Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Kiba_Inuzuka
Special Jonin Candidate

Kiba_Inuzuka is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Exorcism? Real or Fake

Do you believe in exorcisms? Do they actually work and do you think that demonic spirits possess people?

Your opinion?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiba_Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
UnDeAd Hikari
Special Jonin Candidate

UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.UnDeAd Hikari has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to UnDeAd Hikari
Default Re: Exorcism? Real or Fake

I haunted a person...then a priest came...I ate him...then I left
These Idiots need protection...
I'm brutal, I lack scruples, so any defense is actually futile...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UnDeAd Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
Chunin Exam Proctor

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Yahoo to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Skype™ to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeAd Hikari View Post
I haunted a person...then a priest came...I ate him...then I left
O....k.

I believe in exorcism. Why fake that.

Spoiler:

18-0

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Fake.

Silly people, doing silly rituals.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Kiba_Inuzuka
Special Jonin Candidate

When I was 7 my house was actually haunted. The baby monitor in my brothers room had weird noises. My parent used to go to his room and find his toys laying all over his floor after they put them away and he was asleep in his crib. (He was 1)

This is the earliest memory I have:
I remember having to go to the bathroom very late at night. My parents hadn't told me about what was going on at night. He had a toy train that was his favorite toy, and I remember after I went to the bathroom I heard his toy train in his room (It had a bell on it) I opened the door and his toy was circling around his room ringing without anyone pushing it. I screamed and ran to my parents room. They came and saw it and in the morning they called our local Priest (We're catholic), and he performed a exorcism and there was never a problem again.

So I believe in exorcism.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba_Inuzuka View Post
When I was 7 my house was actually haunted. The baby monitor in my brothers room had weird noises. My parent used to go to his room and find his toys laying all over his floor after they put them away and he was asleep in his crib. (He was 1)

I remember having to go to the bathroom very late at night. My parents hadn't told me about what was going on at night. He had a toy train that was his favorite toy, and I remember after I went to the bathroom I heard his toy train in his room (It had a bell on it) I opened the door and his toy was circling around his room ringing without anyone pushing it. I screamed and ran to my parents room. They came and saw it and in the morning they called our local Priest (We're catholic), and he performed a exorcism and there was never a problem again.

Pics, or it didn't happen.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Kiba_Inuzuka
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackFat View Post
Pics, or it didn't happen.
Yeah dude taking pictures are the last thing on our mind when our house was haunted. And I think my parents took some pictures of the toys on the ground, but even if I found them I wouldn't know how to get them on the computer. They were taken 7 years ago. No memory cards to upload them.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
CrackFat
Jacqass

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah dude taking pictures are the last thing on our mind when our house was haunted. And I think my parents took some pictures of the toys on the ground, but even if I found them I wouldn't know how to get them on the computer. They were taken 7 years ago. No memory cards to upload them.
Where there is a will, there is a way.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I have never experienced, nor heard a reliable or testable story of an exorcism. I think exorcisms are a gigantic load of B.S. I do not believe in exorcisms.

Quote:

Once, I turned into a purple pirate and fought the Dove soap wizard to become the great king over all of BoingBoing land.

Internet stories: they convince me not.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Out of curiosity, how can you not believe in them? When the Vatican now actually has a class that priests have to take to perform one. They announced that in the press, a couple of years ago...It's serious when the Vatican gets involved..

Rest in Peace...My Beloved Cat..I will always miss you. 7/9/2012

Second Place in the 2011 Greatest Naruto Character Ever Contest

Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
sasuke96
Freshmen Academy Student

sasuke96 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Anything is possible so it could be real
sasuke96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via MSN to Danielle Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle

Exorcisms work for the people who need them. If you believe in possession and you believe in your faith than sure, it's possible. But I am Catholic, so there you go. =D (believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see.)

Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The impossible happens everyday. The odds against me writing this sentence at this time and place, and each of you reading it when you do are, to put it mildly, astronomical. There is no law of physics that requires everything in reality to be testable, repeatable, or universally observable. Your belief or disbelief has no power over the history of phenomena. Evidence doesn't create reality, it just confirms it. Don't get it twisted.

Having said that, I believe most cases of possession are just mental disorders, and the rest are misinterpretations of phenomena. I don't believe people have been possessed since the Crucifixion.

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Do you believe in exorcisms? Do they actually work and do you think that demonic spirits possess people?

Your opinion?
Most people don't actually know until they have either experienced it themselves or have witnessed someone close experience it.

Let's say that you experienced it or witnessed it happen to someone else, you would most likely believe in it due to being present there and watching or experiencing it.

if you have only seen it on t.v, you might think that people pay them to act that way or they are just doing it to earn money.

I think it would mostly depend on your background information about it.

As for me, I do believe in it although I have never witnessed it or experienced it.

kakashi uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #15
DeemonFox
Genin

DeemonFox is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki View Post
Most people don't actually know until they have either experienced it themselves or have witnessed someone close experience it.

Let's say that you experienced it or witnessed it happen to someone else, you would most likely believe in it due to being present there and watching or experiencing it.
I would not believe it even if I did witnessed something that others around me were calling demonic possession. Anyone who claims to have an ability to sense/communicate with spirits is full of it.
DeemonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #16
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Eh, I want to say yes. But it depends what Exorcism you talking about.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #17
The Shady Ninja
Milk Disciple

The Shady Ninja has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Shady Ninja has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Shady Ninja has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I do believe in them, but they are probably very exaggerated, like in the movies.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
The impossible happens everyday. The odds against me writing this sentence at this time and place, and each of you reading it when you do are, to put it mildly, astronomical. There is no law of physics that requires everything in reality to be testable, repeatable, or universally observable. Your belief or disbelief has no power over the history of phenomena. Evidence doesn't create reality, it just confirms it. Don't get it twisted.

Having said that, I believe most cases of possession are just mental disorders, and the rest are misinterpretations of phenomena. I don't believe people have been possessed since the Crucifixion.

That brings up an important question...
Are post crucifix exorcisms even compatible with the Christian faith?
They seem to suggest that the crucifixation wasn't enough which
seems contrary to Christianity which is dependent on the cross.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
Shikamaru Nara

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I've learned to believe nothing that has a movie.
Nah man I'm 15, so this was my freshman year of high school.
Guess not everyone knows yet. I kept my real age a secret since I joined when I was like ten. Needed that #ForumCred.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #20
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal

I swear my house is haunted

I keep seeing a black figure wandering around my house and inside
and this may sound a little weird but I think he uses my bathroom >.>

Azal is offline   Reply With Quote