Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"

The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Why try?

In our galaxy alone, there is around 100,000,000,000 billion stars. In one tiny corner of the sky, there are billions of other galaxies.

You are an insignificant speck of carbon, so small relative to the universe that you can't even comprehend it. I can guarantee that with your life, the universe won't ever notice you.

So why try? Why not just give up life? (No, I'm not turning emo, but it's a serious point to consider).
Wifey #1: Muffin

Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
*NSM*
Banned

*NSM* is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why try?

i know right! why try?
*NSM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Because even though the universe is so large, it doesn't have the power to affect your life in any meaningful way. Unless of course an asteroid hits the earth or we're invaded by aliens. THEN why try?

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22

Last edited by Sage Mode; 09-09-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Because through small changes comes big changes. Think Star Trek. Just imagine, we could be regularly visiting other worlds in the next 100 years or so. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that we are relatively nothing compared to the bigger picture of the cosmos.

Here's something to think about though: We are a way for the universe to know itself. We give this vast emptiness of space a consciousness. (Carl Sagan's words)
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.

Last edited by Err; 09-09-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon Zabuza View Post
In our galaxy alone, there is around 100,000,000,000 billion stars. In one tiny corner of the sky, there are billions of other galaxies.

You are an insignificant speck of carbon, so small relative to the universe that you can't even comprehend it. I can guarantee that with your life, the universe won't ever notice you.

So why try? Why not just give up life? (No, I'm not turning emo, but it's a serious point to consider).
The only reason you are asking this is because society, especially medieval societies once considered humans as special. Now that there is no such thing as a qualitative universe, it seems as if our importance is dethroned.

I think the opposite to what you think in a progressive sense. Humans have obtained flight, went to the moon, and harnessed the power of the atom. If man does not obliterate itself, I believe the possibilities of what could be achieved; may be boundless.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
The only reason you are asking this is because society, especially medieval societies once considered humans as special. Now that there is no such thing as a qualitative universe, it seems as if our importance is dethroned.

I think the opposite to what you think in a progressive sense. Humans have obtained flight, went to the moon, and harnessed the power of the atom. If man does not obliterate itself, I believe the possibilities of what could be achieved; may be boundless.
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day, venture to the stars."
YouTube:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Simply because the universe exists because you do...If you die the universe is dead for you...It doesn't matter whether you exist for the universe, what matters is your existence for yourself....

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Slack 40
Special Jonin Candidate

Slack 40 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to Slack 40

because your tiny meaningless speck of existence effects other specks of existences and so on and so forth and then over time your tiny speck will have effected so many specks that eventually some time in the future you will have had some effect on something much larger that will effect the universe

<^^^^>
< ( ) >
</(/`_`\)\>
v/o\ v /o\v

Swinging a sword at a hot pirate's basically first base
Slack 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day, venture to the stars."
YouTube:
My friend, I am completely ignorant about the teachings of Steven Hawkings. It is just my personal belief.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Because life is a treasure, and in life you're faced with the good things and bad. Think Grand Theft Auto.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
My friend, I am completely ignorant about the teachings of Steven Hawkings. It is just my personal belief.
As am I. Carl Sagan on the other hand, he is my personal hero. I share his deep passion to understand the cosmos.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode View Post
Because even though the universe is so large, it doesn't have the power to affect your life in any meaningful way. Unless of course an asteroid hits the earth or we're invaded by aliens. THEN why try?
3 words: Gamma Ray Burst.

Another 2 words: Sun Flares
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 09-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Because without a conscious body, there would be no Universe with which to house said body.

We as living beings are that conscious body, and as far as we know there are no other such bodies in the entirety of existence. Therefore, without an observer to an event, the event cannot be said to exist.

If we don't live, then the Universe means nothing more to us than we to it. It's a self sustaining cycle that keeps the entire concept of existence going.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Significance has nothing to do with size.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #15
Raiton:Gian_Kakuzu
Veteran Chunin

Raiton:Gian_Kakuzu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

because you love yourself and your fam and friends and girlfriend and naruto and anime and toilet paper and money and god and....(you get the point)

Raiton:Gian W.A.R. Official
Raiton:Gian_Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
XxblackxX
Special Jonin Candidate

XxblackxX has completed a tough C-rank mission!XxblackxX has completed a tough C-rank mission!XxblackxX has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to XxblackxX

The universe maybe large, but that changes nothing. As Sage said, if we don't live, we mean no more and no less to the universe than it means to us. It's complete nonesense if someone really thinks that the volume or mass of something matters, because it really doesn't.

I will not hesitate.
XxblackxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
Level6Ninja
Genin

Level6Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Because without a conscious body, there would be no Universe with which to house said body.

We as living beings are that conscious body, and as far as we know there are no other such bodies in the entirety of existence. Therefore, without an observer to an event, the event cannot be said to exist.

If we don't live, then the Universe means nothing more to us than we to it. It's a self sustaining cycle that keeps the entire concept of existence going.
This.

As he said, neither us nor the universe can exist without the other.

Level6Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #18
Sunagakure
Is made of greatness, intellect, and everything awesome.

Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!

As was said before, little changes can add up to big ones. One never knows how his/her contribution to something, however small it may seem in the "grand picture", will actually affect that grand picture. Just because one may think his/her actions are being performed on a small scale, the area of effect over which those actions have effect can be much more significant than anticipated.

* Getting lost along the path of life...
Sunagakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #19
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post

That is a human perspective of reality though, and thus is not necessarily universal truth.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:45 AM   #20
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Whether or not the universe notices you, you'll always notice yourself.

If I'm stuck here 80 years, I might as well do something useful.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote