Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #21
Sasuke3107
Ninja Academy Student

Sasuke3107 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Konan vs Hinata, Sakura, and Ino

Yeah the anime counts because they base it on the manga and some people get confused with some jutsu and techniques because the manga doesn't show it in full detail.
Sasuke3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Thank you,X! For agreeing with me you get some rep!
Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #23
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The anime is not counted as canon. Period. They can base it off anything they like it's still not canon.

Manga is the primary and only canon unless otherwise specified.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke3107 View Post
Yeah the anime counts because they base it on the manga and some people get confused with some jutsu and techniques because the manga doesn't show it in full detail.
@bolded

This is why Anime is technically non canon.

Because Anime is an adaptation of the manga.

It is the anime's team interpretation so how is it canon? If you want, you can treat it as a separate anime universe or some sort Manga takes priority because the manga is the original work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
But as I said,Kishimoto surely has to give the go ahead on anything they do in the anime,so it still counts in my opinion.
In one interview, Kishimoto had stated how he was surprised and pleased when the anime studio said they were going to animate Naruto.

You realize that studios really don't need permission necessarily?
In fact technically they don't have to follow the manga. They can do whatever they want. Why?

Because its their studio.

Why do you think the original Full Metal Alchemist anime diverged from the manga? The studio was contracted 1 year of episodes. So they just went their own way after several episodes.

Why do you think the Soul Eater anime after episode 30 went their own way? 1 year contract same deal. In fact the Soul Eater anime ended already. Different ending and what not.

Sorry but usually unless the studio invites the author, they can technically do whatever they want.

Same thing with movies adapted from books.

Key word "Adaptation."

Anime is an "Adaptation" of the manga in technical definiton no matter how close it is.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #25
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I have one of the databooks(made by Kishimoto and staff) and it has certain facts from the anime listed in it as well as well as Hinata's 64 Palms Guard, Sasori's water jet, and etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #26
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Databooks are garbage and never used. Anime is non-canon.

Until they show a technique in the manga they don't have it.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #27
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Databooks are garbage and never used. Anime is non-canon.

Until they show a technique in the manga they don't have it.
But the databook are made by Kishi himself and plus none ever said at the beginning of the thread we cant use non-canon.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #28
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Style Naruto View Post
But the databook are made by Kishi himself and plus none ever said at the beginning of the thread we cant use non-canon.
It's written in the BG Rules that noncanon material can't be used by default.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #29
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
Thank you,X! For agreeing with me you get some rep!

Umm, thanks? hahaha.

Quote:
I have one of the databooks(made by Kishimoto and staff) and it has certain facts from the anime listed in it as well as well as Hinata's 64 Palms Guard, Sasori's water jet, and etc.

Kishimoto doesn't know what he's talking about.

Those moves are non-canon, and will remain that way.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #30
tyrell4life194
Banned

tyrell4life194 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Databooks are full of garbage, fail, and hyperboles. Anime isn't canon, try again.
tyrell4life194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #31
tyrell4life194
Banned

tyrell4life194 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
They're still hyperboles. This is the same databook that said, "Haku is light speed" even though he didn't create any afterimages nor disappeared in a flash. That means it's a no limits fallacy.
tyrell4life194 is offline   Reply With Quote