Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default LOTR: Faramir vs Filmamir Paper

A compare and contrast paper I wrote for a college english class
http://mrsticky005.deviantart.com/ar...aper-193531377

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: LOTR: Faramir vs Filmamir Paper

Pretty awesome Sticky. I am still pissed the armies across the land did not come to the gates of Gondor. What kind of kingdom does have vassals?

Also, I found a small mistake. xD

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Pretty awesome Sticky. I am still pissed the armies across the land did not come to the gates of Gondor. What kind of kingdom does have vassals?

Also, I found a small mistake. xD
A mistake? Well I'm not perfect...just the next best thing.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Danzo?

Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Danzo?
correct

By the way, I got a bad grade on this paper.

...At least in my case.

Last edited by mrsticky005; 01-15-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Wait, how?

Didn't follow instructions or something?

Old 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Wait, how?

Didn't follow instructions or something?
I dunno but I suspect it has something to do with my teacher
being obsessed with LOTR and like many other fans she's
partial to the books. But I'm sure deep down in her heart she knows..

I'M RIGHT!

...At least in my case.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #8
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

But it's Faramir, who cares? The books are vastly superior; I want my assembling army back. D:

Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
But it's Faramir, who cares? The books are vastly superior; I want my assembling army back. D:
Apparently she did.

Meh, I like both about the same.
At least the movies didn't have Tom Bombadil. He was annoying.

Most of what I found disappointing in the movies was that the Hobbits
did not have their own little mini war and be like mini warriors.
Instead Frodo and Friends are just as lame and as vertical challenged as ever.

If I was Peter Jackson I would have Faramir kill Frodo and claim
the ring and use it's power to lead Gondor to victory.
But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
we have to resort to hope and trust and all that crap. Ugh.

By the way...

STUPID DEUS EX MACHINA BIRDS WHERE WERE YOU 3000 CHAPTERS AGO!?

...At least in my case.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Apparently she did.

Meh, I like both about the same.
At least the movies didn't have Tom Bombadil. He was annoying.

Most of what I found disappointing in the movies was that the Hobbits
did not have their own little mini war and be like mini warriors.
Instead Frodo and Friends are just as lame and as vertical challenged as ever.

If I was Peter Jackson I would have Faramir kill Frodo and claim
the ring and use it's power to lead Gondor to victory.
But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
we have to resort to hope and trust and all that crap. Ugh.

By the way...

STUPID DEUS EX MACHINA BIRDS WHERE WERE YOU 3000 CHAPTERS AGO!?
I see

Eh, Hobbits suck, but they should have been enslaved by Saruman still.
Yeah Tom is was just fluff no need for him.

Nah, Boromir should have killed Frodo and took the ring. Boromir is better than Faramir remember.
Gondor then smach the Suron because they are too cool to be controlled. THE END.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I see

Eh, Hobbits suck, but they should have been enslaved by Saruman still.
Yeah Tom is was just fluff no need for him.

Nah, Boromir should have killed Frodo and took the ring. Boromir is better than Faramir remember.
Gondor then smach the Suron because they are too cool to be controlled. THE END.

I liked the ending with Wormtongue betraying Saruman.
But I think he should have then gone on a hobbit eating frenzy.

How about a Boromir/Faramir Duo? Everyone loves Duos. EVERYONE!!

Exactly. Gondor wins because sooner or later...

THE STUPID DEUS EX MACHINA BIRDS WILL SAVE THE DAY ANYHOW!

...At least in my case.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I liked the ending with Wormtongue betraying Saruman.
But I think he should have then gone on a hobbit eating frenzy.

How about a Boromir/Faramir Duo? Everyone loves Duos. EVERYONE!!

Exactly. Gondor wins because sooner or later...

THE STUPID DEUS EX MACHINA BIRDS WILL SAVE THE DAY ANYHOW!
I wish Saruman was cooler at the end. How the mighty have fallen. ;~;

Of course, but what about trios! Trio trio trio!

Hey don't blame the birds; they got lost in the Hobbit. They took a wronf turn at Albuquerque, I think. It took them a while to find Frodo and help him out. Otherwise the would have flew him straight there...if he had enough bird seed.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I wish Saruman was cooler at the end. How the mighty have fallen. ;~;

Of course, but what about trios! Trio trio trio!

Hey don't blame the birds; they got lost in the Hobbit. They took a wronf turn at Albuquerque, I think. It took them a while to find Frodo and help him out. Otherwise the would have flew him straight there...if he had enough bird seed.
Saruman Theory in link below (not by me.)

http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/gandolt.htm

Trios are good too. I suppose Aragorn would be number 3.
It can't be Denethor (at least not permanently) cause he has to go mad.

Hmm in that case...STUPID HOBBITS RUIN EVERYTHING!

...At least in my case.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #14
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

http://www.cas.unt.edu/~hargrove/bombadil.html

I'll say this though, I agree about Faramir of the Motion Pictures being a more satisfying portrayal of the character. I don't get the feeling that characters were Tolkien's focus in most of his works, just random individuals (mostly) tasked with forwarding the plot in whatever manner gets him to meet his word count. A bit harsh I suppose, but most summarized (lazy) critiques are. Mine being lazy, not yours, of course.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Saruman Theory in link below (not by me.)

http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/gandolt.htm

Trios are good too. I suppose Aragorn would be number 3.
It can't be Denethor (at least not permanently) cause he has to go mad.

Hmm in that case...STUPID HOBBITS RUIN EVERYTHING!
That is still:
Roberto approved!

Why not Saruman himself?

They do. Just whitewashed gnomes is what they are.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
http://www.cas.unt.edu/~hargrove/bombadil.html

I'll say this though, I agree about Faramir of the Motion Pictures being a more satisfying portrayal of the character. I don't get the feeling that characters were Tolkien's focus in most of his works, just random individuals (mostly) tasked with forwarding the plot in whatever manner gets him to meet his word count. A bit harsh I suppose, but most summarized (lazy) critiques are. Mine being lazy, not yours, of course.
That's way too much info on a character I despise.

If Faramir acted like he did in the books with Frodo acting differently
it would have made him look a gullible fool. Also I saw him as being
Boromir 2: Boromir's Redemption (which is probably why he's not
clean shaven with black hair---to match Boromir's appearance.)

I think this one article stated it best. Tolkien is more concerned
with creating his Middle Earth world then telling a story.

Quote:
That is still:
Roberto approved!

Why not Saruman himself?

They do. Just whitewashed gnomes is what they are.
Of course it is.

Nah, Saruman is like Charlie and they're his angels...'cept dudes.

For sure.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #17
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Of course it is.

For sure.
I think Johan would have made a great Boromir.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I think Johan would have made a great Boromir.

I wonder if the ring would do much of anything to Johan or if he be like...

This is a bit gaudy. BANG BANG BANG BANG Hobbits are dead.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up Re: LOTR: Faramir vs Filmamir Paper

Quote:

Of course it is.

For sure.

Agreed, but it could be worse. Wuthering Heights worse. Or anything Emily Bronte-ish. That's my Hallmark of Failure for written works. You can't even laugh at it.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #20
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegah! View Post
Agreed, but it could be worse. Wuthering Heights worse. Or anything Emily Bronte-ish. That's my Hallmark of Failure for written works. You can't even laugh at it.

Thankfully I have had the pleasure of not reading those.

...At least in my case.