Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Chapter 518 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
Kinda disappointed that Deidara and Sasori were taken down so easily.

But Sai was pretty awesome, and the new zombie-defeating method, too.

Are Sasori and Deidara really taken out? Somehow I think they'll get out of the predicament they're in. I didn't like how Sai's brother was used as a disposable weapon.
Spoiler:
But I was glad that Sai and his brother finally were able to get some peace.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Smh a shame how Deidara and Sasori sucked big time in this battle
Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #23
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Spoiler:
Great chapter. Akatsuki ambush team was really nothing compared to the Shinobi team, what with their excellent teamwork. Omoi headed for Deidara while Sai held off Shin. Omoi acted like he was heading for Deidara, but it was a trick as he really aimed for the strings Sasori used to control Ranka and Tokuma. And then - this was good - Kankuro attached his own chakra strings to Sasori's severed ones, pulled him down, and Ittan followed with Earth Style by raising the ground beneath them. Deidara was brought to the ground and Sasori fell right on top of him. Now, that's why Kankuro's the Ambush Company captain - Good tactics. Kankuro's good at giving orders, and his company's good at taking them. Having Ittan surround Kiri and the injured with defensive Earth Style was a good idea. Hoheto using his Byakugan to see clay packed inside Shin was a good move on his part, plus Ittan already had info on how to disarm Deidara's bombs, and Omoi had the ability to do so. It makes me wonder if the author had alreadly planned for this moment 150 chapters ago when he revealed Deidara's weakness. Sometimes authors can do that.

Kankuro made some good maneuvers, hiding that defensive puppet, and using Sasori's old puppet body. The dialogue between Sasori and himself was pretty interesting. Sasori made for an interesting part of the chapter, as we got a little more insight into his personality and his past, as well as his abilities. He didn't get much screentime when he was still on, so bringing him back was a good move on the author's part, IMO. A good part of the chapter was Kankuro's comment about how Sasori was supposed to be a puppeteer, and not be letting someone else pull the strings. That seemed to affect Sasori.

Sai was the highlight of the chapter. Did you see Sai's first reaction to the clay when Hoheto mentioned it? And his reaction when they blew his brother up and called him a bomb. The brother he loved was being used as bomb by Deidara. His face on Page 12, I was like: "Ohhhh man, he's pissed." He should be, Deidara turned his older brother into a bomb. We finally got to see his real power this chapter when he attacked Sasori and Deidara. And as it turns out, it seems like he didn't know ROOT has its members fight each other. The part where Shin's soul was freed and he didn't have to fight was a nice twist.

Deidara was a loudmouth, as always. I LOLed a little at his comment about using his suicide bomb over and over again, that would've been what, the third time he would've done something like that? (The first was when he used his Suicide Clay Clone. Technically a different technique, but same principle.) But did anyone notice that on Page 15 that his eyes turned normal? I know it's not supposed to be that way, but that actually added a little to the effect of his surprise.
Overall, this was a good chapter. The story seems to be picking up. The ambush team hasn't won just yet, though. Chukichi is still there. I wonder if Kiri has some connection to Chukichi, just like Ittan did Deidara and Kankuro did Sasori. I hope we can see some of Chukichi's abilities next chapter.
chukichi better help sasori and deidara VERY soon....
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #24
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Sheelah strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Well somebody better help them, I was expecting so much more out of Sasori and Deidara. I mean they are Akatsuki and all. This made them look horrible!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #25
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
chukichi better help sasori and deidara VERY soon....
Can he, though? The Ambush Company's already taken out Shin and rendered Deidara and Sasori useless. Hoheto and Tokuma are there, and using their Byakugan, Chukichi can be spoted long before he even gets there. Tokuma is especially proficient with the Byakugan. Saji himself is also a good sensor, so Chukichi probably won't get near the Ambush Company without being detected. Even if he does, he's a former Mist shinobi, so Kiri is likely to have info on his techniques. The Ambush Company for the Shinobi Forces has already won this battle. Unless Chukichi has some uber powerful techniques he's hiding, he can't do much.

On a side note, his name might as well be Chuckie. Way easier to pronounce, and he even kinda looks like a Chuck.

Edit @ Sheelah: I think it was more Ambush Company's excellence than Sasori and Deidara's incompetence. Without Sasori's puppets, he couldn't do as much, and Deidara was much too cocky to go all out, anyways. Being immortal got to his head, although that really wasn't surprising.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #26
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

yeah! sasori and deidara cannot die from this.....i want kankuro to DIE not them! DX
Old 11-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #27
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Awards Showcase

Technically though it's supposed to be the bad guys that go down though. lol
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #28
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

but the akatsuki aren't THAT villianous.....itachi, nagato, sasori, etc! i WANT the akatsuki to atleast be equal to getting back at the good guys....
Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #29
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Awards Showcase

In other words, you want both sides to have casualties if I'm understanding you correctly. I wouldn't worry about that. War is hardly fair. It doesn't discriminate against its victims, it takes people from both sides of the field and even those who are caught in the crossfire-the innocents. So no need to worry-it'll happen.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #30
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
How would that work for 80% of them?

--

Omoi's Cloud style: Black lash reminds me of Bleach.

OHHHHHH! Deiadara just dissed Sai, like no tomorrow!

Uhg, they the hell did Kishi make Deidara and Sasori so dame weak? I mean by the next few chapters there dead.

Too bad Sai Shaft basically sucker punched him soon afterward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #31
Lord Jiraiya
Chunin Exam Participant

Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lord Jiraiya has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I dont think it was to make them look bad, but to make the others look good. it only serve's that they would have train for there next battle. Plus with the intel they had I can see why they defeated sasori and deidara so ease.

They countered C4, C0 and the other weak bombs like they were nothing.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #32
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Too bad Sai Shaft basically sucker punched him soon afterward.
He need that. He got to cocky.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #33
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB1rd View Post
Yeah I know, I hate kankuro so much >.>, what a poser

I have to admit, I'm not that fond of him myself. I'm rather neutral. I figured that character was necessary for the family unit (Temari, Kankuro and Gaara).
Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #34
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB1rd View Post
Yeah I know, I hate kankuro so much >.>, what a poser
THANK YOU, honestly kishi should've picked a better character who's atleast more tolerable......kankuro makes me laugh at his sheer stupidity! the way he belittles sasori is total contradiction, since HE uses sasori's puppets made from HIS soul instead of himself....what a lying troll he is.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #35
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
He need that. He got to cocky.
True that. Deidara basically became what he hated...minus sharingan.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #36
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This week's chapter was ok...it was kind of hard to follow I find but it wasn't bad. I hated how Sai's brother was used like a bomb but glad he found a way to release himself from Kabuto's control.

Kankuro was awesome! It showed why he was leader of the squad and it definitely wasn't just because his brother is Kazekage Omoi was good too...it was about time he acted seriously.

Still, like someone did mention...Kabuto could call them back any minute. However he might not know that they're in that situation and he is a little busy taking care of Anko at the moment. Also, he might not have enough chakra to be calling summonings back...

Can't wait to see the other battles...so far I'm thankful it didn't take 3-4 chapters for just this one team's fight. I know it made Sasori and Deidara look extremely weak but I think that was to be expected. All of Kabuto's summonings are dead....that means there's no way for them to be stronger than when they were alive. Unlike living characters who are expected to keep training and getting better. Especially characters like Kankuro, Neji, Shikamaru who we haven't seen fight in while....it makes perfect sense when you think Asuma, Neji's dad etc were brought back and they'll most likely fight soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheelah View Post
Well somebody better help them, I was expecting so much more out of Sasori and Deidara. I mean they are Akatsuki and all. This made them look horrible!
Like I said in another forum....they're dead. They're stuck at the strength they had when they died unlike living characters like Kankuro or Sai who keep training and getting better acquiring new jutsu Akatsuki have no intel on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
So...put the Zombie's soul to rest and it can be defeated. Interesting.
I don't think that should work with Edo Tensei but maybe it's because Kabuto is summoning and controlling so many "strong" shinobi at once Sooner or later there has to be a flaw or weakness on his "perfected" technique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111 View Post
Great chapter. I really enjoyed this one. It was a little weird how Deidara was behaving though. We know that he likes to act cocky, but he looses his cool too often. He was calmer before. Atleast Sasori is still like he was. Uncaring of who wins...
Maybe that has to do with Sai being an "artist" as well? lol
Old 11-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #37
Phariah824
Chunin Exam Participant

Phariah824 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i agree w/ D330 and Lord J.

it wasn't that Sasori and Diedara sukkd it was the shinobi's greater intel and they actually worked together. D and S were basically doing their own thing not working as a team. who can show off better.

they knew of diedara's bombs weakness to lightning and sasori didnt have his army of puppets just the beat up ninja he could manipulate. Kankuro went toe to toe w/ Sasori b4 and the intel gathered from Sakura and Granny's fight w/ him.

the only shinobi they knew of was Kankuro but that was old not his newly developed skills. and while the shinobi's skillz grew deidara and sasori were dead so they were the same as when they died no improvements. and even in the case of Sasori he was weakened w/out his puppet body.

great chapter imho. also since seeing what happened w/Sai and his brother i can expect a few more resolutions between loved ones happening. past ghosts getting stomped so that the dead can move on and the living can get closure.

also when you look at it the ambush force is a good group to battle zombies. Kankuro can close up in puppets, the one earth nin can imprison in earth, Sai can imobilize w/ a ink summoning ( snakes large animal or such )

one thing this battle showed is that the shinobi can function together and that they shared alot of intel on their opponents. can't wait for the main forces to clash and for Naruto to finally find out what is going on.

Oct.15 2009 i survived Madara's first attack of turning back time
Old 11-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #38
Sheelah
S-Class Ninja

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
Although judging by the way Sai's brother was 'handled' if that is the proper word, it doesn't look good for breasking the Jutsu and people's loved ones being able to stay here.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #39
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Slack 40 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to Slack 40

*Eye twitch* Danzo is rolling over in his grave because sai just showed SUPER EMOTION! SAI SMASH!!!!!!!!!

hahahhaa sasori and Deidara (who can't be killed by normal means) got beat down by relativly fodder ninja. haha

One thing i dont understand is the whole soul at rest thing. If you can defeat a zombie by putting their soul at rest then shouldn't zabuza not be a zombie because his soul was kinda at rest once kakashi layed him down near haku.. hmmmmm loop whole? ohhhh kishi what next.

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Swinging a sword at a hot pirate's basically first base
Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Sai still sucks. He only won because he had an emotional connection with Shin. Lame. I'll give him props for the sneak attack, but it would've failed horribly had they seen it coming. Konkuro and Omoi really won the day here. I don't get why Root allowed Sai to live long enough to infiltrate Team 7. I guess Donzou just couldn't let go of the investment. Hell, he wasn't even the one to kill Shin when he was alive, it seems.

That said, I was impressed with the other ninja, although it's odd how easy the Akatsuki were to take down. I did like the art. The cell where Sai went nuts was really nice. Also the plot flow of this arc is good so far. I'll really enjoy this animated, when that happens; if the Pain arc is any guide, it will be in more detail than the manga.

--George Bernard Shaw