Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Old 02-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Announcement: Rights vs Priveleges.

Ok there has been a large amount of people PMing myself, as well as other mods and fail members that go like this:

Quote:
I was just voicing my opinion! I have the right to say what I want, this is AMERICA
Allow me to say this loudly and clearly.

By signing up to use the forums you agree to it's rules. Also you have no RIGHTS HERE.

I don't mind that you are trying to debate an infraction or someone editing your message, but you need to understand that the rules exist for a reason. Heck if I was allowed to say/do whatever I wanted, a good number of you would be constantly angry, screaming like children, have broken computers, and wonder why your parents keep getting calls from "the internet." But by the grace of "the rules" I am a fairly well balanced and contained guy.

If you feel something is done in error, cool, debate the incident. DO NOT go off at the person who infracted you. They donate their time to try to keep this place running, and while usually accurate everyone makes mistakes.

When you go off on these people they want to help less, which means more work for the admins. And even though they won't say it, they probably get ticked off when a user acting like a baby makes someone who is dedicating 5 hours a day quit.

Again, you have no right to say whatever you want, if we all had that right, this message wouldn't be as kind. So please work with the infractors, and don't act like children. If you do don't be surprised if every post you make needs to be moderated. Which means it won't post until someone approves it. Your forum experience will be diminished if you need to be treated like a child.

This doesn't mean infractors are beyond refute. Just DEBATE THE INCIDENT and the reason you were infracted, don't get all high and mighty about your nonexistant rights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Announcement: Rights vs Priveleges.

yay toma for another exciting thread on how the forums can be better thank you
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
junchurikioftheleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

yeah, i wouldn't even debate it. if they found something wrong with it they tell me and i learn and move on. :P

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
Fan of Minato
Special Jonin Candidate

Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Yes, so it doesn't matter if I have a gold burger with me or if I live in Andaman and Nicobar, the rules are the same for everyone. You guys have to understand that the rights for everyone are the same. xDD

P.S. I don't live in Andaman and Nicobar, just so you know. xDD

A member of the ANBU.
Post your question here
for it to be answered:

Leader: Vidda Hatake

The Village Hidden in Aura

Senpai: DragonAngel (The laughing stock xD)

I am a Temporary Moderator as well

The Forums have a lot of interesting things aside Drama.
Some are:

Spoiler:
Action 0_o
Quote:
hey DA you are a big dummy lol
Entertainment o_0
Quote:
But-but Gikage!! Does this mean you'll never have any babies!?!

Spawn of Deidara330 would be born instantly awesome.
Awesomeness o-o
Quote:
he's the man who ate the Kagu-Kagu Devil Fruit. 0_o xD

(Kagu Means Furniture)
Fear me. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA =o

And something Green 0_0
Quote:
Get Fom's name off there. Now!

A message from Sage
So Hockey...take my name off from your sig...xD

Best quote in the ENTIRE FORUMS:
Quote:

"TBC walks up to toma, and pushes him over, and stands on his chest with one foot"

"Toma flails on the ground like a fish, screaming something about the Chinese Panda Bear stealing his lunch."

Dances:
Quote:
*holds in mouth

Care to dance, my lovely?
True self at last. ;D TDZ, the lover boy. xD

What the google blue berries?
Quote:
Yeah, let us group together and show our AURA!
Sasori has those anxious moments too. ;D xDD

All in one forum....

Aura headband symbol:
Fan of Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I thought this had already been made. But good that the point is being touched on again.

Understand that this site is NOT limited to America, but many other countries as well. Furthermore, just because American citizens and citizens of other countries may have the freedom of speech does not mean the speaker will not have to suffer the consequences of his or her actions. Go up to a police officer in the United States (example for the example PM Toma provided), and tell him you have a pound of heroin on you, see how well that goes.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
Seven
Formerly TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist

Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Seven

Well most of the members dont get that u dont even get rights until ur 18.lmao

Spoiler:

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

*facepalm

the above is not accurate in the least.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

My view is that the internet is NOT America so the laws of the internet do not adhere to American standards. If we adhere to American standards, what about the Chinese law or the English law? Are there rights more meaningless? Adhering to American standards sure as hell makes it seem that way. Therefore the laws of the internet are made depending on community. I believe most rules on here are made to rightfully to adhere to the interests of viz as they own the site and do not feel like getting sued for copyright infringement or some eleven year old kid learning a bad word to the parents' dismay.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
Ying Yang Twin
Ninja Academy Student

Ying Yang Twin is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Good work Toma nice judgments ?

I really like what you wrote and i agree 100 % because i am also a admin in my forum that i made and i have to be taking care of the baby that act so carless ?

"And are always flaming"
Ying Yang Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
kokojojo
Banned

kokojojo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

step your grammar up son
kokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
Chindori
Genin

Chindori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Man. I know we have to follow the rules, but don't we have rights in the off-topic session.
Chindori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chindori View Post
Man. I know we have to follow the rules, but don't we have rights in the off-topic session.
You have no RIGHT to anything, if an admin wanted , they could ban you, change your post, or do whatever they wanted.

You have the PRIVILEGE to post here, and in off topic we are pretty relaxed. But to answer your question, no.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chindori View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
You have no RIGHT to anything, if an admin wanted , they could ban you, change your post, or do whatever they wanted.

You have the PRIVILEGE to post here, and in off topic we are pretty relaxed. But to answer your question, no.
Just to capitalize no what Toma said, this is a public forum, yes, but as a member of this forum you have agreed to certain things. By agreeing to the rules and regulations of this forum, you automatically said that you are willing to follow said rules and regulations. Seeing as how the admins and mods are actually PART of the hierarchy of the forums, they therefore have the same authority over you and I as the rules do. They, more or less, are the law around here. If they dictate to edit your post, delete a thread, ban you, infract you, etc. they have the both the right and privilege to do so. We, on the other hand, have the privilege of being allowed to participate in a forum such as this and basically just have a good time, so long as it's within the limitations of the forum guidelines.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
hinatas fan boy
Genin

hinatas fan boy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hinatas fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTKNE4E View Post
I thought this had already been made. But good that the point is being touched on again.

Understand that this site is NOT limited to America, but many other countries as well. Furthermore, just because American citizens and citizens of other countries may have the freedom of speech does not mean the speaker will not have to suffer the consequences of his or her actions. Go up to a police officer in the United States (example for the example PM Toma provided), and tell him you have a pound of heroin on you, see how well that goes.
i agre with u
hinatas fan boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #15
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Well, I agree, if you join, you've been admitted to post here, it's a privaledge, Admins don't HAVE to let you join. They choose to be generous...even though they really do have to let you join.....it's kind of their job, but you get what I'm saying.

You should be satisfied with being able to post in the first place.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #16
narutofox180
Genin

narutofox180 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

i like you toma your very stern

"If you wish to kill me,
resent me,hate me. And survive...in obscurity"

CoNr3 wi-fi code:4340-3300-3816/////username:narutofox180
narutofox180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #17
kokojojo
Banned

kokojojo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

the relationship between us and the admin is like the oh so special relationship between the big guy and a little guy in a prison cell. and we're the little guy
kokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokojojo View Post
the relationship between us and the admin is like the oh so special relationship between the big guy and a little guy in a prison cell. and we're the little guy
Just don't drop the soap.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Ok there has been a large amount of people PMing myself, as well as other mods and fail members that go like this:

Allow me to say this loudly and clearly.

By signing up to use the forums you agree to it's rules. Also you have no RIGHTS HERE.

I don't mind that you are trying to debate an infraction or someone editing your message, but you need to understand that the rules exist for a reason. Heck if I was allowed to say/do whatever I wanted, a good number of you would be constantly angry, screaming like children, have broken computers, and wonder why your parents keep getting calls from "the internet." But by the grace of "the rules" I am a fairly well balanced and contained guy.

If you feel something is done in error, cool, debate the incident. DO NOT go off at the person who infracted you. They donate their time to try to keep this place running, and while usually accurate everyone makes mistakes.

When you go off on these people they want to help less, which means more work for the admins. And even though they won't say it, they probably get ticked off when a user acting like a baby makes someone who is dedicating 5 hours a day quit.

Again, you have no right to say whatever you want, if we all had that right, this message wouldn't be as kind. So please work with the infractors, and don't act like children. If you do don't be surprised if every post you make needs to be moderated. Which means it won't post until someone approves it. Your forum experience will be diminished if you need to be treated like a child.

This doesn't mean infractors are beyond refute. Just DEBATE THE INCIDENT and the reason you were infracted, don't get all high and mighty about your nonexistant rights.
Just saw this.

By joining this forum, you automatically have to follow the rules. That's just how it works, and that's why there's that little contract that you have to check off, saying that you read and agreed to it.

And honestly, people in America don't even have as many rights as they might think off the internet. You can't just say whatever you want, especially on TV. Heck, that's why the FCC exists. If you say certain swears, they will be bleeped out. And if you threaten the Presisdent's life, even if it's just in public, or even on a facebook or myspace page, then you WILL be arrested when caught. I guarantee it. If you don't believe me, try it (and make sure you get caught, otherwise it won't work).

Just my two cents.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

basically this forum is a dictatorship.

oh and I agree with everything Toma said

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lolol