Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #41
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Dugtrio vs. Narutoverse

fissure vs. swamp of the underworld?
would the swamp just kill duotrio
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #42
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Everyone needs to stop taking this thread so seriously.
Obviously Dugtrio loses, it's just fun coming up with ridiculous ways that it could win.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #43
FlyingThunderGod
Genin Elite

FlyingThunderGod is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Naruto Watcher your logic is flawed, how long does earthquakes last? Long enough for if the person was to jump, by the time they get back down it would still be going. Thus even if he jumps, gravity will pull him down and he would die in an instant. Also the range of earthquakes are huge, so dont say he would just jump far away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FlyingThunderGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #44
DSPR7
Genin

DSPR7 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
What kind of comparison is this?
A comparison that just because you don't see things doesn't mean they aren't real.

How about this:

I've never seen dark matter.
I've never seen air.
I've never seen a Mayan.
I've never seen a black widow spider.
I've never seen Goku planet bust.
I've never seen someone blow up a pumpkin with dynamite.

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on you, to prove that Diglett CAN'T leave the ground. Otherwise it's safe to assume it can, in fact, leave the ground.
DSPR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #45
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Burden of proof is on the one making the positive claim.

You are saying Diglett is capable of leaving the ground, you are the one who has to prove it.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #46
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPR7 View Post
A comparison that just because you don't see things doesn't mean they aren't real.

How about this:

I've never seen dark matter.
I've never seen air.
I've never seen a Mayan.
I've never seen a black widow spider.
I've never seen Goku planet bust.
I've never seen someone blow up a pumpkin with dynamite.

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on you, to prove that Diglett CAN'T leave the ground. Otherwise it's safe to assume it can, in fact, leave the ground.
It has no legs.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #47
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Diglett and Dugtrio are always shown underground and if I remember right from the first series of the Pokemon anime, the Pokedex even said that a Diglett or Dugtrio has never been seen with more than its head/heads above ground.
Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #48
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Burden of proof is on the one making the positive claim.

You are saying Diglett is capable of leaving the ground, you are the one who has to prove it.
One: Dugtrio has to breed, often with other species in the Day care. Clearly, it has to leave it's tunnel in order to align the necessary organs. Even if they didn't, Diglett would have to excavate a wider tunnel to accomodate its mate, and thus would have to have some form of locomotion that could be employed out of ground.

Two: Throughout the newer games, Dugtrio can be seen following you around. Now, unless you're saying they just kind of tear through rock and pavement in roads, they obviously have to travel overland, even if it's not shown obviously.

Next.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #49
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan SageX5 View Post
Diglett and Dugtrio are always shown underground and if I remember right from the first series of the Pokemon anime, the Pokedex even said that a Diglett or Dugtrio has never been seen with more than its head/heads above ground.
Anime is irrelevant.

Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. AGAIN.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #50
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
It has no legs.
Snake
Snail
Slug
Mudskipper
Certain amphibians
Certain lizards (glass snakes)

NEXT.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #51
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
One: Dugtrio has to breed, often with other species in the Day care. Clearly, it has to leave it's tunnel in order to align the necessary organs. Even if they didn't, Diglett would have to excavate a wider tunnel to accomodate its mate, and thus would have to have some form of locomotion that could be employed out of ground.
Speculation.

Quote:
Two: Throughout the newer games, Dugtrio can be seen following you around. Now, unless you're saying they just kind of tear through rock and pavement in roads, they obviously have to travel overland, even if it's not shown obviously.
Gameplay.

Got any real proof?
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #52
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The burden of proof is on you, to prove that Diglett CAN'T leave the ground. Otherwise it's safe to assume it can, in fact, leave the ground.
Really now?

Are you being serious here?

You realize that the difference is that this is based on some random unsupported conjecture while the other things are based on proven things. Minus on the dark matter because its more of a theory.

Pokemon has yet to display Dugtrio out of the ground. You made this claim

Prove it.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #53
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

None of the source material(Pokemon games,books,anime,etc...) has ever shown or mentioned a Dugtrio above ground,so until we get a confirmation from the source material, Dugtrio is stuck underground.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Speculation.

Gameplay.

Got any real proof?
Explain how a Dugtrio could breed in cramped tunnels only as wide as themselves.

A Dugtrio has a method of locomotion useful for maneuvering underground, kindly explain how this would not be applicable aboveground. I'm curious why everyone thinks this.

"Really now?

Are you being serious here?

You realize that the difference is that this is based on some random unsupported conjecture while the other things are based on proven things. Minus on the dark matter because its more of a theory.

Pokemon has yet to display Dugtrio out of the ground. You made this claim

Prove it."

As opposed to you all assuming that just because we haven't seen it, it doesn't happen?

The difference is that this is based off a look at the natural world around us compared with the world of Pokemon. Whereas you are all just saying:
"I didn't see it, therefore it didn't happen."

:/
Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #55
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen,I'm just saying that until we are shown an image of a Dugtrio walking around above ground, I won't take it as 100% fact.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #56
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
None of the source material(Pokemon games,books,anime,etc...) has ever shown or mentioned a Dugtrio above ground,so until we get a confirmation from the source material, Dugtrio is stuck underground.
But logical evidence, as I've stated, says it can.

It can move. We've seen it partially above ground. We know it has dug caves leading to the surface. No direct evidence shows it cannot come up.

It's like saying a fish can't move on water because it swims. Sure it ain't comfortable, but it can still move. :/ Difference is that Dugtrio is probably more effective.

Last edited by DSPR7; 09-21-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Sorry, messed something up.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #57
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
I'm not saying that it doesn't happen,I'm just saying that until we are shown an image of a Dugtrio walking around above ground, I won't take it as 100% fact.
Do you believe in the Big Bang, dark matter, or gravity?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #58
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Yeah I do because they are proven scientific fact.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #59
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
As opposed to you all assuming that just because we haven't seen it, it doesn't happen?
As Ono said. We have no idea how Diglett and Dugtrio breed.

I asked you to prove it or give any inkling hint.

Quote:
The difference is that this is based off a look at the natural world around us compared with the world of Pokemon. Whereas you are all just saying:
"I didn't see it, therefore it didn't happen."
:/
I have yet to see any real animal that is comparable to Diglett's movements, lifestyle and etc.

And just because it was based on a mole doesn't count. :/

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #60
DSPR7
Genin

Quote:
Yeah I do because they are proven scientific fact.
That goes against what you keep saying about seeing things before you believe in them though. :/ Are you willing to take the word of a scientist rather than trust your own eyes? Is that it? What if they're lying?

That just shows your ignorance. We cannot prove gravity. We can prove that objects are attracted to one another, but gravity is still just a general concept, unpolished and unrefined. It will be many years before we understand gravity at all, it might be wrong. :/ Gravity is basically the theory that objects attract, and greater mass=greater pull. But Einstein changed everything we know about gravity from Newton, and it's still in flux. Read up on Black Holes sometime, it's weird and awesome.

And dark matter is still unproven, all we have is circumstantial evidence, there are several other theories that might work.

The Big Bang is unscientific in and of itself.