Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: Winner?
Shikamaru 8 50.00%
Shino 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Kakashi71
Chunin Exam Participant

Kakashi71 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Shikamaru VS Shino

Shikamaru VS Shino

Bloodlust
Start From: 50 Meters
Weather: Normal
Time: Noon

I HAVE A CHIBI ZABUZA AND CHIBI AKAMARU!

One of the best threads ever:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZABUZA'S SIGNATURE
I AM ZABUZA!!! HEAR ME RAWRZ!

I don't like akamaru :/ Kakashi71 is my master...

AKAMARU'S SIGNATURE
ruff?...Zabuza..equalz...meanie...n...destroy..hat e..
Kakashi71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Slack 40 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to Slack 40
Default Re: Shikamaru VS Shino

alright I'll go for shino on this one

As we've seen Shikamaru is very intellegent but shino is pretty smart to. At 50 meters i don't think shikamaru could get a shadow on him before he releases his bugs. Shino is better at fighting from a distance and shikamaru is more of a close range fighter which gives shino the advantage here and at this distance. Shino could make a large swarm and sneak some around the back. He can try to get shikamaru in the bug globe and constantly keep shikamaru moving so he can't capture him in his shadow. while shika is busy with them Shino can bring his bugs up from behind and capture shika sucking out his chakra resulting in the end of the match

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swinging a sword at a hot pirate's basically first base
Slack 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Shino has a massive advantage here with his Bugs cause I doubt Shikamaru can shadow Possess Thousands if not Millions of Bugs.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Shikamaru has no counter for bug globe.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Shinos limited to the bugs he can control though =/

Besides, if they're travelling in a large bunch they're going to leave a shadow on the ground. Couldn't Shikamaru take control of them?
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Tsunade View Post

Besides, if they're travelling in a large bunch they're going to leave a shadow on the ground. Couldn't Shikamaru take control of them?
I'd like to see him control millions of them, while Shino's also attacking.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

The biggest amount of bugs Shino has ever controlled at one time is when he used Bug Globe, his strongest technique. There were a lot of bugs but once they close in on Shikamaru they should be easier to catch. Shikamaru was able to catch about a dozen Sound ninja at once using his Shadow possession during the Sound and Sand Invasion , iirc. He was able to hold all of them for some time despite already using up all his energy fighting Temari and then moving through the forest for a long time. And this was in Part I =/

Shino sucks at fighting without the use of his bugs. If Shikamaru gains control of them he can suffocate Shino with them. It'd be match over =/ I know if the bugs spread out and flew high in the air they wouldn't leave a shadow. But considering Shino usually has his bugs fly fairly low to the ground, and travel in packs together. I think catching them with Shadow Posession should be very doable.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #8
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
The biggest amount of bugs Shino has ever controlled at one time is when he used Bug Globe, his strongest technique. There were a lot of bugs but once they close in on Shikamaru they should be easier to catch. Shikamaru was able to catch about a dozen Sound ninja at once using his Shadow possession during the Sound and Sand Invasion , iirc. He was able to hold all of them for some time despite already using up all his energy fighting Temari and then moving through the forest for a long time. And this was in Part I =/

Shino sucks at fighting without the use of his bugs. If Shikamaru gains control of them he can suffocate Shino with them. It'd be match over =/ I know if the bugs spread out and flew high in the air they wouldn't leave a shadow. But considering Shino usually has his bugs fly fairly low to the ground, and travel in packs together. I think catching them with Shadow Posession should be very doable.
How his control jumps from 12 to 12,000 is beyond my understanding.

Not if they surround him all at once, which is what they will do for Bug Globe.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

He's able to cast that many shadows at once? Bug globe has billions of bugs, Shikamaru can maybe produce 50 shadow threads.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
Devil's Lawyer
Banned

Devil's Lawyer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

What about the Kunai trap Shikamaru used on hidan?Without any Knowledge Shino would be caught instantly. Hidan had vastly superior reactions to Shino. I am pretty sure Shino wouldn't be able to avoid it.
Devil's Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Lawyer View Post
What about the Kunai trap Shikamaru used on hidan?Without any Knowledge Shino would be caught instantly. Hidan had vastly superior reactions to Shino. I am pretty sure Shino wouldn't be able to avoid it.
You mean the trench knife thing? That won't stop the bugs.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #12
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Lawyer View Post
Trench Knives?

Where does he get the prep to set that up? He had days thinking up a plan.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
Devil's Lawyer
Banned

Devil's Lawyer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Trench Knives?

Where does he get the prep to set that up? He had days thinking up a plan.
Who is to say that Asuma Knives aren't standard tech for him now? We haven't really seen him fight since then.
Devil's Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

We haven't really seen him fight since then, so we wouldn't really know, now would we?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Its not about how many its about the size of the shadow he has to cast. The bigger the shadow and longer he uses it the more chakra he has to use. I could understand like 12,000 humans but not bugs. They're tiny. Even when in groups, I have no doubt Shikamaru could catch them.

The bugs would have to travel 50 metres first to surround him. Also, if they surround him there are loooads of shadows in a space of about 1-5 metres. Shikamarus shadow posession if very fast, even if he doesn't catch all of them for some reason, he can catch enough of them to make their chakra sucking jutsu have minimal effects.

Also note he can could use the many shadows of the bugs to increase the distance of his shadow possession, and potentially catch Shino. Also, considering its noon. Theres bound to be shadows in the surrounding area already. Shikamaru can use those to further the range of his jutsu. The bugs aren't really fast tbh. No faster than the average ninja at least. Shikamaru dodged attacks from Kakuzus masks did he not? A shunshin could flicker himself from the bugs location =/

Last edited by Lady Tsunade; 02-17-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

I think the only one he truly dodged was the fire blast, which everyone else avoided. He can't control the bugs when they're buzzing all around him.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #17
Lady Tsunade
Old.

No, didn't he side step some of the electric blasts? Hold on, I'll try find the chapter
Old 02-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kakashi had to save his ass with Double Raikiri.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #19
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Well wait...
Shino's bugs have eaten chakra chords...
Why can't they eat shadows that also use chakra to attach themselves to the bugs?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #20
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama

Touche Frosty.

Kazumi Saitama is offline   Reply With Quote