Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
BlackAngel
Genin Elite

BlackAngel is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default This game failed...

Sorry its just my personal opinion, i mean just look at it. idk why so many naruto fans like these game. its just dull, it has no true climax. it lacks characters, combo's and it just seems boring in general. i prefer clash of ninja and ultimate ninja heroes over this. your opinions?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

pathbeyondthedark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: This game failed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
Sorry its just my personal opinion, i mean just look at it. idk why so many naruto fans like these game. its just dull, it has no true climax. it lacks characters, combo's and it just seems boring in general. i prefer clash of ninja and ultimate ninja heroes over this. your opinions?
CON has been too much of the same. Plus I don't have a Wii anymore, so it could be good now, idk. UNH was good though, but I still prefer UNS because its more authentic and a true Naruto experience.

I like games that make you think a little, and since there are very few options in battle you have to figure out whats most effective in that situation.

Yes it can get repetitive, but there are 44 characters and you think that's not enough? Besides, each character plays uniquely, so that's where the variety comes in. I've gotten good with just maybe half at this point, so there's still more to go if I want.

Besides, like others said you can't compare the different series. They are too different.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas
pathbeyondthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
BlackAngel
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbeyondthedark View Post
CON has been too much of the same. Plus I don't have a Wii anymore, so it could be good now, idk. UNH was good though, but I still prefer UNS because its more authentic and a true Naruto experience.

I like games that make you think a little, and since there are very few options in battle you have to figure out whats most effective in that situation.

Yes it can get repetitive, but there are 44 characters and you think that's not enough? Besides, each character plays uniquely, so that's where the variety comes in. I've gotten good with just maybe half at this point, so there's still more to go if I want.

Besides, like others said you can't compare the different series. They are too different.
i just feel like its lacking characters. it barely has like 2 more characters then UNH and Storm 2 is HD seventh generation game. im not comparing them im just saying i prefer CON and UNH over it.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #4
~Anbu Apoc~
Academy Graduate

~Anbu Apoc~ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

if you think about it, the games are wayy behind the series/manga. I wish they had more characters but then again, there will be a better game eventually. I prefer ninja storm and clash of ninja, but this game is okay. every naruto game have its downs and mistakes. So we cannot complain or anything but just wait for a new game to come out or play a more preferrable one.Hopefully it will get better though. Atleast it is somewhat entertaining.

"I believe if you dont give up, you dont lose. You give up, You already made them win."

Psn:jjj7112
GT: RRTS CHARMANDER

I look forward to seeing you.

Go to Valor Gaming and see whats in store for you. Great place, Great community. All Fun.
See ya There!!
~Anbu Apoc~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
BlackAngel
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Anbu Apoc~ View Post
if you think about it, the games are wayy behind the series/manga. I wish they had more characters but then again, there will be a better game eventually. I prefer ninja storm and clash of ninja, but this game is okay. every naruto game have its downs and mistakes. So we cannot complain or anything but just wait for a new game to come out or play a more preferrable one.Hopefully it will get better though. Atleast it is somewhat entertaining.
supposedly the CON game thats coming out is going to have A in it.
I can't wait for a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 4.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
theultimateninja
Apprentice Genin

theultimateninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Exclamation Re: This game failed...

hello im sorry i havent been on in so long 4 those who know me, anyway i wanted to jump in this conversation and add a few things 1) i admit i was hoping for a few more characters myself, namely zetsu, raikage and cm2 jugo, but all things considered im happy with what we have. 2) i hate 2 admit it, but i agree about the combos there just werent as nearly as many as there should have been and that goes 4 jutsus and ultimate jutsus as well. 3) costumes were literally non exsistant in that game, what the heck?! that was a definite fail... and 4) they watered pain down way to much, they could have and should have done much better on him than they did, and the same goes 4 the puppet users.

however, there is a bright side here, PARAK111 has confirmed ninja storm 3 so lets hope they learn from the mistakes of this game

I am lost on the road of life, and without a compass
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
theultimateninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #7
TiagoX2
Special Jonin Candidate

TiagoX2 has completed a tough C-rank mission!TiagoX2 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Storm 2 is better than Storm 1, and i considered Storm 1 the best Naruto game at the time, so now its Storm 2
(sales explain everything )
Besides, its more fun playing 2 than Storm 1 cause of the short Ougis :/

And Clash of Ninja is a good fighter, nothing more :/

|||||||||||||||\
|||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||/
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||
|||/|||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||\_..
||/||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||_\|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||//
|||||||||||||||||/
||||\||||||||||||/||||
|||||||||||||||||||||
|\||||||||||||||||\||

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

Be a good player, Dont Spam : ) (i dont want to win so easily
)
TiagoX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: This game failed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimateninja View Post
hello im sorry i havent been on in so long 4 those who know me, anyway i wanted to jump in this conversation and add a few things 1) i admit i was hoping for a few more characters myself, namely zetsu, raikage and cm2 jugo, but all things considered im happy with what we have. 2) i hate 2 admit it, but i agree about the combos there just werent as nearly as many as there should have been and that goes 4 jutsus and ultimate jutsus as well. 3) costumes were literally non exsistant in that game, what the heck?! that was a definite fail... and 4) they watered pain down way to much, they could have and should have done much better on him than they did, and the same goes 4 the puppet users.

however, there is a bright side here, PARAK111 has confirmed ninja storm 3 so lets hope they learn from the mistakes of this game
It was not I who confirmed it. I just provided the link to the confirmation on the official site.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
Tourune
Special Jonin Candidate

Tourune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This Game Only Came Out At A Horrible Time. Two Weeks Before Black Ops. And Online Spammers Messed It Up. And The Long HOURS Of Traveling In The Story.

Top 3 Anime Characters
1 - Danzo
2 - Ulquiorra
3 - Cole
Tourune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

The Story Traveling really wasn't that bad

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
theultimateninja
Apprentice Genin

theultimateninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111 View Post
It was not I who confirmed it. I just provided the link to the confirmation on the official site.
sorry PARAK, thats what i was trying to point out

I am lost on the road of life, and without a compass
theultimateninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
BlackAngel
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourune View Post
This Game Only Came Out At A Horrible Time. Two Weeks Before Black Ops. And Online Spammers Messed It Up. And The Long HOURS Of Traveling In The Story.
no one cares about black ops. that game is just another overrated FPS game.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
QCSPY
Banned

QCSPY is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

the thing thats killing me is how they changed the game for their balance they call. this game takes no skill and its only the one who spam the guard button to substitute, than do a projection, spam ninjustsus, and when you get beaten pretty badly just activate your awakening and spam the justsu (naruto sage is the worst) overall this game is a mess

Last edited by Parak111; 12-04-2010 at 06:59 AM.
QCSPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCSPY View Post
the thing thats killing me is how they changed the game for their balance they call. this game takes no skill and its only the one who spam the guard button to substitute, than do a projection, spam ninjustsus, and when you get beaten pretty badly just activate your awakening and spam the justsu (naruto sage is the worst) overall this game is a mess
The game is highly unbalanced, I'll give you that. Something needs to be done. Awakenings are the biggest issue, though I find Susanno, Deidara's, and Sasori's to be just as lethal. Subbing is too easy, mostly because it takes too little chakra.

But seriously, isn't that what shinobi do? They wait for you to mess up, substitute, then mutilate you with a single blow. This works against non and unskilled shinobi, aka players. Two skilled players will barely scratch each other because they are that careful. At this point, it becomes a match of wits and flexibility, like in the series.

You're complaining about authenticity. It's not a Naruto game if not authentic, just a generic fighter with Naruto skins.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas

Last edited by Parak111; 12-04-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
QCSPY
Banned

Quote:
The game is highly unbalanced, I'll give you that. Something needs to be done. Awakenings are the biggest issue, though I find Susanno, Deidara's, and Sasori's to be just as lethal. Subbing is too easy, mostly because it takes too little chakra.

But seriously, isn't that what shinobi do? They wait for you to mess up, substitute, then mutilate you with a single blow. This works against non and unskilled shinobi, aka players. Two skilled players will barely scratch each other because they are that careful. At this point, it becomes a match of wits and flexibility, like in the series.

You're complaining about authenticity. It's not a Naruto game if not authentic, just a generic fighter with Naruto skins.
ugh? your point is invalid. w'ere talking about game balance. oh ok you want authenticity? itachi activates his magyeko sharingan right at the start and tortures the other player and than he dies. thats authentic but not balanced. same logic here and it doesnt work. i only like this game because its naruto . but overall its mess. "match of wits" yeah definately spamming ninjustus, guard, substituions and than block. dont let your love for naruto blind you. this game is a mess and you know it
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCSPY View Post
ugh? your point is invalid. w'ere talking about game balance. oh ok you want authenticity? itachi activates his magyeko sharingan right at the start and tortures the other player and than he dies. thats authentic but not balanced. same logic here and it doesnt work. i only like this game because its naruto . but overall its mess. "match of wits" yeah definately spamming ninjustus, guard, substituions and than block. dont let your love for naruto blind you. this game is a mess and you know it
It's not a mess, it's just different with some problems. I prefer authenticity to a certain degree, and this game only goes SLIGHTLY overboard. Itachi Mangekyo scenario is completely ridiculous.

Also, authenticity falls under the category of balance because the game isn't meant to be balanced. If anything, balance is the moot point since they cared more about authenticity. Balance wasn't high up on their list of things to do, nor will it most likely see much more light in the future.

I'm not the only one being biased here. You don't like the game because it doesn't appeal to your play style. It does take skill to be patient, like good players are. If it didn't, then why can't 90% of people just wait on line at a grocery store without complaining?

Why do 75% of players just spam instead of timing their attacks? The other 15% don't spam but use everything with no focus. The last 10% will barely ever get beaten by these two groups, only by each other.

All things aside, I agreed with you for the most part. Awakenings are too strong and substitution needs tweaking. The game isn't perfect, but it isn't dreadful either.

Spoiler:

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 12-02-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
QCSPY
Banned

Quote:
It's not a mess, it's just different with some problems. I prefer authenticity to a certain degree, and this game only goes SLIGHTLY overboard. Itachi Mangekyo scenario is completely ridiculous.

Also, authenticity falls under the category of balance because the game isn't meant to be balanced. If anything, balance is the moot point since they cared more about authenticity. Balance wasn't high up on their list of things to do, nor will it most likely see much more light in the future.

I'm not the only one being biased here. You don't like the game because it doesn't appeal to your play style. It does take skill to be patient, like good players are. If it didn't, then why can't 90% of people just wait on line at a grocery store without complaining?

Why do 75% of players just spam instead of timing their attacks? The other 15% don't spam but use everything with no focus. The last 10% will barely ever get beaten by these two groups, only by each other.

All things aside, I agreed with you for the most part. Awakenings are too strong and substitution needs tweaking. The game isn't perfect, but it isn't dreadful either.
imo the projection makes the substitution the most bad. removing it would be a better solution than removing substitution
Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
Pain_man_who_became_god
Chunin

Pain_man_who_became_god is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

this thread is kind of a fail for me. i really got no complaints, even about spammers. if someone wants to throw fireballs like a moron, im gonna dodge and destroy, its not really hard. i like the fact that veteran or not, anyone can win. and i fall into vet category. its not dumb that itachi has susanoo and uses it. if he was in a fight, he would be tough and hed use it. hes not just gonna poon out and get beat hes gonna go all out. people just get mad cuz they lose. get better, take a loss like a man/woman and dont play if you dont like it. im sick of hearing " tiz gaymee izz zooo cr4ppee" dude, i needed a shippuden game so bad and its a pretty good 1 IMO. sometimes matches get soooooo epic. so yea, so what, powerful ninjas are powerful, pain is rad. get over it and dont play if you hate it, some of us like it and thats all that matters. they did a great job on this game, oooo noooos not everyone likes it cuz people ALWAYS HAVE TO COMPLAIN (summer) its too hot (winter)its too cold. ill be playin this game for a long time. i do think some people need to play better, like kirin spam, but i still wont btch about it cuz it gives me a way to evolve past that. this game is fun and the company cant please everyone. combos are fine, game is fun thats all that matters.

Legend has it that Uchiha Madara was bested by Hashirama Senju...but is the legend true?

^^^^
( *))))
--|----
/ & \
| & |

PSN; krustybumm

Pain_man_who_became_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
Hatake_Kakashi
Freshmen Academy Student

Hatake_Kakashi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Where this game succeeded:

1) Roster: The game had just about every character you could want up until the arc where they stop the story mode + you get Bee. How could you ask for Zetsu? That just makes no sense...Also, the Raikage is too far ahead....

2) Entertaining: For quite a while, the game is entertaining and I'm sure it will be in smaller doses in the future as well.

3) Some character variety: They actually made the puppet users really unique...they felt different than any other character. Also, interesting characters like Kiba were cool...Akamaru added some interesting benefits.

Where the game didn't do so well:

1) Simplicity: Pretty easy to see this one...subbing is nonsense. Combo variety is nonexistent. 1 Jutsu...

2) Ninja Tools: Practically worthless...use them since they're there...don't expect much though.

3) Balance: This stems back to simplicity. Some characters and commands are far superior...the lack of complexity doesn't allow other characters to compensate in other areas.

Easy improvements:

1) Add another Jutsu per character! Two jutsu's add variety and can help create balance as well.

2) Make subbing cost more chakra...seriously...make subbing cost more chakra...ALSO create a projectile bar...limit the spammage.

3) Add an extra health bar and remove the timer on ranked. This will allow you to keep your really strong awakening and turn it into an equalizer or an advantage and less of a game ender.

4) Generally add more variety...simple things. Extra combos that serve different purposes. Maybe Tenten gets extra tools or stronger ones. Maybe the tools are more unique...traps or user triggered things. Some people had REALLY disappointing awakenings (Kakashi, Pain, Neji, etc...). Maybe people have weaknesses...or unique attacks with certain teamworks.

One maybe big change:

Maybe you eliminate the whole locked on thing...and just make that an option. This way you can lock on, or free run. While free running you would essentially be given the opportunity to aim...obviously this would make it split screen on same console.

Yes that's alot of babbling...just thinking out loud really...

Last edited by Hatake_Kakashi; 12-02-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Hatake_Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #20
HorizonLightss
Genin Elite

HorizonLightss is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to HorizonLightss

in my opinion this game has far gone past my expectations for it when i first heard about it,and i dont and will ever regret buying it either,id pay 80 for it even, i admit i havent played it as much mostly because of the spammers and well black ops,but really i guarantee you all that the spammers will eventually die down and be replaced by the actual good players, it happened in broken bond,and when i get one of those matches in storm 2 that are really good and end up being a tie between me vs him/her, that feeling is amazing, and do you know whats even more amazing? the feeling you get when you beat a spammer,but like i said, i wouldnt trade storm 2 for anything and hiroshi did a fantastic job on it
"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."-Jiraiya
HorizonLightss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fail, naruto, shippuden, storm 2