Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Resident Evil 4 vs. Dead Space 2

Two horror shooters, both highly acclaimed critically and commercially. Which is the better?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Resident Evil 4 vs. Dead Space 2

is Dead space 2 even out ? if not then i say RE4 its a cult classic for me that i cant help but go back and play

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Nationally, midnight. However, critics have already awarded high scores, and massive pre-orders have been given.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I honestly got the last preorder yesterday a my local gamestop for Dead space.

Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
ban_shi
Chunin Exam Participant

ban_shi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

RE series r some of my all time favs. i dont think anything can replace it in its genre
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Well this just in. According to IGn.com. Dead Space 2 is "Survival horror has a new gold standard" According to the article and other places its been getting 9.0 on rateings and reviews

Old 01-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
Two horror shooters, both highly acclaimed critically and commercially. Which is the better?
Can't really be compared, they are in two different genres. RE4 barely skims along at the very edge of the survival horror genre, Dead space isn't even survival horror. I would stress to say it's even horror, but I'll give it that one. Dead Space is an action horror game, I stress to even say RE4 is survival horror, but to the normal skill level crowd it is, so I'll let it barely pass. Amnesia: The Dark Descent however is a survival horror game.

But if they were the same, it would come down to gameplay or originality. Dead Space is newer, so it's natural for it's gameplay to be improved over RE4, however all of it's gameplay is in no way original. Of the two, I am going with RE4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Well this just in. According to IGn.com. Dead Space 2 is "Survival horror has a new gold standard" According to the article and other places its been getting 9.0 on rateings and reviews
The fact they call it survival horror has reminded me why I dislike major reviewers. The survival horror gold standard is currently in the hands of the people behind Penumbra, and Amnesia. And I'll throw in Silent hill 2 too.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Can't really be compared, they are in two different genres. RE4 barely skims along at the very edge of the survival horror genre, Dead space isn't even survival horror. I would stress to say it's even horror, but I'll give it that one. Dead Space is an action horror game, I stress to even say RE4 is survival horror, but to the normal skill level crowd it is, so I'll let it barely pass. Amnesia: The Dark Descent however is a survival horror game.

But if they were the same, it would come down to gameplay or originality. Dead Space is newer, so it's natural for it's gameplay to be improved over RE4, however all of it's gameplay is in no way original. Of the two, I am going with RE4.

The fact they call it survival horror has reminded me why I dislike major reviewers. The survival horror gold standard is currently in the hands of the people behind Penumbra, and Amnesia. And I'll throw in Silent hill 2 too.
I didn't say survival horror. I said horror shooter. Thanks for the input anyways.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
SixPathsofPainDeva
Special Jonin Candidate

SixPathsofPainDeva is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SixPathsofPainDeva is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SixPathsofPainDeva is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to SixPathsofPainDeva

Resident Evil 4 all day every day.

~*Dance me to the line of insanity
Bring me to the edge of reason
Push me under waves of uncertainy and bury me in passion
Suffocate me in chaos
Dress me in madness
Light me in the flames of trouble
and dine with me in irrelevance,
Kiss me in fear and hug me in fright,
Laugh with me when death comes demanding our lives*~
SixPathsofPainDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
I didn't say survival horror. I said horror shooter. Thanks for the input anyways.
And I didn't say you did. That's the genre that are categorized in despite one of them not deserving the title of being in it.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Awards Showcase

*just played it jumped 4 times in first chapter* Pretty scary but awesome game

Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

got DS2 yesterday (collector's edition is kinda a rip-off, but at least I get the Zealot armor ) though I can't play it yet until I beat Dead Space 1 and Ignition T_T
but going from Dead Space 1 and RE4, I didn't care a whole lot for 4, I kinda liked 5, but even at that, they're not really zombies anymore, just mutations really
Dead Space is pretty fun though, and you have to be either a really good shooter, or a good conserver of ammo/health, or you're dead
I think I'm gonna go with Dead Space
sorry Leon :/
and @ Vorn, actually, I think it's switched around, because Leon isn't really surviving the events where as in Dead Space, (at least 1, not sure about 2) you are trying to survive and get off the ship

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post
and @ Vorn, actually, I think it's switched around, because Leon isn't really surviving the events where as in Dead Space, (at least 1, not sure about 2) you are trying to survive and get off the ship
The story doesn't effect the genre type, the gameplay does. RE4 is more about survival because they handicap you with less resources. I never had this problem in Dead Space. Survival horror means you, the player, are handicapped with resources forcing you to "survive" in a situation that requires more than you have. Games like Dead Space and RE5 do not fall into this category because they give you too much to handle the situation.

That or I've become so good at games that the survival aspect has ceased to exist for me. I like to think that isn't the case however.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Awards Showcase

maybe its because ur good at those games and learn from past experiences to save ur health etc

Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
The story doesn't effect the genre type, the gameplay does. RE4 is more about survival because they handicap you with less resources. I never had this problem in Dead Space. Survival horror means you, the player, are handicapped with resources forcing you to "survive" in a situation that requires more than you have. Games like Dead Space and RE5 do not fall into this category because they give you too much to handle the situation.

That or I've become so good at games that the survival aspect has ceased to exist for me. I like to think that isn't the case however.
well, it's actually a little difficult to get resources you need for Dead Space (not sure about RE5, cause I didn't play it for that long)
plus it depends on your difficulty you choose, I'm sure you get more resources for having like a easy difficulty over a medium difficulty

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #16
Rotate
Special Jonin Candidate

Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I played the demo for Dead Space 2 and I liked it more than resident evil

Rotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
maybe its because ur good at those games and learn from past experiences to save ur health etc
Possibly, I like to tend to the modest side and think they just suck at making the survival aspect. I am a crack shot for heads though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post
well, it's actually a little difficult to get resources you need for Dead Space (not sure about RE5, cause I didn't play it for that long)
plus it depends on your difficulty you choose, I'm sure you get more resources for having like a easy difficulty over a medium difficulty
Suppose it depends on the person, I never had a problem getting resources in Dead Space. I didn't have much trouble in RE4 either but I still noticed that game had less resources overall than the others. I never play games on easy either.

No one is going to tell me RE5 was survival in any way though. That game threw so much ammo and health at me I was dumping crap in my inventory constantly and shooting the walls to make room for more important things. Even the director of the first 4 games was disgusted by the plethora of items it gave you. So much so that he quit his job, among other reasons.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

I found that other than the Mercenaries, R5 and R4 was a tad too on the easy side. For example, you have a rocket launcher or the Chicago Typewriter, both with infinite ammo. Mercenaries took that away, and really focused more on the survival horror part.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #19
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Quote:
I found that other than the Mercenaries, R5 and R4 was a tad too on the easy side. For example, you have a rocket launcher or the Chicago Typewriter, both with infinite ammo. Mercenaries took that away, and really focused more on the survival horror part.
But you have to unlock those, they don't really count as a flaw in my opinion. Not that I don't agree, I found both of them easy (5 being a joke).

I always thought the pistols in RE4-5 were too powerful, they were my main weapon even though I had insane amounts of ammo for the stronger weapons, I have a habit of stockpiling resources "just incase" but end up never needing them because I do well enough with the basic weapons. Gotta aim for them heads, makes that ammo go a long ways.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #20
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Actually, you can buy the rocket launcher. The typewriter is after you start a New Game plus.

I liked R4 for the headshots, because there was a drawback for them later on. You explode a head, a BOW slicing thingymajig comes up to return the favor. And oh yeah, the explosions of blood.