Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Tourune
Special Jonin Candidate

Tourune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Sasuke vs. Kisame

Restrictions: Equal Speed

Distance: 70 Meters

Top 3 Anime Characters
1 - Danzo
2 - Ulquiorra
3 - Cole
Tourune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Sasuke vs. Kisame

With the distance, Sasuke might be able to use Sasono'o arrow spam.

But if not, Waterdome and Giant Shark Missile takes it for Kisame.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Through hype, Sasuke can arguably take it with current abilities.

Since he hasn't had much screen time and has no feats though (thank goodness), I would be inclined to believe Kisame can win this. At the distance, genjutsu won't be very effective and that's really the only thing Sasuke can hope for if he expects to beat Kisame. Susanoo arrows are fast and all but at the distance I'm sure Kisame could react to them. Water Dome on the other hand, has a huge range and would cause trouble for Sasuke, who can't breathe and would have a lot of difficulty maneuvering.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

sasuke nawadays is too stupid to beat kisame unless he gets the fight smarts he used to have he would be destroyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
king kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Kisame admitted to being weaker than Itachi, and it's safe to say that Sasuke has surpassed Itachi.

What you guys are currently saying is that Might Guy would defeat Sasuke.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
skillr
Genin Elite

skillr is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

might guy > sasuke maybe but itachi was sick living on drugs wanting sasuke 2 win. sasuke is better at amaterasu but itachi is better at susanoo and tsukyuyomi
skillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Kisame admitted to being weaker than Itachi, and it's safe to say that Sasuke has surpassed Itachi.

Might Guy could not beat Kisame at full power.

I also hate how in every discussion about Kisame people bring that up, he admitted Itachi was better (I don't even believe that anymore). That can't be the only thing stated to win an debate on this.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:

Which is actually just as debatable. Guy has a method of fighting Genjutsu, he's certainly fast enough to dodge Ammy and Susano'o arrow, Afternoon Tiger probably breaks through Susano'o defenses, Fire Style and Lightning Style variants won't do crap to Guy. Actually, Guy has a better shot of beating Sasuke than Kisame, and that was already a heavily debatable matchup.

Besides, Giant Shark Missle absorbs chakra. Unless Sasuke can target Amaterasu through GSM, or unless Sasuke can capture Kisame in a Genjutsu, he has virtually no defense against it. All chakra-based jutsu are useless against it, and his taijutsu is nowhere near Guy's level. Genjutsu is the only real problem here. As long as Kisame avoids that, he and even Guy can probably take this.

Kisame admitted to being weaker than Itachi, but it's possible neither of them knew the true extent of the other's abilities. GSM, Water Dome, and 1000 Hungry Sharks VS Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano'o? Helluva fight there. Plus Kisame is fast in his own right.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

No ones arguing that Itachi was weakened during their fight, and at that point full power Itachi would have killed Sasuke. But that was before Sasuke had any MS skill at all, which he's almost mastered.

But Sasuke's skills alone take this. Kisame has never shown any Genjutsu resistance. I don't see a move like Water Dome taking Sasuke. People are forgetting about the Sharingans original ability to react and sense much faster then anyone else. And even if he does get caught in it, it wouldnt hold Amaterasu which targets what Sasuke looks at.

If kisame gets to a large body of water, he's good to take this. But they're not fighting on the damn ocean again. 1000 Hungry sharks isnt going to happen here.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #10
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.king kakashi is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
No ones arguing that Itachi was weakened during their fight, and at that point full power Itachi would have killed Sasuke. But that was before Sasuke had any MS skill at all, which he's almost mastered.

But Sasuke's skills alone take this. Kisame has never shown any Genjutsu resistance. I don't see a move like Water Dome taking Sasuke. People are forgetting about the Sharingans original ability to react and sense much faster then anyone else. And even if he does get caught in it, it wouldnt hold Amaterasu which targets what Sasuke looks at.

If kisame gets to a large body of water, he's good to take this. But they're not fighting on the damn ocean again. 1000 Hungry sharks isnt going to happen here.
i think sasuke normally would win but he fights stupid now with no sustitutions or decoys he can't win

Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:

But Sasuke's skills alone take this. Kisame has never shown any Genjutsu resistance. I don't see a move like Water Dome taking Sasuke. People are forgetting about the Sharingans original ability to react and sense much faster then anyone else. And even if he does get caught in it, it wouldnt hold Amaterasu which targets what Sasuke looks at. Plus, Chidori stream could most likely break a Water Dome.
At that point Itachi was holding back. He could have won even in his state for the time. His aim was to lose, so he wasn't going full power to begin with.

Samehada can theoretically get Kisame out of Genjutsu. Having prior knowledge might make that easier, but he doesn't have that. Still, they're 70 meters away, and Sasuke's Mangekyo does take some time to activate, if only just a little time.

Water Dome captured Killerbee and stretched on for miles past that. The dome moves with Kisame, too, so Sasuke can only dodge, if he's even fast enough to do that. Reaction speed is meaningless against an attack so large and so fast you couldn't dodge it anyways.

Chidori Stream is not breaking a water dome that huge. And Kisame and Samehada fuse inside the Water Dome, so all chakra-based attacks become useless. In fact, Sasuke's only hope in this match is Genjutsu. If he catches Kisame he wins, if he doesn't he's screwed.
Quote:
Oh, sorry. I forgot he needed a water source for 1000 Hungry Sharks. But lake creation and water dome take care of any needs for 5 Hungry Sharks or GSM.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
tanduhman
Special Jonin Candidate

tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Saying that the sharingan helps react faster, etc. is basically a useless fact since sasuke wasnt able to react to rock lee, and he wasnt able to predict rock lees movements... than sasuke wasnt able to react to KB, or predict KB's movements as sasuke was torn to ribbons, and only survived due to his teammates healing the bigeebers out of him. Yes he has gotten better since that era, but my basic point is that it shows the weakness in the uber hype of the sharingan. So dont go WANKING the sharingan anyone.. im not in the mood to deal with any wankery here.

Susaano is chakra based right? therefor GSM breaks through that with ease, and finishes sasuke with one blow. I dont see how sasuke will breathe underwater when he is caught by water dome?

And might i add how water> fire so kisame basically trumps any fire based moves of sasuke with his own water attacks.

Dont forget that kisame will constantly be healed by samehada, and if sasuke is hit once by any vital move than hes basically done for. / samehada to the neck would basically be a death blow. / samehada drains chakra as well.

And how can you say no 1000 shark jutsu? i know that they are not in the ocean, but have you forgotten that kisame can basically spit out a lake? which pretty much means 1000 shark jutsu... thankyou very much... just an fyi... thought you might have wanted to know that.. yah.. mmmhmmm

Amaterasu can be dodged... with underground shark jutsu if i might add.. or repelled with a source of water. or kisame could simply swim underwater.

the only thing here that kisame could lose by is gengutsu. but he would have to look directly into his eyes. Why not look at his arms? done, and done.

Amazing things that tantan approves
Spoiler:

1. My best friends
2. Playing guitar is sexy
3. working out.. i know this sounds ridiculous, and jug headed, but it honestly clears my mind. Nothing better to release steam on than some weights. Not only that but completing a self created goal is priceless. I have constant goals through my training routine, and I plan to break them!
tanduhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Hold on, you're not suggesting that water can douse Amaterasu, are you? Cause please say thats what you meant.

Oh. And what happens if Samehada is hit by ammy? Think he'll eat it? And for that matter, when did GSM hit a level that could drain SUSANO'O?!

This debate doesn't seem fun.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Amaterasu ignites the first thing it comes in contact with after leaving Sasuke's eyes. Water is a thing. Sasuke tries it while he's underwater and he sets himself on fire.

Granted it won't actually do anything because Sasuke's Amaterasu is stupidly inconsistent enough that it really shouldn't be used in the BG, but it'd be funny see Sasuke on fire while underwater.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #15
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Hold on, you're not suggesting that water can douse Amaterasu, are you? Cause please say thats what you meant.

Oh. And what happens if Samehada is hit by ammy? Think he'll eat it? And for that matter, when did GSM hit a level that could drain SUSANO'O?!

Sasuke can't use it while in the water thou.
Or his eyes will catch on fire.

Ammy is made completely of chakra, it's completely possible that it can eat it.

Samehada ate up 6 of Bee's tails worth of chakra.

GSM>Samehada as far as short term absorbtion.

Safe to say it could absorb a good amount of Sasono'o.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

Cool Re: Sasuke vs. Kisame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki X View Post
Sasuke can't use it while in the water thou.
Or his eyes will catch on fire.

Ammy is made completely of chakra, it's completely possible that it can eat it.

Samehada ate up 6 of Bee's tails worth of chakra.

GSM>Samehada as far as short term absorbtion.

Safe to say it could absorb a good amount of Sasono'o.
ammy and susanoo are sharingan chakaras because shamehada is alive and sharingans can control animals the sharingan chakara would control it if he tried to absorb those chakaras he would hand sasuke his sword

Old 10-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #17
king kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanduhman View Post
Saying that the sharingan helps react faster, etc. is basically a useless fact since sasuke wasnt able to react to rock lee, and he wasnt able to predict rock lees movements... than sasuke wasnt able to react to KB, or predict KB's movements as sasuke was torn to ribbons, and only survived due to his teammates healing the bigeebers out of him. Yes he has gotten better since that era, but my basic point is that it shows the weakness in the uber hype of the sharingan. So dont go WANKING the sharingan anyone.. im not in the mood to deal with any wankery here.

Susaano is chakra based right? therefor GSM breaks through that with ease, and finishes sasuke with one blow. I dont see how sasuke will breathe underwater when he is caught by water dome?

And might i add how water> fire so kisame basically trumps any fire based moves of sasuke with his own water attacks.

Dont forget that kisame will constantly be healed by samehada, and if sasuke is hit once by any vital move than hes basically done for. / samehada to the neck would basically be a death blow. / samehada drains chakra as well.

And how can you say no 1000 shark jutsu? i know that they are not in the ocean, but have you forgotten that kisame can basically spit out a lake? which pretty much means 1000 shark jutsu... thankyou very much... just an fyi... thought you might have wanted to know that.. yah.. mmmhmmm

Amaterasu can be dodged... with underground shark jutsu if i might add.. or repelled with a source of water. or kisame could simply swim underwater.

the only thing here that kisame could lose by is gengutsu. but he would have to look directly into his eyes. Why not look at his arms? done, and done.
if sasuke gets out of the water via hawk summoming he can chidori the water and kisame would be electricuted

Old 10-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #18
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:

I'm not sure whether this is directed at me, but what I suggested was that Sasuke may not be able to clearly target Kisame if a large water move was in the way. If he doesn't hit, the water won't douse Amaterasu, but Amaterasu can't move through water so fast after released. (Water is more dense than air, so it only makes sense that Amaterasu movement is slower in water.)

Chakra draining is chakra draining is chakra draining is chakra draining. Samehada drains chakra, Amaterasu is chakra, GG. Doesn't matter how dense or powerful. It's still chakra. In Guy's case, his move was spirit energy or something, and not chakra, so his move bypassed GSM's effects. Susano'o is chakra, so really GSM can absorb it all. Even if it's too large an amount to absorb all at once, GSM grows in strength as it absorbs, so it can absorb smaller amounts and become powerful enough to absorb larger amounts at any time. If it's anything similar to exponential growth, then after a short time GSM will be able to absorb all of the Susano'o and kill Sasuke. The Uchiha are overated for their Mangekyo abilities, but at this point many characters can dodge or bypass them. Guy himself could dodge Amaterasu and break through Susano'o with his sheer Speed and Strength.

On the contrary, I find it quite enjoyable. I find debating points in general to be fun no matter how bad the opposing arguement may be. Not to say your arguement is bad, as you present very valid and reasonable points.

And stuff.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Actually, it's quite possible. Still under debate, though.

Possibly. Ammy is chakra.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well if Ammy can't be used in the water, there's no chance I can win this debate.

Seems logical that he couldnt.