Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Slack 40 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to Slack 40
Default History Rewritten: Venice

Ever wondered what history could have become? Well here's a story i'm working on following the (fake) History of Venice.

Starting around the year 1050.

Part One

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swinging a sword at a hot pirate's basically first base

Last edited by Slack 40; 03-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Slack 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Default Re: History Rewritten: Venice

Part 1: Early Years
Chapter 1: The beginning

An account from Captain Ermolao year 1113 AD Venice Region

"With the Byzantine Venetian war continuing in the east, very few soldiers are kept in the Eastern provinces. However rebel attacks are always a constant threat. This is why I have been ordered to ride out from our capital of Venice and deal with rebel attacks on one of the regions main roads. The rebels have been attacking traders and travelers, interrupting the city's income. I lead a force of 200 Italian spearmen and 60 archers. I sent scouts out to the western road to identify the rebel army. When reports came back we learned the enemy had about 100 crossbows and 60 peasants. Nothing our army couldn't handle. We road out to attack, but our enemies fled to the main northern road. Following in hot pursuit we cornered them up against one of the mountains. It is late and neither side plans to attack. We have set up camp as I plan our attack. They have the high ground which will cause some problems seeing that their crossbows are stronger then the bows our archers wield. My plans are almost ready, and I decide i should get some sleep before our assault. I do one last check to make sure our night watch is in position and I ready myself for sleep"

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 2: Morning

An Account from Captain Ermolao Year 1113 AD Venice Region

"The sun rose early in the morning. We readied ourselves for battle. I realized i will have to send my report of the battle in whether we claimed victory or defeat. The rebels were ready earlier in the morning, but did not attack. Instead they moved higher up the base of the mountain to give their crossbows a better position against our attack. My troops lined up. Archers in the front and our spearmen in the back. I took positions with a unit of spearmen and began shouting orders. First I had the army march closer to the rebels. When we got closer I had the archers charge right up the middle. This was my biggest mistake now that i reflect upon the battle. While the archers charged i kept my units in the rear while the other two units of spearmen ran to the left and right of the archers, but out of range of the crossbows. When they were in position they charged at the sides of the crossbows, while my own unit of spearmen rushed to fight the rebel peasants. This is when i realized my mistake with the archers. They only fired off a few volleys before the crossbows either killed or wounded all but 17 archers. 11 wounded would go on to fight another day, while 32 died there on the battle field. My unit of spearmen fought valiantly and managed to cut down most of the peasants, and kill the rebel captain. The surviving peasants routed and ran from battle. I decided to turn my attention to a weakening force of crossbows. That's when the aggravation started"

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Old 01-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 3: Rebellion quelled

An Account from Captain Ermolao Year 1113 AD Venice Region

" The damn crossbowmen just kept running. They were faster then my spearmen due to their armor weighing them down. We chased them until we were exhausted. This never would have ended, but the crossbows made a fatal mistake. They saw they had a slight distance ahead of us, so they turned and fired a few shots at my men. The crossbowmen too were tired. Most of their shots missed. That's when my men suddenly charged at them. One unit of spearmen engaged a group of crossbowmen and killed all but 3. The other group of crossbowmen ran again toward their original position. The 3 crossbowmen we captured will be publicly executed to prevent more rebellion. Why anyone would want to rebel against our great country is beyond me. We are the most power, populated, and one of the most wealthy countries in all of Europe. The powerful Holy Roman Empire fears us. The pope favors us. Anyway to end our battle the remaining crossbowmen were surrounded and then routed. We let them flee for we were to tired to pursue them. Once again another great victory for the glory of Venice"

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
GaaraXSaiFan
Special Jonin Candidate

GaaraXSaiFan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!GaaraXSaiFan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Cool I like it so far
GaaraXSaiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
sakura_blossom
Special Jonin Candidate

sakura_blossom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.sakura_blossom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.sakura_blossom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.sakura_blossom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.sakura_blossom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.sakura_blossom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Very interesting.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

thank you
the more posts i get on this the more ill write
more to come soon
just finished mid year exams so ill have more time to work (work is such a weird looking word)/ and get inspired more

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 4: Just an Average day

An letter written by Mario Valco, Citizen of Venice Circa 1130

" Dearest Mother,
Life in Venice is good. Leonardo and I have become quite successful here. We own a large house with our families by the sea. My daughters are enjoying their schooling, however Leonardo's sons are much more wild. His eldest has joined the war. The Byzantines have failed to reach Venice, and are causing more trouble in the Eastern part of the country. Rumors have spread of revolt in the captured city of Thessalonica. It is understandable, most of the city is still orthodox, and our priests are shoving Catholicism down their throats. Anyways, back to business. Leonardo owns a fishing boat and he goes out with his other sons for the early catch. Around mid day he comes back and i take the fish to my stall in the Fairground. We have almost made enough money to bring you, pa, and Maria here. I hope the next time i talk to you will be in my home, instead of a letter."
~your son
Mario

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 5: A new King in the making

An account from Councillor Bartolomeo (Venice's heir to the throne)
1134 AD

I received a letter from my father today. He is already 60 and won't be on this earth much longer. He wrote telling me of the Holy Roman Empires expansion. He feels they won't be a problem until I am King of Venice. He informs me that the Holy Roman Empire has now grown larger then Venice. They also are the most advanced faction in the known world. This troubles me, as I intended to focus on the complete destruction of the Byzantine Empire, something my father has failed to do so far. I am 44 years old, and waiting for my father to die. I won't have as much time on the throne as I like if the old man continues to live. For now I'm stuck commanding Zagreb. Not much happens here. We built a leather tanner to craft armor for my men. I continue to await the news of my fathers death, so I can finally claim the throne.

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Old 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter 6: A new Doge

An account from Doge Bartolomeo (Venetian King)
1138 AD

Finally my father, Doge Domenico, is dead. I am finally the new leader of Venice. I plan to crush the Byzantine's and then focus on Milan. I have received a report that Milan is now the richest country in the world. If they continue to hold such wealth, they will surpass us in power, and my plans will never be reached. Travelers are talking about the Jihad in Baghdad. Most say the Muslims have failed to claim the city from the powerful rebel army that occupied the city. The Muslim world is growing slowly, so there is no need to fear them. I plan to leave for Venice soon. I am sick of Zagreb.

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v