Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #21
Morning Tiger:0
Banned

Morning Tiger:0 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Neji Vs Hinata and Ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeiskewl922 View Post
I agree with you, but what she is saying is that here in the BG, those books are hype, and hype can only be proven with feats. So saying "Ammy is as hot as the sun..." could be proven if someone was fried with Ammy, got burned and then touched the sun and got burned to the same degree, IN THE MANGA. That would prove it.

My point is, why, here, the DB are considered hype?
I can't comply, I'm sorry.
That's...false.
Morning Tiger:0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #22
mikeiskewl922
Veteran Chunin

mikeiskewl922 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Because although the author write it, it was never actually proven.. I mean its obviouslt true if the author said it, but if a charcater never proved it, then it can't be used in a BG battle.

"Baby i'm gunna' set you free,
Imma set you freeee."~

Village Hidden in the Moonlight~
mikeiskewl922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #23
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Tiger:0 View Post
That's...false.
Wut.

What I'm trying to say is, some of the statements about abilities and moves in the book have not been proven in the manga, where it all happens. But if you're not willing to accept those points then I'm not going to keep debating.

Edit: Also, the DB info you're using is outdated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

People have mixed reviews about the databooks in a debate.

I for one, think they're legit.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
Wut.

What I'm trying to say is, some of the statements about abilities and moves in the book have not been proven in the manga, where it all happens. But if you're not willing to accept those points then I'm not going to keep debating.

Edit: Also, the DB info you're using is outdated.
First of all, you obviously just learned that yourself, due to the fact that you didn't mention that initially. Second of all, I cannot believe you unless you provide a link.

And third of all, redundantly, the manga does not prove the DB, it's the other way around. That's what I've been saying. Apparently you didn't understand.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
First of all, you obviously just learned that yourself, due to the fact that you didn't mention that initially. Second of all, I cannot believe you unless you provide a link.

And third of all, redundantly, the manga does not prove the DB, it's the other way around. That's what I've been saying. Apparently you didn't understand.
At first I thought there was a 4th DB but then I checked and there are only three. So, yeah. xD

A link? For what?

I would repeat my points but that would be useless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
At first I thought there was a 4th DB but then I checked and there are only three. So, yeah. xD

A link? For what?

I would repeat my points but that would be useless.
Irrelevant to my point...

A link to what proves the data I'm using to be outdated.

Clearly, we're at an impasse here. I could say the same.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #28
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
Irrelevant to my point...

A link to what proves the data I'm using to be outdated.

Clearly, we're at an impasse here. I could say the same.
Just look it up. There is no 4th DB atm and a lot of manga time has passed since the last one. So, even if those stats were legit, they're old now.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Just look it up. There is no 4th DB atm and a lot of manga time has passed since the last one. So, even if those stats were legit, they're old now.
Given nothing exists to disprove them,(4th DB) then they remain valid...

But that's only provided what you're claiming is true.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #30
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
Given nothing exists to disprove them,(4th DB) then they remain valid...

But that's only provided what you're claiming is true.
Dude, I tried googling the 4th DB and found nothing. The Naruto Wikia, which is always being updated, has no mention of it.

The 3rd DB came out years ago, and a lot of things have happened in the manga since then. New characters and jutsu introduced, improvements in speed and strength, etc.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #31
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Amateratsu.....in the databook it listed a lot of things as facts that people dont believe even though the databooks are made by Kishi himself.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Dude, I tried googling the 4th DB and found nothing. The Naruto Wikia, which is always being updated, has no mention of it.

The 3rd DB came out years ago, and a lot of things have happened in the manga since then. New characters and jutsu introduced, improvements in speed and strength, etc.
That is true.

But conveniently, the characters I'm referring to, have not changed.

As for others, sure. But based upon DM stat, it seems unchanged(for those characters.)

Unless Lee, Neji and Sasuke are 5 in terms of speed now, which I highly doubt.

The only two in the series who could possibly manage that are really just Yondaime Hokage, Minato Unumaki or Madara.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #33
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
That is true.

But conveniently, the characters I'm referring to, have not changed.

As for others, sure. But based upon DM stat, it seems unchanged(for those characters.)

Unless Lee, Neji and Sasuke are 5 in terms of speed now, which I highly doubt.

The only two in the series who could possibly manage that are really just Yondaime Hokage, Minato Unumaki or Madara.
Sasuke, at least, has changed.

You know what, I suggest we call a truce since we're hardly convincing each other of anything

Minato's last name is Namikaze btw.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Sasuke, at least, has changed.

You know what, I suggest we call a truce since we're hardly convincing each other of anything

Minato's last name is Namikaze btw.
That's what implied earlier.

Oh. Thanks you.

At any rate, a truce then. But what does this mean, exactly?

The outcome here is quite apparent...
Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #35
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

So your saying that reacting to the Raikage is now equal to being outspeeded by Kidomaru?

Seriously now.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:38 AM   #36
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

The Databooks say Kidomaru=Raikage's speed?

That is truly a contradiction the great Phoenix has seemed to have missed. I don't normally go against DB things if I'm not drawn into it, I mean other than "Ammy is hotter than the sun" because if it was, anything anywhere near it would disintegrate and burn up instantly.

I have to say this is by far the most amazing thing the DB has said.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #37
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Raikage is post-databook 3. He didn't exist during the publishing, nor did that level of speed.

The characters stats are reworked depending on the current point in the manga, and that hasnt been done in a few years.

So no, databook doesn't compare Raikage's speed to Neji's.

Neji's speed stat comes from his reaction to kidomaru's CS2 arrows, which was a faster attack then anything we saw in the regular series.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #38
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

But basically he is saying that Neji is equal to Sasuke in speed.
Sasuke reacted to Raikage.

When Kidomaru entered CS2 he has a speed advantage over Neji.

That would me that Kidomaru=/Raikage in speed according to him.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

He is definitely nowhere near as fast as Sasuke or Raikage, at least recent displays haven't show that.

But he would easily be as fast as Sasuke base form up until after the Itachi fight, that's about as much as I'd give him. Databook 3 was made around that time too.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #40
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Maybe he was as fast before the Itachi fight.
I don't know thou.

Sasuke blitzed team Yamato and was able to outspeed Deidara for the most part prior to that fight.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?