Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #41
Reyno
Genin

Reyno is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: this game is the worst console naruto game

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbeyondthedark View Post
If you're a bad player you spam one ALL the time. If you're a good player you are going to spam one/two depending upon the opponent's weakness. You really can't get around it, and those who change it up are asking to be punished unfortunately.
Really, people tend to think when I use ninjutsu on them a lot that I'm just spamming, like I'm wearing a blindfold over my eyes and just pressing buttons. Actually, I'm watching you and predicting when you will be open. If you continue to fall prey to my ninjutsu I'm going to use it until you KO.

If that doesn't work, I will shuriken you, or I will dash in close to stun you and then ninjutsu you, or I will use balanced supports with tracking projectiles to halt your evasions/movement. If I do melee combo, it will only be when you don't have supports to come in an interrupt me. And only if you've proven to be sub-par at substituting.

There are a lot of strategies and I've encountered many as well. Some of them work really well. Naruto's chakra projectile is deceptively good, and cost me a match once because I hadn't gotten the hang of its trajectory yet. Skill always plays a part in anything that isn't completely random or chance. And unforunately for those of you who are terrible and would like to complain that it takes no skill, that's not the case.
Reyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #42
mavrikgames
Ninja Academy Student

mavrikgames is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

@HorizonLightns
Quote:
You know what that doesn't matter. Heres the thing; this game is for people who cannot learn how to play advanced fighters like Tekken or Street Fighter (both games mind you I suck horribly at). The game was designed for people to easily be able to pick it up and be able to take down anyone even a " Pro ". Poeple argue that this game has depth and has strategy to it and I used to be one of those people but, after spending some time with it I gotta disagree with that. I don't know how this is qualified as a fighting game when half the time no one is actually fighting. Its basically two people spamming their specials - in this case ninjutsu/ougi and sending out their support characters to overwhhelm the other person. Yet in fighters like street fighter you actually have to anticipate your opponents moves and you can't spam your hypers/supers or whatever unless you've playing it for years or something because each character has their own input to do certain moves. SKILL is what seperates the n00bs from the pros in that game. In this game their isn't really a "dividing line".

TO REINFORCE MY POINT
Wierd fact: I usually can never when many matches in GOOD fighting game online. (YET WHAT IS MY RECORD IN THIS GAME....? Over 90 wins...) Even in broken bond (the second best naruto game ever in my opipion next to clash of ninja rev) I only won 15 times out of I dunno how many matches. When I rented Tekken6, I got owned by everyone because they were more skilled than me. Even though tekken was one of the first games I've ever played in my life their were better people than me because they had been playing longer and I haven't played tekken since tekken3. Same in Marvel Vs Capcom, I get owned by the vet players there. I've only won one match that was aginest a noob who keep doing the same move over and over. So, still my point is, this game takes no skill what-so-ever. My bro played someone online who was like a hero or sage rank and beat him and he played the game twice!!!!
^ You should read that

And to even reinforce my statement I just won a few more matches in this game a few minutes ago. Then I turned it off started playing marvel vs capcom and I haven't won a match yet. Why might that be? *cough* IT REQUIRES SOME SKILL *cough*
Old 10-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #43
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

pathbeyondthedark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyno View Post
Really, people tend to think when I use ninjutsu on them a lot that I'm just spamming, like I'm wearing a blindfold over my eyes and just pressing buttons. Actually, I'm watching you and predicting when you will be open. If you continue to fall prey to my ninjutsu I'm going to use it until you KO.

If that doesn't work, I will shuriken you, or I will dash in close to stun you and then ninjutsu you, or I will use balanced supports with tracking projectiles to halt your evasions/movement. If I do melee combo, it will only be when you don't have supports to come in an interrupt me. And only if you've proven to be sub-par at substituting.

There are a lot of strategies and I've encountered many as well. Some of them work really well. Naruto's chakra projectile is deceptively good, and cost me a match once because I hadn't gotten the hang of its trajectory yet. Skill always plays a part in anything that isn't completely random or chance. And unforunately for those of you who are terrible and would like to complain that it takes no skill, that's not the case.
Isn't that what I said, just I said it with less words?

You admit you use certain attack strategies that revolve around a single or two buttons depending upon your opponent's strategy.

I've been saying the whole time that this constitutes skill. My post was actually to say I AGREE with you.

But just because it is skill mentally doesn't mean its skill physically. It's still spamming, just intelligent, assess-filled, thought provoking spamming.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas
pathbeyondthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #44
Reyno
Genin

Reyno is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbeyondthedark View Post
Isn't that what I said, just I said it with less words?

You admit you use certain attack strategies that revolve around a single or two buttons depending upon your opponent's strategy.

I've been saying the whole time that this constitutes skill. My post was actually to say I AGREE with you.

But just because it is skill mentally doesn't mean its skill physically. It's still spamming, just intelligent, assess-filled, thought provoking spamming.
Yeah.. I was just agreeing with you and elaborating so some people might be able to grasp the point. Lol

And yes, of course it's spamming. Honestly, I have yet to encounter any non-spammers. Everyone spams something. They spam whatever works for them. Whether that be combos, ninjutsu, projectiles, or whatever. The good players know how to mix it up and play to their strengths and also which characters to use which strategies with.

Against puppeteers, I play my keep-away game to the max. I'm always on the move and watching for every opening possible. Some might say I spam my ninjutsu and supports, but you know what I'm really trying to do? BREAK THEIR GUARD. Why? Because puppeteers spam guard. How's that for spam-labeling? Against naruto, I usually turtle like hell (to keep away from that fast-tracking rasengan and UJ) and lash out when I see openings.
Reyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #45
HorizonLightss
Genin Elite

HorizonLightss is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to HorizonLightss

mavrik:HorizonLightns
good job on the typo with my name
well
you know, if you can create a better game and make it balanced and all that jazz, then by all means save your money then start working on one without any faults or anything in it,but until then, praise cc2 for what they did on this amazing game
"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."-Jiraiya
HorizonLightss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #46
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyno View Post
Yeah.. I was just agreeing with you and elaborating so some people might be able to grasp the point. Lol

And yes, of course it's spamming. Honestly, I have yet to encounter any non-spammers. Everyone spams something. They spam whatever works for them. Whether that be combos, ninjutsu, projectiles, or whatever. The good players know how to mix it up and play to their strengths and also which characters to use which strategies with.

Against puppeteers, I play my keep-away game to the max. I'm always on the move and watching for every opening possible. Some might say I spam my ninjutsu and supports, but you know what I'm really trying to do? BREAK THEIR GUARD. Why? Because puppeteers spam guard. How's that for spam-labeling? Against naruto, I usually turtle like hell (to keep away from that fast-tracking rasengan and UJ) and lash out when I see openings.
My bad then, I thought you were disagreeing with me agreeing with you... if that makes sense, lol.

Like you've said, that is strategy. In Storm 2 you need to be a well rounded player, able to utilize many characters to their strengths in order to counter others' weaknesses.

And before anyone disagrees with me, I'll admit first that I am not well rounded enough, yet i still agree it is skill. This is why there are barely any 500-100 wins/losses type people, because THESE are the people with real skill.

It doesn't take skill to win in Storm 2, but it DOES take skill to continuously win with very little losses.

Spoiler:
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice? - Xemnas
Old 10-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #47
mavrikgames
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonLightss View Post
mavrik:HorizonLightns
good job on the typo with my name
well
you know, if you can create a better game and make it balanced and all that jazz, then by all means save your money then start working on one without any faults or anything in it,but until then, praise cc2 for what they did on this amazing game
I'M GLAD YOU SAID THAT CUZ I ATCUALLY HAVE. EVER PLAY A FREEWARE GAME CALLED NARUTO SHINOBI WARS RING A BELL? (sorry caps... I'm not shouting)

Search it. I've helped abit with that and I've also made several other Naruto fangames by myself and have even helped others make good games too.

CC2 did terrible with the balancing of this game. I love the graphics and the story mode was alright but the combat is shallow. You want to play a good naruto fighting game go play Broken Bond, Clash of Ninja or the orginal Ultimate Ninja games.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #48
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikgames View Post
I'M GLAD YOU SAID THAT CUZ I ATCUALLY HAVE. EVER PLAY A FREEWARE GAME CALLED NARUTO SHINOBI WARS RING A BELL? (sorry caps... I'm not shouting)

Search it. I've helped abit with that and I've also made several other Naruto fangames by myself and have even helped others make good games too.

CC2 did terrible with the balancing of this game. I love the graphics and the story mode was alright but the combat is shallow. You want to play a good naruto fighting game go play Broken Bond, Clash of Ninja or the orginal Ultimate Ninja games.
Quote:
And before anyone disagrees with me, I'll admit first that I am not well rounded enough, yet i still agree it is skill. This is why there are barely any 500-100 wins/losses type people, because THESE are the people with real skill.

It doesn't take skill to win in Storm 2, but it DOES take skill to continuously win with very little losses.
Argue that if you can

I'm curious to hear what you think

Spoiler:
Old 10-31-2010, 02:39 PM   #49
mavrikgames
Ninja Academy Student

Sure I'll argue that..... like a policitican....

Quote:
And before anyone disagrees with me, I'll admit first that I am not well rounded enough, yet i still agree it isn't skill. This is why there are barely any 500-100 wins/losses type people, because THESE are the people with with skill - such as spammers.

It doesn't take skill to win in Storm 2
Old 10-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #50
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Sure I'll argue that..... like a policitican....
I'm not sure whether to lmao or feel insulted...

But yea, that is how a politician would argue...

Now can you TRULY argue or do you just want to SPAM (ironic) argue like a politician or a child would do to the uninformed public. Cause I'm not buying it

And MINDLESS spammers are not the ones with such great records. If that were the case, then 95% of the people would have 4/5 more wins than losses.

Spoiler:

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 10-31-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #51
HorizonLightss
Genin Elite

actually ive never heard of your game that "you" created
enough said
go back to losing in online battles
"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."-Jiraiya
Old 10-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #52
mavrikgames
Ninja Academy Student

This is all I have left to say on the subject and I'll leave it at that. Qouted from gamespot review:

There isn't a great deal of depth to the fighting. These button-mashing antics make for some fun and very flashy fights in the single-player story mode. The camera swings around to frame the action dramatically, and the spectacular chakra attacks you can perform make you feel like you've really harnessed the incredible powers of these characters. But as a multiplayer fighter, it doesn't hold up. It's a system that lends itself to easily pulling off the same outrageous moves over and over, not one that emphasizes tactics and strategy. . But as incredible as these fights may look, their shallowness quickly makes them unsatisfying when played competitively against other players. The introduction of online support is still a welcome one for the Ultimate Ninja Storm series, and Naruto fans will have a bit of fun pitting their favorite characters against each other. But this is no substitute for a proper fighting game.

I may be a huge naruto fan but, I also like good balanced fighters than involve some actual strategy.

Last edited by mavrikgames; 10-31-2010 at 03:33 PM.
mavrikgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #53
pathbeyondthedark
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
This is all I have left to say on the subject and I'll leave it at that. Qouted from gamespot review:

There isn't a great deal of depth to the fighting. These button-mashing antics make for some fun and very flashy fights in the single-player story mode. The camera swings around to frame the action dramatically, and the spectacular chakra attacks you can perform make you feel like you've really harnessed the incredible powers of these characters. But as a multiplayer fighter, it doesn't hold up. It's a system that lends itself to easily pulling off the same outrageous moves over and over, not one that emphasizes tactics and strategy.
I could give you IGN quotes if you'd like saying how deep it is despite not looking it, but its getting ridiculous. I'm tired

Spoiler:

Last edited by pathbeyondthedark; 10-31-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #54
HorizonLightss
Genin Elite

mavrik:[btw its quoted]
quoted from gamespot review
gamespot-enough said
Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #55
Dobermann2323
Ninja Academy Student

Dobermann2323 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I've been playing more since I posted (also been reading some responses) and nothings really changed my opipion. I have 95 wins and 70 losses. I've been pm'd on my ps3 several times people praising who good I am with Kiba, Konan, and even recently Sage Naruto. Heres almost a qoute to what was said:

"Your very good with sage naruto. You don't spam or anything and you deserve the rank you have now".

I'm a Guardian of Twelve now btw so I'm not complete trash. Nor will I claim that I'm very good but, then again this game takes no skill what-so-ever. This game is the worst naruto game ever! I miss the Ultimate Ninja games. Heck even Clash of Ninja is better than this.
EVERYONE is good with Sage Naruto. The fact that you clearly said this game is trash and you plan on returning it, then still playing it shows exactly what a noob you are. If you hate the game so much that you would make a thread about it then please do return it and quit playing it
Dobermann2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #56
Pain_man_who_became_god
Chunin

Pain_man_who_became_god is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i dont spam and i dont quit. even against spam. so my records like 135-170 or something. but still, i try to exploit openings and play with skill. like i say this game takes little skill to play, lots to master. theres a certain style to this game and i have so much fun playin. I play tekken, SF, RB, and a gallery of other fighters. they all take different types of skills. when i play tekken, i only play with pointer and middle finger on top. there all fun, just in different ways. its rewarding on storm 2 me when i play and win big against a spammer or someone who i can tell is just going for the win and not really thinking. some ppl spam good and its a challenge, but i love naruto so much that to see suigetsu beat deidara in a match is awesome! every so often( like aforementioned match) its epic and i get chills. thats why i play storm. storm rules. screw haters. some of us have fun

Legend has it that Uchiha Madara was bested by Hashirama Senju...but is the legend true?

^^^^
( *))))
--|----
/ & \
| & |

PSN; krustybumm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pain_man_who_became_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #57
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

To snippet the first post

Quote:
Hi I am a random noob. Sadly, this game does not automatically let me win every match, so instead of getting the skill I would need in order to win and overcome obsticles like suckish players, my lack of skill, and my own lack of esteem I am going to post a useless thread about all of the things I don't like about a game.

First is that everyone uses characters that are
1) easy to beat
2) Predictable as everyone plays it the same

I am just not good enough to figure out the very simple pattern.

Second is that there exists a button to not make you let me win. People are smart enough to stay away and force me to come to them while I take damage for doing so. Common shuriken are my enemy and its too hard to learn how to dash and auto-deflect these tools of obvious hax.

Let's face it, this game takes no skill and yet I still can't win. I'll sit here for hours and argue that it takes about as much skill as opening a jar yet somehow I find myself getting beat by common spammers using the same strategy that I can't seem to overcome. Blocking is out of the question, as is KnJ escape log, chakra dash, and actually putting forth effort. If the game does not involve two people ramming into each-other until the other dies then it does not require skill. Theres no skill in using assists skillfully, theres no skill in beating out strategies, and obviously theres no skill in a game in which people have more than a punch and a kick to choose from.

To snippet the entire topic:

Quote:
**Should have been locked, deleted, or had the creator ignored outright. Please do not feed the trolls. If you hate the game, don't play but don't come here complaining and raising hell because you suck.**
Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #58
KARINISSOSEXY
Genin

KARINISSOSEXY is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pain_man_who_became_god View Post
i love this game and disagree. Sorry but i do. I hate spamming yes but its so much fun when i do beat a spammer lol. I can hear the thoughts in there head whining "how do my rasenrengans not work" or " how th f does he dodge all those fireballs!!

I have such a good time playing this. And reyno, i do the sakura thing now and shes badass! I used her against an itachi and kicked some ass, even dodging susanoo! It was an epic fight. With the awakenings i can dodge anything they throw usually, unless i screw up or they get lucky (yea i said it, lucky you 6 and 8tk spammys)

so for me, this and new vegas have become my favorite games and i cant see myself having a bad time with storm ever. Period
this.

Member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fanclub
Member of
Fanclub
',,,,,,
(o-o) I like.....Bugs...
/ .!\ Put this in your sig if
makes you scream. Oh.

Best games (RPGs) in the world EVER: Mother 1, 2, and 3 (Earthbound series....you know, with Ness from Smash Bros.?), Kingdom Hearts Series, Chrono Trigger, Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion, Not to mention Pokemon.

"If Light was Kira, I'd be in turmoil, because Light.....
Is the first friend I've ever had!" -L
KARINISSOSEXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #59
Dobermann2323
Ninja Academy Student

This guy needs to get over his hate for UNS2 and decide whether he wants to keep it and stop moaning about the online play or just sell it because he's too picky about his games. Shame
Old 11-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #60
Dobermann2323
Ninja Academy Student

And btw i have a question about the game for Frost Ninja. He seems to know quite abit about everything in the game, although there's this 1 little thing im confused about...