Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 87 80.56%
No 21 19.44%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #221
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1narutofan View Post
the cheif toad?
Yeah I've been trying to find some new recruits to get the monkey king and the turtle summon names.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #222
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Let's see what Thunder's post will have to say.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #223
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

ThunderSpirit is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
I never claimed God was a proven fact (although I do believe he exists). If you read the argument you would've seen them arguing that history concerning the bible was just a fairy tale. It's common knowledge that the bible is a historical and lawbound document, as much as it is a relgious document. I AM in a position to state other peoples claims are wrong, when it comes to facts. If they claimed that lightning could strike a pile of goo and create a cell, the most complex piece of machinery in the universe, I'm going to tell them they are wrong. If they assume that this somehow proves God doesn't exist, I'm going to show them their logic is wrong as well. Please stop trying to pick at words and phrases from the sidelines. It only makes it seem as though you want to argue petty issues.
I am not picking at words or phrases. I simply notice that you say that something is definitively wrong when no one really knows how the universe was created. It doesn't prove the existence of the Christian god if the universe is not random. There are any number of creation stories from across the globe any one or all of them could be true. Who knows?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #224
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSpirit View Post
I am not picking at words or phrases. I simply notice that you say that something is definitively wrong when no one really knows how the universe was created. It doesn't prove the existence of the Christian god if the universe is not random. There are any number of creation stories from across the globe any one or all of them could be true. Who knows?
I never said that. In fact allow me to retrieve a quote that directly contradicts your claim that I said it was a fact.

That's religion again. Not creation. How we were created is not the argument.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #225
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Wish View Post
I believe in an invisible man in the sky more than magical never ever land where elements and particles appear out of nowhere because they want to and form a ball and explode creating galaxies with life in them.

Something created us. And it wasn't something lifeless that appeared out of nowhere and blew up, creating this universe.

Idk and nobody honestly does. I'll tell you when I'm dead.

What are we anyways? Why should we care? Why do we want...?
Quote:
Exactly. I don't believe exactly what you beleive, but that doesn't matter. To me it's obvious something created, what that is, is up for debate. People need to differeniate creationism and religion. I'm a creationist. Yes I'm a christian. This isn't a debate about religion though, it's a debate about whether or not we were created or not.
See I even agreed with him about the fact that no one knows. I said to me it was obvious, but I didn't say it was a fact.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #226
#1narutofan
Genin Elite

#1narutofan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

chief toad or not its passing 1:30 here and these young bones have to get up early tomorrow to water their grampas' garden. farewell for now. its been intense.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #227
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1narutofan View Post
chief toad or not its passing 1:30 here and these young bones have to get up early tomorrow to water their grampas' garden. farewell for now. its been intense.
lol It's 2:39 here and I was about to go ot bed when we started this.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #228
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

Quote:
See I even agreed with him about the fact that no one knows. I said to me it was obvious, but I didn't say it was a fact.
I agree with you there. You seemed to be saying in other posts that you were stating absolute fact about the creation of the universe, but must have misunderstood. I guess I should take the wisest advice I know of and never get involved in these things.

Last edited by ThunderSpirit; 06-28-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #229
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

Quote:
lol It's 2:39 here and I was about to go ot bed when we started this.
Yeah, same here.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #230
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSpirit View Post
I agree with you there. You seemed to be saying in other posts that you were stating absolute fact about the creation of the universe, but must have misunderstood.
That's fine. I'm careful what phrasing I use. I wouldn't say that, as it would only be ammunition against myself. Good night for now.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #231
#1narutofan
Genin Elite

#1narutofan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

haha. sorry to keep you from rest. toodles (for real this time).
Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #232
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

Quote:
That's fine. I'm careful what phrasing I use. I wouldn't say that, as it would only be ammunition against myself. Good night for now.

Night.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #233
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Please stay on topic, if you have something personal to say just PM that member. I would like this thread to stay on topic and not derail into another discussion. Thanks!
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #234
Death Wish
Banned

Death Wish is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Nobody's fighting.

Ya ya, we all agree what this forum is about.

Now maybe talk about it instead of trying to find a way of putting someone elses post down by saying it's too judgemental of the other's opinion.
It's not like anyone is saying "God is fake and you're an idiot to believe in a god" or "Darwin is a complete mental case, you're all half retarded to not believe in a god"

So calm down lol.

Post what you think without making insulting remarks to the other opinion and it's allowed.

(It's just annoying seeing 20 posts in 1 night about how someone was posting wrong, someone deffending theirself, someone apologizing, and people not even talking about the main subject) Lets be mature. lolz

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
Please stay on topic, if you have something personal to say just PM that member. I would like this thread to stay on topic and not derail into another discussion. Thanks!
ya... (didn't see that)

Last edited by Death Wish; 06-29-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #235
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimdoe View Post
I absolutely don't.
Why don't you believe in God?

I guess I must of missed your post the first time.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #236
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

bump ^_^
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #237
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Cool Re: Do you believe in God?

i believe in God.i also believe god has a sence of humor.n i have a question,if we were made by monkeys,y arnt monkeys exctinct?
Breath out..

All these masks we wore
We never knew what we had in store..

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,
And it's gonna rain for years and years..

Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #238
Avian
Genin

Avian is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

No. There's just too much evidence proving God isn't real.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #239
danboy
Veteran Chunin

danboy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to danboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
No. There's just too much evidence proving God isn't real.
I am atheist but i look at both sides
belef
yes but there things that we can't for instance the universe and us if god placed earth 1 mile too close to the sun we'll burn 1 mile too far we'll freeze no one could make a system so perfect because it's very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very unlikely that we were made out of sheer luck.
no belief
many many many many many plp died in wars of religion like protestant and catholics they fought cause of how the bible interpreted and followed if he was real he would've stop the senseless bloodshed in a way cause they use the same bible so same god in a sense were considered his children so was he in the time of crisis

it's our choice to believe or to not believe or he would've smite us or truly doesn't exist
Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #240
vampire Lycan
Chunin Exam Proctor

vampire Lycan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to vampire Lycan

i don't believe in god
Closed Thread

Tags
christian, fsm, god, qur'an, religion