Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default A question to Viz directly ~About Youtube

Okay, so I was wondering about one thing. As everybody knows, the naruto episodes online, or any viz anime episodes in general, are illegal online. My question is, why is it not that Viz goes to youtube and makes those copyright filings against all those videos on youtube. And yes, it does matter. Do you know how many people will just GIVE UP on something if it has been removed from youtube?! It really is surprising how many give up on songs/shows/etc. if it's not on youtube. It's like how 70% of americans quite searching for something if it's not on the 2nd page of google or something, you know what I mean? So, as a suggestion, MAYBE you, Viz, should take away those episodes on youtube. You have already taken away the non-immediate manga from those manga sites, which matter MUCH more to Naruto fans than the online episodes due to Naruto.viz.com, why not take away the episodes from youtube.

So, what do you think of my question to viz, should I send it?
(It''l be highly more reformed, larger, and formal then, of course)

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Crisis
Chunin Exam Participant

Crisis is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A question to Viz directly ~About Youtube

No, because if Youtube can Roflstomp Viacom, I'm damn sure that they can stomp Viz.
EDIT: That would be a good idea, but I'm not thinking that it would go through all the way. Most of the youtubers with Viz materials already say it belongs to Viz, just like we do on the forums.

Free Verse standings:
4-0-0

Last edited by Crisis; 10-07-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sounds good.
Nah man I'm 15, so this was my freshman year of high school.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Guess not everyone knows yet. I kept my real age a secret since I joined when I was like ten. Needed that #ForumCred.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

It took a coalition of companies to fight scanlations, so it would probably take something similar for youtube. It takes an incredible amount of resources to combat this sort of thing.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode View Post
It took a coalition of companies to fight scanlations, so it would probably take something similar for youtube. It takes an incredible amount of resources to combat this sort of thing.
It isn't just, like, the company showing some papers and making their point, because almost all are valid here, what are these "resources" then? Afterward, it would take a bunch of guys browsing youtube taking them down, I don't see this as too hard, but I'm no businessman, I'm a 15 year old nerd from a college prep school.

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.SRhyse just might be Kage someday.SRhyse just might be Kage someday.SRhyse just might be Kage someday.SRhyse just might be Kage someday.SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Look at it this way-

Anyone can upload anything to youtube at any time. Youtube legally has to, and does, take things down that don't legally jive when they can in a reasonable manner, but they're still dealing with an infinite number of people posting an infinite number of illegal things an infinite number of times. Going by that, there's always going to be something illegal on youtube. If all youtube was used for was pirated material, there'd be a case to make to shut down the entire site, but the overwhelming majority of the things on youtube actually aren't illegal, and alot of it's pretty cool; possibly even good for the world.

Without taking down the entire site, it would take a complete end of anonymity on the internet to keep there from being pirated material somewhere on youtube, or even available in general.
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote