Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #21
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default Re: Sannin Forum Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuya View Post
So even though the new rules say that cursing is one of the things we can't do, we can use it as long as it isn't used to flame someone or isn't one of the words you listed?
Yes. Of course, there are other times you can't use it too. Such as sexual ways.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #22
takuya
Special Jonin Candidate

takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via AIM to takuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Yes. Of course, there are other times you can't use it too. Such as sexual ways.
Yeah, well it's kind of contradicting. The rules say no cussing, but a mod says we can. That is pretty much obvious. For example, if we used it in the BN system or OWS like we cuss out our opponent as part of our post, would it be considered as flame or inappropiate? Is it also allowed in fanfics?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #23
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

So, like, can I grind coffee beans, but not Muffintop? ;-;

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #24
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I would say you can use it in those cases.

YouTube:
src="
Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #25
Hando Craap
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Village Hidden Under the Pebble (it's a small village)
Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Hando Craap strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I would have liked seeing a little more detail on cursing. I know we allow it in situations.
I also would like a more tightened ship with profanities.Here is a list of words and phrases to change to...

Fraking
cotton picking
gosh darn
dawg gone
craap
holey craap
holymothermonkeyhumpers
frog fritters
farfenoogen
and gee whiz

Thanks for considering...Hando

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
There is no Force,there is only Giggity-Goo

Mah Drinking Buddy ~ Raspy
Hando Craap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #26
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Those words are all fine.

As for tightening the ships, the profanity rules right now are good as they are.

YouTube:
src="
Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #27
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

I just read the rules and they seemed a bit too simplified. I'm worried that when you try and enforce some of them people may argue since it will be known that in some areas their will be a little wiggle room. I know I'm still a little greenhorn here, but here's my two cents.
Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #28
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
The forum rules have been reworded into what we hope is a more straightforward and easy-to-read format, go check them out by clicking the 'Forum Rules' link at the top of this thread. Please give us your feedback on them.
I don't see the 'Forum Rules' link anywhere. I feel I'm missing something...

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #29
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
I don't see the 'Forum Rules' link anywhere. I feel I'm missing something...
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #30
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Ah. I was being too literal, 'cause you said "at the top of this thread" rather than page.

/puts on dunce cap

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #31
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

I thought about saying 'page' but figured that people would look at the very top, 'thread' sounded better in the most literal sense. I didn't mean to confuse though.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #32
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I actually like the Irony of the Nine Tailed rules rather then a three sanin rules

which might i add doesnt even seem much like three

but i do like how its shorter, maybe alittle too shorter

tho considering how much people don't read them anyways
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #33
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
I thought about saying 'page' but figured that people would look at the very top, 'thread' sounded better in the most literal sense. I didn't mean to confuse though.
S'okay. I laughed at myself for scrubbing your post for a link, and not even looking at the top of the page. Except for "User CP" and "Search," I tend to ignore that bit...

Anyway, I thought it was good enough mostly. Although, like others, I think its simplicity leads to a lack of clarity at points. For instance, if I write a ninja battle in a fanfic post, what would be the limit before I reached "graphic violence"? Normally gratuitous violence is easy to avoid, but graphic is a bit more subjective (and seems to change with time, at least in Hollywood).

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #34
Anru Uzumaki
The Worlds Strongest

Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default New Viz Forum Rules?

Quote:
Forum Rules Sannin Forum Rules Welcome to the Naruto.com discussion forum, ninja. As you venture forth into the brave world of online discussion, please follow the rules below. We wouldn't want to take away your headband for breaking the law!

Sannin Forum Rules

1. Be Civil

- Keep discussions civil and respectful. Debate is good, flaming and harrasment are not.

- No inappropriate material. Cursing, boobs, and graphic violence aren't ok.

- Don't scam accounts, or let yours be scammed. If it happens, please contact an administrator immediately.

- Don't spam. No advertising in signatures, posts and links. Just going to say 'hi'? Please do so in Off-Topic.

2. Be Social

- Stay on topic. If you think you're going to vear off topic, make a new topic.

- Never hesitate to send feedback, suggestions or questions our way using the Leaf Police Force HQ. If all else fails or it's private, contact an administrator.

3. Be Ninja

- Keep the storyline unspoiled. Be them anime, manga or videogame. If you do intend on using spoilers, use the spoiler tags.

- No fanart, fanfiction, fansubs, or scanlations that make use of official characters or storylines owned by us (Viz Media).

Rule Breaking

Seriously, don't do it and you will have nothing to worry about.

For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!
did I overead someting where is the you're not allowed to post viz anime images/linkz where did that rule go?

Last edited by Anru Uzumaki; 12-14-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Anru Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #35
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: New Viz Forum Rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto117 View Post
did I overead someting where is the you're not allowed to post viz anime images/linkz where did that rule go?
Quote:
3. Be Ninja

- Keep the storyline unspoiled. Be them anime, manga or videogame. If you do intend on using spoilers, use the spoiler tags.

- No fanart, fanfiction, fansubs, or scanlations that make use of official characters or storylines owned by us (Viz Media).
Look harder.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #36
Anru Uzumaki
The Worlds Strongest

Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

ooh okey thanks Ashen.

Anru Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #37
EvL j3st3r
Chunin Exam Proctor

EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.EvL j3st3r is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuya View Post
So even though the new rules say that cursing is one of the things we can't do, we can use it as long as it isn't used to flame someone or isn't one of the words you listed?
Where are there certain words listed? I too would appreciate some elaboration on this subject. For that matter.....Why is the cursing part so important to all of us. Do we want to type curse words that badly?..........yes....yes I do.

That being said, I do like the "re-worded" version of the rules. I think ppl will take them in and remember better for not being bogged down by all the details. They can learn the details as they go (referring to myself too since I'm sure I have more details to learn as well).
^red.
You may want to respell that.

Sorry Kalmeast...........it's just too funny to let die.

Last edited by EvL j3st3r; 12-14-2010 at 04:41 PM.
EvL j3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
S'okay. I laughed at myself for scrubbing your post for a link, and not even looking at the top of the page. Except for "User CP" and "Search," I tend to ignore that bit...

Anyway, I thought it was good enough mostly. Although, like others, I think its simplicity leads to a lack of clarity at points. For instance, if I write a ninja battle in a fanfic post, what would be the limit before I reached "graphic violence"? Normally gratuitous violence is easy to avoid, but graphic is a bit more subjective (and seems to change with time, at least in Hollywood).

I have one question, based on this statement. What is considered too far? You mentioned earlier sex in particular. I've actually been in threads where they talk about rape or rapes enter name of character here. Is that just a hit the triangle thing or is it considered acceptible? I, myself find it offensive. Fun is fun, but that is going to far.
Sheelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #39
Sina
Sick Wolf *cough*
Chunin

Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sina has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to Sina

last time I read it,it was detailed ...

but now it's shorter and better

(adopted by ~*~angel~*~ arms)

Spoiler:

Possible
Spoiler:

Sina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #40
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheelah View Post
I have one question, based on this statement. What is considered too far? You mentioned earlier sex in particular. I've actually been in threads where they talk about rape or rapes enter name of character here. Is that just a hit the triangle thing or is it considered acceptible? I, myself find it offensive. Fun is fun, but that is going to far.
Depends for me.

I won't usually do anything about the word "rape" itself. Frown upon it. But unless it's used excessively, or the event is described in some way, I don't do anything.

That said, in fanfics, I would say I don't even frown upon the word use, and am just indifferent.

YouTube:
src="