Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #21
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: So I was wondering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell4life194 View Post
You talking about the Scientists or about me? Because I don't believe the theory. There is no proof to back up these claims, and there are no experiences to support such theories.
No no, not you, the entire discussion in general

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Yeah, I just couldn't allow it to keep going like it was. The whole time I was thinking, "somebody's been watching Superman movies too much."

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #23
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"

The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

@KU: Nothing would happen. Full stop.
Quote:
Correct. Unfortunately, Scientists till this very day are trying their asses off to disprove your claim. Also, they have made a few theories about reverse-time, and we all know that theories aren't 100% true.
Quote:
Well, tell that to the Scientists. They still believe that time can be reversed as the Earth turns the other way, even though many people have disproved their theories and claims.
Quote:
There are thousands of Scientists in this world who are trying to prove pretty much everything that is happening to the universe. Besides, I wouldn't call them Scientists because they have yet to prove anything about reversal time. The only person who has the ability to reverse time is God. No one else. Scientists still have a hard time believing that. Too bad they have no proof to back up their claims.
Prove it. Link me to one single article that says scientists, actual scientists, think that time would flow backwards if the earth rotated the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheelah View Post
Time is a constant so most likely it won't change. However, what would happen to the planet could be disastrous in your example. Fertile areas may become deserts or maybe it could start the next ice age. I took an Astronomy class where they mentioned that the North and South poles are slowly changing places. The earth's magnetic field changed with it. Time never changed in previous times when this happened and this is similar to your question. Hope it helps.
Even this isn't true. If the earth rotated precisely in the opposite direction, did a 180 degree flip, then the likelihood is that nothing would change except the movements of the sun across the sky - from west to east rather than east to west.
Wifey #1: Muffin

Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #24
tyrell4life194
Banned

tyrell4life194 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon Zabuza View Post
@KU: Nothing would happen. Full stop.

Prove it. Link me to one single article that says scientists, actual scientists, think that time would flow backwards if the earth rotated the other way. If I get infracted for this, it's going to be on you.
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...new-theor.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel

While both of these topics don't necessarily talk about the Earth rotating backwards, they do talk about the theories of time travel. These topics fit in with the "Earth rotating backwards" issue, because Scientists till this day are trying to prove the theory by using methods to back up their claims.
Even this isn't true. If the earth rotated precisely in the opposite direction, did a 180 degree flip, then the likelihood is that nothing would change except the movements of the sun across the sky - from west to east rather than east to west.
Is that good enough for you?
tyrell4life194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #25
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Is that good enough for you?
Uuum, no. It has nothing to do with the motion of a body, and more importantly the authors of the theory aren't even trying to say this takes place in our universe, within which the earth resides. You have to come up with citations of scientists trying to prove that the motion of the earth effects the direction of time.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #26
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Kakashi, did you REALLY have to ask this question. Venus spins in the opposite direction but does time go backwards there.

NO!

And that's all you need to prove this wrong.

The end, thread dies, NOW

Old 12-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #27
tyrell4life194
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Uuum, no. It has nothing to do with the motion of a body, and more importantly the authors of the theory aren't even trying to say this takes place in our universe, within which the earth resides. You have to come up with citations of scientists trying to prove that the motion of the earth effects the direction of time.
I'll try. Google isn't the best place to find all the citations.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Mom View Post
Kakashi, did you REALLY have to ask this question. Venus spins in the opposite direction but does time go backwards there.

NO!

And that's all you need to prove this wrong.

The end, thread dies, NOW
Despite the fact that they get you nowhere, treadmills are still expensive machines...

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #29
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Despite the fact that they get you nowhere, treadmills are still expensive machines...
>.<

/Is having a hard time reading under the lines

Old 12-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

LOL

My point is that people are still willing to "go there" even though it gets them "nowhere."

Just like debating the existence of God. Consider me a cat playing with a ball of yarn, only bigger and without fur, or paws, ... or yarn.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #31
tyrell4life194
Banned

Uh huh. Anyways, there is no proof that we can travel back in time, even if the Earth would spin the opposite direction. Nevertheless, it's impossible to spin the Earth backwards to begin with.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #32
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Given enough time (and a star that doesn't consume a planet), planets will circle in towards the star and eventually crash into it.

There are losses due to gravity waves, but it takes so long that we needn't worry about it.

As to the rotation of the earth, remember the tsunami of 2004? I saw on television yesterday that it changed the period of the earth's rotation! A google search revealed the following URL:
http://news.space-explorers.com/display.…

Note that the earth's rotation increased and the length of a day decreased by 2.8 *micro* seconds! So don't loose any sleep over it; you won't notice 1.4 microseconds.

So basically, the Earth rotates and the eclipse happens, but the Earth's rotation has nothing to do with the space time continuum, hence, cannot bring us back in time. At least that's what I think.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #33
TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Special Jonin Candidate

TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to TheTrueMasterofIllusions Send a message via Skype™ to TheTrueMasterofIllusions

If the world would start spinning the other way we would crash into nearest object and the force would kill us. Why? Because the earth is actually traveling very fast
It's like driving in a car
The reason cars have seat belts is because of inertia. the seat belt makes us up
apart of the car thus stopping us with the car. Even though an bbject has stopped moving anything not attached to the object does not. A car is an example of this.

What I'm saying is even though the world has suddenly reversed it's spinning because we are not attached to the earth we would still be going in the same direction until something makes us go the other way. Like a wall and because we are going at a very fast speed the force of the blow would crush and kill us.
Annie(Anathema),
Bella(Bell), Byakugan(Bya),
Hinata(Hina), Naruto fan10!(Naru),
Storm50(Stormbringer), Abe Uzumaki(Abs),King Kakashi(Mushu), George
TheTrueMasterofIllusions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #34
kai57
Chunin Exam Participant

kai57 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!kai57 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

if time could go back, i would definatly spin a couple years back
HOOYAH
kai57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #35
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki View Post
The planet earth has been spinning towards the same direction for thousands of years now, correct?
If it was to spin the other way, would time go back or would nothing happen at all?
If the world suddenly stopped, all hell would break loose.

However, the world will stop spinning eventually, just like the core will cool, eventually. It'll just take a while.

If the world (very) slowly stopped spinning and then, somehow, (very) slowly reversed, time would not reverse. The sun would rise in the West and set in the East, but time would not go backwards.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #36
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

What would make you say that the Earth will eventually stop spinning?

kakashi uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #37
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Gravitational tidal forces from the sun, moon, and even other planets, over many many eons, slowly retard the earth's angular momentum. There no such thing as perpetual motion, after all. And eventually the earth's core will cease being a reactor and cool down, just like Mars' core did. And that is when everything dies, because the only thing sitting between life and a sterilized planet earth is the magnetosphere, which is generated by the spinning hot core of iron at the center of the earth.

However, as has been stated earlier, direction of spin has no influence on the direction of time.

--George Bernard Shaw