Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
JustOwnin

Default The 5 Golden Rules of NUNS2

Being the best naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 player in the world, I think I'll give back to the community and give you all the 5 tips in the game that I think people should know

Rule #1: Punching is bad, stop doing it. There are exceptions.
a.)Throwing out one or two punches and then stopping because they're trying to substitute and then throw them or do any other kind of mind game.
b.) When in awakened mode where one really short combo guard breaks and you can then do your jutsu's.
c.)As a bait to try to get people to attack you but then summon a substitute.
d.) your punching them because they're completely out of chakra and they can't substitute. But make sure you hold up while punching them so you can get the combo that knocks them up. You want to do this because they can summon they're assists to hit you if your not in the air. Some assists hit while your in the air, but they're more likely not to hit if your hitting them while they are in the air.
e.) Punching a couple of times but you summoned your assist right as you started punching so it hits them if they dont substitute in time and it hits them if they appear behind you.
But punching for PUNISHMENT is not good at all.
If you chakra dash at someone and start punching and your not awakened and none of the things that I stated are happening and they have full chakra they're GOING TO SUBSTITUTE because it's REALLY EASY and they're going to try to hit you with a throw or a quick jutsu. Of course, if they dont know punching is bad they'll actually try to punch you and then you guys will be playing a game of punch off while summoning assits and so on and so forth and one of you might win the exchange.
So if your punching alot and your thinking everytime you punch someone they appear behind you and punish you the answer is STOP PUNCHING
then what do you do? The next golden rule of ultimate ninja storm appears to help you.

2.) QUICK JUTSU'S ARE GIFT FROM THE RIKUDO SAGE, they're usefulness transcends all.
Since the game hasn't been out that long you guys are probably pressing triangle and then pressing circle or pressing y and then pressing b to do a jutsu. And it's all slow, and sometimes it doesn't come out cause your not use to playing the game, and you know, sometimes bla bla bla.
For ps3 players I say SLIDE your fingers from triangle to circle. for xbox 360 users the slide is a little different but find out how to execute them as fast as you possibly can.
Hinata for example, just a a random example. Her jutsu can be done so fast that you can chakra dash at them and if they git hit with chakra dash stun you can DO HER JUTSU REALLY FAST before the chakra dash stun wears off and that will be the first hit besides the punch.
That does more damage in way less hits than punching.
That makes it so they either substitute that or they don't substitute at all and they get hit.
Sometimes you can recover from a jutsu depending on who it is faster than recovering from punches.
Try to punish with your jutsu or your throw.

3.) BEWARE, an aspect of this new version of NUNS is that some characters can punish chakra dashes with ultimate jutsus more than ever before.
Konkuro for example. If you chakra dash at him or do a running jutsu he can ultimate jutsu you.
Even if your close, once the puppet appears even before he swings it'll still hit you and your attack won't go through. So beware.

4.) Chakra Dashing from long range is like ASKING to be punished.

Instead jump in while throwing daggers and so on and so forth.

5.) USE TEAM ULTIMATE JUTSU

Team ultimate jutsu is
the fastest move in the game
the most damaging move in the game
the safest move in the game
the hardest move to substitute in the game

YOU CAN CHAKRA DASH INTO TEAM ULTIMATE JUTSU!

Why aren't you using it?

I have the game for both systems.
PSN: JustOwnin
GAMERTAG: JustOwnin
Purpose: JustOwnin
Results: JustOwnin
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 10-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

ByakuganMaster024 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: The 5 Golden Rules of NUNS2

You really think that you're that good? Expect a friend request from me then cuz I would like to see u prove that if ur gonna boast about it. My psn is Patrick247.
ByakuganMaster024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
JustOwnin

Would you like to play now? If so I can hook up my ps3. I'm currently on the 360 version.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

ByakuganMaster024 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOwnin View Post
Would you like to play now? If so I can hook up my ps3. I'm currently on the 360 version.
Yeah right now's good.
ByakuganMaster024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Maybe I'll play you soon. You seem to think you're good enough to beat everybody, so once I clear the game I'd be glad to play you. My PSN is M4_FTW1. Send me a request right now if you want to fight some time.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Reyno
Genin

Reyno is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

PSN: mrbluhart. I'm about to add you, just want you to know who I am.

Please play me sometime. All of this is extremely true and I employ a lot of these techniques. I bet you would be a great person to fight, and would give me a really hard time. Hell you might even own me, but if so, then it might give me an opportunity to learn some new strategies because I'm starting to feel a little stale.

EDIT: Just saw your challenge thread. Posted there.

Last edited by Reyno; 10-30-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Reyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

I'll fight you, I use nearly all of the tactics you nicely EXPOSED lol.
PSN:Konanjiraiya
(EDIT:oh cool this is my lucky post,777)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sagepain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

If your on xbox 360 then I would be more than happy to fight you and see if you really are "the best in the world". I will pm you my gamertag if you want to fight.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
mavrikgames
Ninja Academy Student

mavrikgames is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Your golden rules are ignorant..... And some are super obvious....
Don't punch?...... Umm.... isn't this a fighting game?!
You probably suck.....

Last edited by mavrikgames; 10-30-2010 at 03:14 PM.
mavrikgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
KarasuKumo
Special Jonin Candidate

KarasuKumo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

So combo's are bad in a fighting game right? Have fun It's a game that's the point. I can't believe you think this is so important. I agree that substituting can be easy but whoever can substitute better is better and therefore deserves to win. Since when was keeping a distance and using jutsu a strategy? You've just re-worded spamming. You make some good points but the overall message is to not use combos and only use the few jutsu that 9 times out of 10 your enemy will inevitably fall into (for example SM Naruto's jutsu). Just watch how people will react after they see your strategy first hand.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Anyone who is against combos altogether is likely a spammer most of my combos work.
The reason why people get in trouble when using combos is that they smash the button causing them to still be doing their combo after the opponent has subbed, doing this leaves you wide open for an easy ultimate jutus. I know because I love to prey on people who do that.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

garra12345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOwnin View Post
Being the best naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 player in the world, I think I'll give back to the community and give you all the 5 tips in the game that I think people should know

Rule #1: Punching is bad, stop doing it. There are exceptions.
a.)Throwing out one or two punches and then stopping because they're trying to substitute and then throw them or do any other kind of mind game.
b.) When in awakened mode where one really short combo guard breaks and you can then do your jutsu's.
c.)As a bait to try to get people to attack you but then summon a substitute.
d.) your punching them because they're completely out of chakra and they can't substitute. But make sure you hold up while punching them so you can get the combo that knocks them up. You want to do this because they can summon they're assists to hit you if your not in the air. Some assists hit while your in the air, but they're more likely not to hit if your hitting them while they are in the air.
e.) Punching a couple of times but you summoned your assist right as you started punching so it hits them if they dont substitute in time and it hits them if they appear behind you.
But punching for PUNISHMENT is not good at all.
If you chakra dash at someone and start punching and your not awakened and none of the things that I stated are happening and they have full chakra they're GOING TO SUBSTITUTE because it's REALLY EASY and they're going to try to hit you with a throw or a quick jutsu. Of course, if they dont know punching is bad they'll actually try to punch you and then you guys will be playing a game of punch off while summoning assits and so on and so forth and one of you might win the exchange.
So if your punching alot and your thinking everytime you punch someone they appear behind you and punish you the answer is STOP PUNCHING
then what do you do? The next golden rule of ultimate ninja storm appears to help you.

2.) QUICK JUTSU'S ARE GIFT FROM THE RIKUDO SAGE, they're usefulness transcends all.
Since the game hasn't been out that long you guys are probably pressing triangle and then pressing circle or pressing y and then pressing b to do a jutsu. And it's all slow, and sometimes it doesn't come out cause your not use to playing the game, and you know, sometimes bla bla bla.
For ps3 players I say SLIDE your fingers from triangle to circle. for xbox 360 users the slide is a little different but find out how to execute them as fast as you possibly can.
Hinata for example, just a a random example. Her jutsu can be done so fast that you can chakra dash at them and if they git hit with chakra dash stun you can DO HER JUTSU REALLY FAST before the chakra dash stun wears off and that will be the first hit besides the punch.
That does more damage in way less hits than punching.
That makes it so they either substitute that or they don't substitute at all and they get hit.
Sometimes you can recover from a jutsu depending on who it is faster than recovering from punches.
Try to punish with your jutsu or your throw.

3.) BEWARE, an aspect of this new version of NUNS is that some characters can punish chakra dashes with ultimate jutsus more than ever before.
Konkuro for example. If you chakra dash at him or do a running jutsu he can ultimate jutsu you.
Even if your close, once the puppet appears even before he swings it'll still hit you and your attack won't go through. So beware.

4.) Chakra Dashing from long range is like ASKING to be punished.

Instead jump in while throwing daggers and so on and so forth.

5.) USE TEAM ULTIMATE JUTSU

Team ultimate jutsu is
the fastest move in the game
the most damaging move in the game
the safest move in the game
the hardest move to substitute in the game

YOU CAN CHAKRA DASH INTO TEAM ULTIMATE JUTSU!

Why aren't you using it?

I have the game for both systems.
PSN: JustOwnin
GAMERTAG: JustOwnin
Purpose: JustOwnin
Results: JustOwnin
if you're the best then explain this.

--- Roy Mustang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by garra12345; 10-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.
garra12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikgames View Post
Your golden rules are ignorant..... And some are super obvious....
Don't punch?...... Umm.... isn't this a fighting game?!
You probably suck.....
watch the youtube video it shows him losing a battle.

--- Roy Mustang

Old 10-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
mavrikgames
Ninja Academy Student

mavrikgames is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra12345 View Post
watch the youtube video it shows him losing a battle.
I know, I've seen it the other day. He was running his mouth and y2kfrosty put him in his place.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikgames View Post
I know, I've seen it the other day. He was running his mouth and y2kfrosty put him in his place.
that's for sure.

--- Roy Mustang

Old 10-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
albertobankai
Genin

albertobankai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to albertobankai

lol dude u got own in that video

clash of rev3-1033-1369-7582

PSN: Albertobankai12

feel free to add me
albertobankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #17
Mikahel
Special Jonin Candidate

Mikahel has completed a tough C-rank mission!Mikahel has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra12345 View Post
if you're the best then explain this.
OWNED!!!!!

This guy is a joke.
Mikahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #18
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikahel View Post
OWNED!!!!!

This guy is a joke.
not really he just thinks to good of himself and that's what makes people hate you.

--- Roy Mustang

Old 10-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
Reyno
Genin

Reyno is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Honestly, you guys trying to smack talk are pretty lame. Sure enough JustOwnin isn't as good as his words would make you think, but what he writes here is actually pretty true. Take it from me, and yes, I am pretty good.

If you actually WATCH the match that you so kindly linked and pay attention to what's going on, you'll see that the other guy is actually using these same tactics, he's just doing it better. JustOwnin does know what he's talking about, and he's analyzed the game very well, he just hasn't mastered actually putting these tactics to use and he needs to work on his basic gameplay. But what he's written in this thread is pretty accurate.

Please pipe down if you don't even know what you're talking about. Tell me how many times Y2K actually punched JustOwnin in that match. He didn't, he just outplayed him.
Reyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #20
Jdoug312
Ninja Academy Student

Jdoug312 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyno View Post
Honestly, you guys trying to smack talk are pretty lame. Sure enough JustOwnin isn't as good as his words would make you think, but what he writes here is actually pretty true. Take it from me, and yes, I am pretty good.

If you actually WATCH the match that you so kindly linked and pay attention to what's going on, you'll see that the other guy is actually using these same tactics, he's just doing it better. JustOwnin does know what he's talking about, and he's analyzed the game very well, he just hasn't mastered actually putting these tactics to use and he needs to work on his basic gameplay. But what he's written in this thread is pretty accurate.

Please pipe down if you don't even know what you're talking about. Tell me how many times Y2K actually punched JustOwnin in that match. He didn't, he just outplayed him.

He speaks the truth.
Jdoug312 is offline   Reply With Quote