Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Top 10 Moments in One Piece

As the title pretty much states, which moments in One Piece did you think were the greatest of them all? I, myself, don't really know and will figure that out as I read, but I want to hear what some of yours are. A brief description on why you think it's so amazing would also be cool.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Top 10 Moments in One Piece

There's a lot of great moments in One Piece. I'm just going to list some from the top of my head in no particular order.

-When Usopp and Luffy argued, then had a fight. (Very emotional)
-When Zoro, who was already beaten nearly half to death, was forced to take on all of Luffy's pain....and still stood! (like a boss)
-When The Straw Hats are leaving Alabasta and they all throw their arms up with the x on their arms, for Vivi. (They consider her an honorary straw hat, which is awesome)
-When Luffy punched the world noble

There's lots more, buts that's all I'll put for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

hmm...i think i made a thread similar to this..
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68053

-when they try to get franky to join. "it's gonna be crushed, like grapes!"
-when robin breaks spandam's spine

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
l3thall3g3nd
Chunin Exam Proctor

l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

My top 10 one piece moments not in any particular order.

10. Walk to arlong park (this moment is when I fell in love with one piece just was epic)

9. Luffy one hit ko on a world noble (again epic moment and shows how far luffy will go to protect his friends).

8. Zoro telling karma to take his head instead of luffys, telling karma luffy will be the pirate king then taking luffys pain and still standing ( when sanji found zero covered in blood and asked him what happened and he says nothing I was like zero you are one bad . It also shows how far sanji and zero are willing to go for luffy).

8. Ussop screaming at luffy after getting beaten by lucci then luffy using jet Gatling gun. ( just a great scene shows the bond luffy has with ussop and then seeing luffys new killer move was a great way to end the luffy vs lucci fight).

7. Sogeking entrance (the funniest moment in one piece and the sogekings theme is just amazing lol).

6. Luffy declaring war on the world government (this whole scene was just emotional again we see the bond the stawhats have with each other by declearing war on the powerful enermy without any hesitation).

5. Luffy uses haki at marineford (the reaction to everyone was priceless just was a epic scene)

4. Luffys father revealed at marineford then telling ace he is saving him even if he dies. (love this scene just shows the how strong ace and luffy bond is and the reaction to everyone finding out luffy was dragons son was quality).

3. Luffy vs pacifista after time skip (just shows how much luffy has improved in the last two years, seeing luffy use haki to dodge px5 beams then 1 ko him with a jet pistol was great and is my favorte scene after the time skip).

2. Jinbe tossing luffy over the wall at marineford and comforting the 3 admials (this scene was just amazing, proberly watched this scene 30 times this proberly my favorte one piece moment)

1. Ace's death (I hated ace drying I loved his character but this is the first time a scene in a anime made my eyes tear up so it deserves to be in my top 10 for that reason alone).
l3thall3g3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Ino's Girl
Special Jonin Candidate

Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ino's Girl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

No particular order:

When Luffy defeats Crocodile

Enel's face when he realized Luffy is immune to electricity

Nami crying and asking Luffy for help

Luffy defeating Enel

That old doctor lady saying farewell to Chopper scene e.e

Going Merry's funeral

Robin saying she wants to live

Luffy breaking out of the barrel in the first episode

Lol That's all for now. They will probably change when I catch up with One Piece

Just Call Me Supa-Soak-That Hoe -JAFL ScrappY Approves!
Ino's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I couldn't figure out an order, not at the moment at least, so I just put the ten that got to me most. Heavy spoilers for those not caught up.
Spoiler:
  • Nami crying and asking for Luffy's help -Although I watched Skypeia first, this scene is what brought me back to One Piece from then on. Nami's tendency to be an ass was shattered and revealed who she really was. The amount of emotion she used to ask for help and the lack of emotion Luffy had in accepting made it probably the most memorable moment in the series for me.
  • Whitebeard's standing death - We didn't see Whitebeard for long before his death, but it was made pretty clear that he was very important. With his awesomeness before his death, the actual fact of him being dead was made spectacular by the fact that he wouldn't fall, but stood their. It made him my favorite character overall, with Luffy still at his heals.
  • Going Merry - I don't mean the ship as a character, but this best sums up the whole deal on Water 7 right through Enies Lobby. Usopp's betrayal to keep the ship, the tears brought by it falling into the ocean, its unmanned rescue of the Straw Hats on Enies Lobby... The ship as a whole and the events surrounding it were really emotional.
  • Luffy using Gear Second for the first time - He was simply badass. He was calm and collected the entire fight with Blueno, then decided to show him his new power like he was bragging about it. The power that he had after using it for the first time was also amazing.
  • Jinbe's speech to Luffy - "You can't get back what you've lost! What is it that you still have!?" That quote and Luffy's reaction to it was pretty emotional.
  • Kuma's "annihilation" of the Straw Hats - The look in Luffy's face as he watched all his nakama disappear was emotional. I got really attached to the story at that point and felt the emotion he did. That's what probably made this so cool.
  • Ace's death - What the hell. >.> They finally freed him and they're running, but freaking Akainu gets to him. Everyone's emotions because of his death made the entire war. Whitebeard raged and Luffy went into shock. Really cool, but really sad.
  • Zoro taking Luffy's pain - Zoro was always cool, but when he just plunges into Luffy's pain and exhaustion without questioning it, that made him even cooler. The guy is strong and has loyalty to his captain, but he just stood through it. It was intense.
  • Luffy's post-timeskip public appearance - The pacifistas came in for some mock Straw Hats, but Luffy blew them away with the real thing. It was insane because of his cool attitude and just awesomeness as he dodged the initial lasers. Then he finished the scene off with a one-punch knock out of a pacifista, what everyone was afraid off. Perfect way to start off the post-timeskip story.
  • Luffy's near death at Impel Down - It was expected that he would live, but you get really attached to the characters and you have them dealing with something like what Luffy is enduring and it gets emotional. His getting up and screaming for food right out of the starting gate made me laugh immediately. Then the way his muscles came back was also cool.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor

NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!

One of the moments should definitely be when Kuma separated the Straw Hats.

Oda did a great job showing Luffy's anguish, but the anime's episode on this particular moment was the best I've ever seen. Seriously, I hope every OP fan sees it.

One of the rare moments I choose the anime over manga for anything.
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
NagatoGod_of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote