Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Wikileaks

This is the general discussion and debate area for the recently controversial Wikileaks.

I'd like to start off by saying:

-As for the Iraq stuff, we of the middle east already knew this stuff, but whenever you tell an American of Middle Easterns getting killed they reject it. I'm personally glad this became a controversy or else nobody could ever get through

-I TOLD YOU THE SAUDIS WERE EVIL

-All told about Zardari, well once again, we already knew that stuff (If we didn't, Pakistan wouldn't be as bad as it is, but our people aren't that gullible)

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Wikileaks

Oh, and once again, I just wanna rub in your faces that the Saudis are evil :P, told you

Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Mom View Post
This is the general discussion and debate area for the recently controversial Wikileaks.

-As for the Iraq stuff, we of the middle east already knew this stuff, but whenever you tell an American of Middle Easterns getting killed they reject it. I'm personally glad this became a controversy or else nobody could ever get through

That was a controversy? I thought it was common knowledge that people die in war...

Um, they stone their women for adultery. This is not news.

-All told about Zardari, well once again, we already knew that stuff (If we didn't, Pakistan wouldn't be as bad as it is, but our people aren't that gullible)

As far as many Americans are concerned, the outside world is a howling wasteland filled with rabid terrorists and diseased foreigners that want to steal all our wholesome corn for their Satanic rituals. So this was assumed as well...lol
Orange

Assange can go suck it. He's no better than Dick Cheney. People will probably die because he's a douchebag.

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post

That was a controversy? I thought it was common knowledge that people die in war...

Yeah, but as many innocents as seen now, that's different. But America probably doesn't give a crap for the most part, that's the sad part. If America was still in its patriotic and moralistic state it was in the 19th and first half of the 20th century I bet there would be a huge outrage with the general feel saying their ruler is a tyrant, resulting in a HELL of a lot more resistance, but alas.....

Um, they stone their women for adultery. This is not news.

Yeah, but as long as Americans have oil.....you'd be suprised how many people think the Saudi GOVERNMENT is good, but the people are pure evil, well, the people are twisted, but the government is even more so for letting all that happens happen, but once again, alas it is that way.....

As far as many Americans are concerned, the outside world is a howling wasteland filled with rabid terrorists and diseased foreigners that want to steal all our wholesome corn for their Satanic rituals. So this was assumed as well...lol

Once again, I can only use "alas" with a few periods after it , after all, it is alas....
My stuff is blue

Old 12-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Actually, war deaths have fallen over time. In fact, wars deaths caused directly by American military intervention have fallen sharply, because of the American way of war, which is constituted of high technology surgical strike capability, attrition of standing armies, and humanitarian assistance. If you actually studied wars, you'd see that it isn't the Americans who have perpetrated the majority of wartime atrocities or civilian deaths, and that we seek to limit them. Even the Vietnamese praised us for leaving their cities alone. That's why we don't still have a very cold relationship with them anymore -- not that it's cozy or anything.

Take WWII. The low estimate is 40 million deaths. Vietnam is 2.5 million. The Second Gulf War (the first was Iran-Iraq) doesn't even peg the meter, not reaching a million at the low estimate. The Third Gulf War was even lower for the initial invasion, but the casualties went up primarily because of insurgent violence. Trying to peg the numbers on US troop activities is erroneous. Again, this is war. No one believes civilian casualties can be avoided. But they are not outsized from previous wars -- they are lower, and they are that way because we want it that way.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
tyrell4life194
Banned

tyrell4life194 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

You know, one dude in my school during lunch block told me that the whole War in Iraq was started over oil. Basically, Iraq and the United Stated wanted more oil, so they decided to fight in a war to obtain that oil.

There have been theories that the Iraq War was started when Bush planned the attacks on 9-11. Now, here's the thing. We all know that it takes years for someone to plan such attacks. If the attack was planned, then Bush would've been ready for a counter attack. So guys, do you believe these claims are true?
tyrell4life194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

The war was planned before Bush got into office, most likely. It was a confluence of ideology and war profiteering, rather than strict national security concerns (although, make no mistake, that played a part). Cheney probably wanted to fatten Haliburton's coffers, while Bush's neocon allies were pushing to use Iraq as a staging point for the spreading of Muslim democracy -- part of their lame project for a "new American century." Weapons of mass destruction were a tertiary but real concern -- and something Saddam's serial miscalculations practically ensured once a Republican gained the White House. Asinine, I know. But that is why Bush was one of our worst presidents.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
tyrell4life194
Banned

Quote:
The war was planned before Bush got into office, most likely. It was a confluence of ideology and war profiteering, rather than strict national security concerns (although, make no mistake, that played a part). Cheney probably wanted to fatten Haliburton's coffers, while Bush's neocon allies were pushing to use Iraq as a staging point for the spreading of Muslim democracy -- part of their lame project for a "new American century." Weapons of mass destruction were a tertiary but real concern -- and something Saddam's serial miscalculations practically ensured once a Republican gained the White House. Asinine, I know. But that is why Bush was one of our worst presidents.
Also, many people don't know this, but till this very day, we are over 20 trillion dollars in debt. Now, I don't know why people consider Obama a terrible President. I know he isn't the best. But look at this way. The gas prices have not only gone down, the economy improved. He's trying his very hardest to make sure that Bush's mistakes are resolved. Also, he's bringing our troops back. But here's the problem. Many people at school told me that most of the soldiers are going to Afghanistan to train. They're worried that if they don't train, then Iraq and North Korea will use the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" to bomb and take over the United States.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #9
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell4life194 View Post
Also, many people don't know this, but till this very day, we are over 20 trillion dollars in debt. Now, I don't know why people consider Obama a terrible President. I know he isn't the best. But look at this way. The gas prices have not only gone down, the economy improved. He's trying his very hardest to make sure that Bush's mistakes are resolved. Also, he's bringing our troops back. But here's the problem. Many people at school told me that most of the soldiers are going to Afghanistan to train. They're worried that if they don't train, then Iraq and North Korea will use the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" to bomb and take over the United States.
Eh? Iraq doesn't even have WMD's. REALLY!?

And NO NATION not even NORTH KOREA is crazy enough to launch nukes because of the nuclear exchange rule

Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #10
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Mom View Post
Eh? Iraq doesn't even have WMD's. REALLY!?

And NO NATION not even NORTH KOREA is crazy enough to launch nukes because of the nuclear exchange rule
What freaks people out isn't that scenario. What disturbs us is a terrorists sneaking into a harbor with a nuclear bomb (although, in honesty, this scenarios isn't very likely, because of the nature of nukes, but it is more likely than a standard nuclear exchange. The other thing that worries me more is an unstable nation losing track of a mobile nuclear missile and having it launched from their territory by suicidal/crazy/terrorist elements who don't care that there is a return address -- in fact, they are counting on US retaliation.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
tyrell4life194
Banned

Quote:
What freaks people out isn't that scenario. What disturbs us is a terrorists sneaking into a harbor with a nuclear bomb (although, in honesty, this scenarios isn't very likely, because of the nature of nukes, but it is more likely than a standard nuclear exchange. The other thing that worries me more is an unstable nation losing track of a mobile nuclear missile and having it launched from their territory by suicidal/crazy/terrorist elements who don't care that there is a return address -- in fact, they are counting on US retaliation.
Well, what also worries me is how much Nuclear Power Iraq really has. Although many people don't believe that Iraq has Nuclear Power due to their economy, there have been reports ages ago that Iraq are constructing Nuclear Power Plants. Remember on the news when a group of people crossed into Afghanastan, and were arrested by the president of that country, when they believed that they were spies? I believe US are sending spies out in the Middle East to discover whether or not the Middle East really have Nuclear Power Plants.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Either you are behind the times, or you are talking about Iran, not Iraq. The US government is too intimately involved in Iraqi affairs (and Iraq is too poor) for them to pull it off without us both knowing and stopping it.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Either you are behind the times, or you are talking about Iran, not Iraq. The US government is too intimately involved in Iraqi affairs (and Iraq is too poor) for them to pull it off without us both knowing and stopping it.
What he said.

And if you ARE talking about Iran, then it's already confirmed a LONG time ago. They started reducing the Uranium in late September. Even I suspect by next year they'll have their first nuke

Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
tyrell4life194
Banned

But here's the thing. If Iran and/or Iraq is too poor, then how come they can afford weaponry?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #15
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

We pay for Iraq's weaponry, and Iran isn't poor.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Heck, Iran has a MUCH better GDP than Pakistan

Iran: ~$300,000 (28)
Pakistan: ~$200,000 (42)
(Both times 1 million)

However, it's nice to know our GDP is growing a hell of a lot faster
~1 vs 5%

But at Iran's GDP growth rate maximum it was once like 18, our max has never been more than 12.

Yeeeeaaah dude

Last edited by Ur Mom; 12-12-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
tyrell4life194
Banned

Quote:

Ah ok. But was the facepalm really necessary, if you're trying to prove a point?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

It seemed so to me, since you got Iran and Iraq confused, and before that you stated that somehow Iraq was complicit in its own invasion by a foreign army, which is just a wild position -- especially since it was ruled by a dictator. I mean, did you know the US had occupied Iraq for some seven or eight years now? Also, you are off on the US national debt by almost six trillion dollars, which is significant (to put it mildly), since it is still less than our GDP.

The facepalm was the result of a kind of snowball of strange arguments. Plus, I'm fond of facepalm pics

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #19
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

In short: JJ leiks his mudkips memes

Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #20
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

--George Bernard Shaw