More Inter-Dependent.

This is Why I Think Itachi is the Most Genius Shinobi to Ever Exist, Perhaps next to Namikeze Minato.

Last edited by kalmeast; 02-17-2011 at 08:43 PM.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Itachi's Power to Naruto ANALYSED

That's very well thought out. Here's the thing. Naruto and Sasuke are equals. So if Naruto only survives his fight with Sasuke due to a sharingan technique used in his favor then that would mean that they are not equal. Actually if Naruto is only saved by the KG that is Sasuke's birth right (and also a distinguishing factor that sets the two of them apart) then that would mean that Naruto is quite inferior to Sasuke. A major part of the plot is that Naruto stays on par with Sasuke despite Sasuke being born of a genius family tree and possessing the most renowned Dojutsu in the story. I don't think what Itachi gave Naruto is a Sharingan technique. As I said in another thread....If it is the power of Sharingan then I'm done with this manga.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 02-17-2011 at 08:55 PM.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

maybe thats what the opposite to IZANAGI is IZANAMI (dont know the exact name) bringing some1 else back or keeping them alive but i agree with jester if naruto needs outside assistance to win against the little queer saskue then i an gunna be really pissed...as it stands naruto has only got 1 single weakness and that is genjutsu.....if you want my opinion on what i think it may be think back to when naruto said they were both gunna die hopefully they both do and this brings naruto back thus maintaining the power balance between the 2 and keeping the hero alive
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r View Post
That's very well thought out. Here's the thing. Naruto and Sasuke are equals. So if Naruto only survives his fight with Sasuke due to a sharingan technique used in his favor then that would mean that they are not equal. Actually if Naruto is only saved by the KG that is Sasuke's birth right (and also a distinguishing factor that sets the two of them apart) then that would mean that Naruto is quite inferior to Sasuke. A major part of the plot is that Naruto stays on par with Sasuke despite Sasuke being born of a genius family tree and possessing the most renowned Dojutsu in the story. I don't think what Itachi gave Naruto is a Sharingan technique. As I said in another thread....If it is the power of Sharingan then I'm done with this manga.
Haha...Look, I agree with you...at first i said "If this power has anything to do with Sharingan, I'd be disappointed". I dont like the idea...But, It's just one of the few promising thoughts considering we dont have that much info... But i see what u're saying - your statement about naruto seeming Inferior if he had Uchiha Kekke Genkai helping him.

... If Naruto Is determined not to kill sasuke, regardless of how stronger he may be, he'd always be vulnerable. Their equality depends on their entire encounter/combat rather than just the end result, dont you agree...it's more than just win/lose situation, knowing the deeper meaning of Naruto's resort...

"Stupid Hinata...Not a care in this world"
Neji Huuga
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

yea I see your point. Say Naruto falls due to his emotional weakness for Sasuke rather than a gap in their physical and/or spiritual power....I could live with that. Even in that case it would still be unforgivable of Kishi to bestow a Sharingan power to Naruto to bail him out from Sasuke. Even saying it feels like blasphemy. It would break the backbone of the plot for me. That doesn't mean Kishi won't do it tho. He has let me down before.
^red.
You may want to respell that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
Uchiha Raimaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!Uchiha Raimaru has completed a tough C-rank mission!

• Itachi wouldn't do something that would make Sasuke's eyes unusable
  • I agree that it's not something to kill Sasuke
  • Jester mentioned that Naruto only surviving because of Itachi's gift makes them unequal, which kills the whole theme of the story.

So my theory is that Itachi's gift is very similar to Minato's seal in that when they fight, they might both be near death, and when they use their last technique, Itachi appears to Sasuke through Naruto and changes Sasuke's mind on everything.

Uchiha Raimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I don't believe his gift is going to have anything to do with Sasuke, it likely has something to do with Madara. He gave Madara false hope by thinking Itachi only implanted something into Sasuke. SO when the gift from Naruto kicks in Madara will be thrown off guard. Furthermore I believe the gift is to control or take control of the Kyuubi from Madara, should the time for that come.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

As much as we would like to think. It won't be for Sasuke or have anything to do with him. Even kishi won't have SOMETHING that predicable. Though we never know.

zerosameri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
Poodle
Chunin Exam Participant

Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Raimaru View Post
  • Itachi wouldn't do something that would make Sasuke's eyes unusable
  • I agree that it's not something to kill Sasuke
  • Jester mentioned that Naruto only surviving because of Itachi's gift makes them unequal, which kills the whole theme of the story.

So my theory is that Itachi's gift is very similar to Minato's seal in that when they fight, they might both be near death, and when they use their last technique, Itachi appears to Sasuke through Naruto and changes Sasuke's mind on everything.

I agree with this. I think he gave Naruto a part of his essence like Minato and Narutos mom did where they came back and helped Naruto vs his jinchuriki. Altho it might be too obvious a answer and it could be anything knowing Itachi's mystique of abilities. I highly doubt its a sharingan though and i don't think Naruto will ever get one considering Naruto keeps improving through other means where it seems the sharingan style of abilities are matched to battle someone like Naruto with a jinchuriki in them. It would just be too redundant imo for that to happen and he couldn't be as tit for tat creative if they both had sharingan tehcniques.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Shadowterra
Academy Graduate

Shadowterra is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

one thing i don't get,due to kabuto reviving itachi and sasuke having his eyes would't that make itachi eye-less? and the power that naruto got would be like a vision that sasuke could see.im sayin that if naruto was on the edge about to fall due to his emotions then itachis "vision/genjutsu" would deactivate sasuke's MS for a little while giving naruto a fair fight.
Shadowterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Gouldy17
Genin Elite

Gouldy17 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowterra View Post
one thing i don't get,due to kabuto reviving itachi and sasuke having his eyes would't that make itachi eye-less? and the power that naruto got would be like a vision that sasuke could see.im sayin that if naruto was on the edge about to fall due to his emotions then itachis "vision/genjutsu" would deactivate sasuke's MS for a little while giving naruto a fair fight.
itachi only lost his eyes after he died so he will still have them when he is resurrected did you forget that they use sum1 elses body and only DNA from the person they intend to revive....everything and i mean everything is brought back if the person had it when they died...that is my understanding
United's flag is deepest red, It shrouded all our Munich dead, Before their limbs grew stiff and cold, Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold. Then raise United's banner high, Beneath it's shade we'll live and die, So keep the faith and never fear, We'll keep the Red Flag flying here. We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll never die, we'll never die, We'll keep the Red flag flying high, 'Cos Man United will never die
Gouldy17 is offline   Reply With Quote