Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Alex_BR
Genin Elite

Alex_BR is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Thumbs up My review on NUNS2

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm a huuuuge fan of the series, and that Naruto Shippuden is the most amazing manga I've ever seen, it's dynamic and very entertaining, so, everything I'd say here is from one of their fans. And also I'd like to remember that I've played 90% of the naruto games so far, and this is the best piece of work out yet.

I've bought the game 1 week ago, and played through all of the story mode, and I gotta admit it, the game surprised me with some stuff.

I will rank 3 main modes differently, so everything on the game is rated as I think it should be.

Story mode: The game counts with some INTENSE and envolving story mode that I'd rate as the BEST and most faithfull story mode I've ever seen in any kind of game-anime based.

Before the game was launched I was wondering how they would make the many deaths (enemies and friends) of this part of the series, and man, I'm so fu*****ng impressed... Their deaths were real and pretty much the same as in the anime-manga... I simply loved it, they make 80% of the fights available for you to play, and 8 GREAT boss battles, that pretty much showed the envolved character's full strenght, plus, as never seen before in a naruto game (that I can remember) you were able to walk around with different characters depending on the place of the story mode you were, which was able to involve everyone's (almost) favorite characters into some really cool action.

Mainly, on the story mode, there's just one thing I would make different, I would like to add some puzzles at some stages of the story, like when Naruto trains to develop Rasen Shuriken, or Sage Mode, that would be more realistic than just fighting some clones and puff, you learned that justu, hehe...

As it did in the anime, Itachi's and Jiraya's deaths really made me sad... and made me remember how good the story from Kishimoto is, that's mainly why I'm rating this story mode the BEST I've ever seen.

Rated 10/10.

Next, let's talk some about the fighting mechanics and free battle mode:

As it was in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1, the fighting mechanics are inovating to Naruto games, and the graphics are amazing, as we should expect from a PS3 or XBOX360 consoles, and that's another point to Nanco Bandai Games.

Well, there are soooo many thing I would prefer to be different in free battle mode, and this is a small list of them:

1. One of the things I liked the most in NUNS1 was that you could customize you main jutsu, making fights very strategic depending on how you customized your favorite characters, and that made me very sad when I saw it wasnt possible in UNS2... I mean, at the series, Kakashi for example, can use like hundreds of jutsus, but in the game, just 3 of them... ok, ok, they did put some jutsus during the combos, but come on, we all know it's not the same... this was mainly the thing I disliked the most in UNS2.

2. As 90% of the players said even before the game was launched, the ougis... Well, I must admit I wasn't thaaat sad because of the short ougis, but come on... some of them are really boring and repetitive, since they are fast and can be performed many times in a row... I would really like that to change back in the next game, because some of the ougis in UNS1 were very cool to watch, like Itachi's or Jiraya's for example... but I'm not down rating it so much because of that.

3. Life bars, and character status:

Another thing that annoyed me very much was that the free battle was apparently made to have SHORT battles, which for me is a big mistake... I will use another game as an example here, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, the game I liked the most when I had PS2, the thing I liked the most on that game, was that you could raise the HP bars of the characters as you used them, making the battles longer everytime you played, and that for me was amazing, because in one battle, you could use at least once every attack of your set, which can NOT be done in UNS2, because if you use 2 combos, 1 jutsu and 1 ougi, the battle is done... which is sad... IMO the longer the better, and if it would be too dificult to make a RPG style of leveling characters to get more HP, ATK, DEF, etc, at least they could have made an option for you to set how many HP bars each character should have.

4. Lack of characters:

Well, there's not much to say about it, but everyone I mean EVERYONE would like more of them, right? There are so many that were forgotten, even some that were part of the main plot of the story, like Konohamaru, Shizune, the other Paths of Pain (which for me, were our biggest lost), adding more characters would be very nice, since some would dislike, others would love, and that would make your options, strategies even bigger.

Well, I guess I can rate Free Battle Mode based on the info I just said:

Rated 6,5/10

The last mode I would rate is Online Mode, which I heard SOOOO many bad things of, that kind of discouraged me to play it, so I won't rate it at all, for now.

Avarage rating: 8,25/10

Sugestions to sequels:

First of all, keep up the GREAT work on the story mode, and make it so exciting as this one was, because it really made me feel glad that Kishimoto's words and scenes were so greatly recreated on this game. GREAT JOB!

As for some other sugestions, I would really like that the game was more customizable because that would really make the experience of battling your friends cooler, since you would be able to create strategies that they wouldn't even belive in, hehe xD

RPG mode, well, does anybody remember Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles for PS2? I loooved that game, and one of the most exciting stuff about it was that you could level up each of the characters, making them stronger, faster, etc... I don't think it should be a separated mode, but involved in story mode, the more you use the in free battle, side quests and stuff like that, the better they get, AAAAND, they could learn some new combos, jutsus and Ultimates from this leveling system, what do you think? xD

Another stuff I would like was that you was able to have more jutsus on each character on the same fight, but Alex, how can we do this? we used all the buttons on the controler D:, they'd say... well, on the PS3, you dont use the right analog stick, and you could use to change the sets of justus, just like a system to change during battle the main jutsu of you character, like that, you would be able to set up to 4 jutsus for each character, hehe... (I can draw that if somebody want it to)

Well everyone, I think this is it, I really enjoyed the experience of playing this GREAT game, but as costumer, there are stuff I would like to be made better, and I bet many of you would think the same as me on some stuff, and I bet some of you are cursing my family and friends right now, lol.

If you didn't buy this game yet, do it, it is great and should totally be rated as that.

Thanks Namco Bandai Games and viewers of this forum.

Any comments you would like to make, be my guest, and if there are questions or anything, I would love to answer them.

My PSN is alexkoto, and if you would like to add me for a spare match be my guest too...

See you ;]

Congratulations on that.
Alex_BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
wackko300
Academy Graduate

wackko300 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wackko300
Default Re: My review on NUNS2

Nice review. I got this game for PS3 the second or third week it came out. I loved it, even though I never played Storm 1 yet. Some of those boss fights are pretty epic.

-Latisha
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
Tokizu Uchiha
Ninja Academy Student

Tokizu Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I agree with almost everything up there except the story mode review. In MY opinion the mission were long dull and boring and the free roam was terrible. However the boss fights almost makes up for it.
Tokizu Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Liked all fights

except the fight against Kakuzu, it was so annoying -__-
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Alex_BR
Genin Elite

Alex_BR is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Thanks for the comments =]

Congratulations on that.
Alex_BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Lack of characters?

The story mode doesn't allow for an extensive range of characters.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Mikey
Freshmen Academy Student

Mikey is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I used to like it. As I got better i realized what a mistake this purchase was.
Characters? What does it matter, they're pretty much all the same. Take any character and spam block and use ultimate jutsu and you will win.
There is no variety in this game, only visuals, with the exception of puppet users and hit shuriken to win characters. Visuals are really good I'm not gonna lie. But controls are terrible, balance is terrible, variety is terrible. (For example I'm pretty sure all ultimate jutsus do the same damage, so why is there different characters? The only thing different is how fast it acts which makes it imbalanced.)
story was pretty good with the exception of free roam, but way too easy, once again because you can just spam block and then ultimate jutsu.
i liked storm 1 way better, this new one is horrible

ALSO: If you're new and want to win nearly every game and get hero really quickly, use minato. Worked for me.

Last edited by Mikey; 12-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote