Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Debate Contest Round 2: Kuromaki Vs. The 1st Hokage

Gai vs. Kabuto

Restrictions:

Gai can open up the first gate.
Kabuto is BEFORE he fused with Orochimaru's cells.
Kabuto can use a pill to give him a performance boost as he did during the Search for Tsunade arc.
No Afternoon Tiger

Knowledge: Gai knows Kabuto is a medic-nin but doesn't know how good he is. Kabuto knows Guy is fast and strong but hasn't seen it first hand.

Battlefield: Vast open field.

Starting Distance: 50 meters.

State of Mind: Bloodlusted.

Debate.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Debate Contest Round 2: Kuromaki Vs. The 1st Hokage

Kabuto wins this.

Speed: There aren't really any speed feats on either side that makes it so that Guy or Kabuto can blitz. Guy's best base speed feats are barely intercepting Kisame. The first time was in Part 1 but Kisame was right in his way, and in Part 2 30% Kisame overpowered him anyway. Kabuto was able to casually keep up with Tsunade, and he could Shunshin away from the battlefield quickly at the end of the Sannin fight which should count for something.

Power: Of course Guy has more power, and he could potentially deal some fatal blows to Kabuto. However, Kabuto could heal, and Kabuto's shown some high level healing. He was able to heal a Rasengan in Part 1, and considering the damage it dealt to stuff like the Water Tank and Asura Path, that's pretty impressive. Kabuto could also dodge by going underground or just using his speed, he's not a slowpoke.

Intelligence: Kabuto takes this one. He was able to figure out the effects of Tsunade's nerve disruption jutsu quickly, and while in the heat of battle. Guy's done what? Kabuto should be able to figure out a way around Guy's techniques with his smarts, while Guy won't have the same advantage.

Jutsu: Guy is mainly taijutsu while Kabuto has some taijutsu and ninjutsu. Clearly genjutsu won't work, since it didn't affect Guy at all when it was used in the Chunin Exam. The most Kabuto can go for with genjutsu is a distraction. Guy's taijutsu can be avoided by going underground or dodging, and if he goes up close, Kabuto can do chakra scalpel, which could be fatal if done to the neck like Kabuto mentioned in Chapter 164 page 11. Due to Guy's tendons and muscles being severed by the chakra scalpel, he'll have difficulty doing his taijutsu moves, and then Kabuto can move in for the kill if he hasn't already. Kabuto can also go underground and surprise Guy from there. Gates won't help much since Guy can only go to the first gate, which doesn't increase speed or power. If Kabuto gets hit and the injuries aren't too great, he can still heal.

Other stuff: Overall I think Kabuto has a better chance. Guy has a chance if he does something like breaking Kabuto's neck but Kabuto can avoid it like I said before.

Btw TU is stronger than both of those noobs and he's a sexy beast :P (Too bad hes gay)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 09-13-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Truths
Old 09-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

*Doesn't want to spam but still points out end of the above post*

So who's gonna be the ones judging this?

Multiple judges like before for sure. Although I can be a help, I dunno how much of said help I'll be since I'm probably gonna be biased for Kuro.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 09-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Idk, SOTSP?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
Kabuto wins this.

Speed: There aren't really any speed feats on either side that makes it so that Guy or Kabuto can blitz. Guy's best base speed feats are barely intercepting Kisame. The first time was in Part 1 but Kisame was right in his way, and in Part 2 30% Kisame overpowered him anyway. Kabuto was able to casually keep up with Tsunade, and he could Shunshin away from the battlefield quickly at the end of the Sannin fight which should count for something.

Without Gai having all his gates, I have to agree with this, though keeping up with Tsunade's not a big feat, and figthning Itachi without looking at him is. Like you said, he was able to escape from the Sannin Battlefield, which was pretty good. I give a slight edge of speed to Gai.

Power: Of course Guy has more power, and he could potentially deal some fatal blows to Kabuto. However, Kabuto could heal, and Kabuto's shown some high level healing. He was able to heal a Rasengan in Part 1, and considering the damage it dealt to stuff like the Water Tank and Asura Path, that's pretty impressive. Kabuto could also dodge by going underground or just using his speed, he's not a slowpoke.

Well, Gai can't do much with onloy the first gate, The Gate of Opening. Frontal Lotus is his only 'Gate Derived' jutsus he can use with the first gate, so he is extremely limited, though Gai's strength is still amazing, regardles of that handicap.

Intelligence: Kabuto takes this one. He was able to figure out the effects of Tsunade's nerve disruption jutsu quickly, and while in the heat of battle. Guy's done what? Kabuto should be able to figure out a way around Guy's techniques with his smarts, while Guy won't have the same advantage.

Not gonna argue this one. Kabuto is smart, and Gai believes in the power of youth. It's not a hard choice to make. Kabuto's got this.

Jutsu: Guy is mainly taijutsu while Kabuto has some taijutsu and ninjutsu. Clearly genjutsu won't work, since it didn't affect Guy at all when it was used in the Chunin Exam. The most Kabuto can go for with genjutsu is a distraction. Guy's taijutsu can be avoided by going underground or dodging, and if he goes up close, Kabuto can do chakra scalpel, which could be fatal if done to the neck like Kabuto mentioned in Chapter 164 page 11. Due to Guy's tendons and muscles being severed by the chakra scalpel, he'll have difficulty doing his taijutsu moves, and then Kabuto can move in for the kill if he hasn't already. Kabuto can also go underground and surprise Guy from there. Gates won't help much since Guy can only go to the first gate, which doesn't increase speed or power. If Kabuto gets hit and the injuries aren't too great, he can still heal.

Kabuto has more jutsus, no doubt about it, but in BL, Frontal Lotus (After opening the first gate, The Gate of Opening) is his most likely attack. With Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger out of the picture, it's not looking good for Gai Sensei. Though his Leaf Rock Destroying Rise would do damage. An elbow to the face would definently gurt, and don't forget, Gai has Ningame, his summon, and Shadow of the Dancing Leaf would do damage if it could finish, but with Kabuto's Chakra Scalpal ability, I don't see it ending before the tendons in Gai's neck are cut. I'd give the advantage to Kabuto and his Medical abilities.

Other stuff: Overall I think Kabuto has a better chance. Guy has a chance if he does something like breaking Kabuto's neck but Kabuto can avoid it like I said before.

With the handicap on Gai, Kabuto has this battle. Chakra Scalpal, Healing capabilities, higher intellegence, and near even speed give Kabuto the overall advantage.

Btw TU is stronger than both of those noobs and he's a sexy beast :P
My replies/counters are in red.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
Old 09-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Without Gai having all his gates, I have to agree with this, though keeping up with Tsunade's not a big feat, and figthning Itachi without looking at him is. Like you said, he was able to escape from the Sannin Battlefield, which was pretty good. I give a slight edge of speed to Gai.
Chapter and Page where Guy fought Itachi? (Sorry my memory's like blah right now)
Quote:
Well, Gai can't do much with onloy the first gate, The Gate of Opening. Frontal Lotus is his only 'Gate Derived' jutsus he can use with the first gate, so he is extremely limited, though Gai's strength is still amazing, regardles of that handicap.
I agree, though Kabuto wouldn't be dumb enough to get caught by Front Lotus early on.
Quote:
Kabuto has more jutsus, no doubt about it, but in BL, Frontal Lotus (After opening the first gate, The Gate of Opening) is his most likely attack. With Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger out of the picture, it's not looking good for Gai Sensei. Though his Leaf Rock Destroying Rise would do damage. An elbow to the face would definently gurt, and don't forget, Gai has Ningame, his summon, and Shadow of the Dancing Leaf would do damage if it could finish, but with Kabuto's Chakra Scalpal ability, I don't see it ending before the tendons in Gai's neck are cut. I'd give the advantage to Kabuto and his Medical abilities.
Read above, and I have to correct a mistake I made. 1st gate does increase power but strength doesn't mean much if you can't hit your opponent. Besides, Kabuto can heal if it's not too serious. Remember he was able to heal from a Rasengan and he healed the damage 4 tailed Naruto did to Sakura's arm.

What is Ningame gonna do? Honestly he's more for helping Guy with jumping higher.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
Chapter and Page where Guy fought Itachi? (Sorry my memory's like blah right now)

I seem to of misworded my statement last night. It was supposed to say...

fighting off Itachi without looking at him (Like when he saved Kakashi's ass)

I agree, though Kabuto wouldn't be dumb enough to get caught by Front Lotus early on.

Not early on is key. Gai has massive amounts of stamina and determination, so theres a good chance Gai can outlast and hit him hard with a strong Taijutsu combo later in the fight if it lasts that long, but CS to Gai's heart or neck cutting his heart or the tendons in his neck, or he can just disable Gai one extremety at a time.

Read above, and I have to correct a mistake I made. 1st gate does increase power but strength doesn't mean much if you can't hit your opponent. Besides, Kabuto can heal if it's not too serious. Remember he was able to heal from a Rasengan and he healed the damage 4 tailed Naruto did to Sakura's arm.

The Gate of Opening: Is located in the brain. Removes the restraints of the brain. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Frontal Lotus.

Kabuto never completely healed Sakura's injury.

What is Ningame gonna do? Honestly he's more for helping Guy with jumping higher.

He can jump in front of one of Kabuto's attacks. xD :/
Red again

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 09-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
I seem to of misworded my statement last night. It was supposed to say...

fighting off Itachi without looking at him (Like when he saved Kakashi's ass)
Yeah, I asked for a chapter.

Well to add on to base Guy's feats, he stopped Gaara's sand. :x But no speed feats actually warrant a blitz.
Quote:
Not early on is key. Gai has massive amounts of stamina and determination, so theres a good chance Gai can outlast and hit him hard with a strong Taijutsu combo later in the fight if it lasts that long, but CS to Gai's heart or neck cutting his heart or the tendons in his neck, or he can just disable Gai one extremety at a time.
Guy can't do that if Kabuto's constantly cutting his tendons. While Guy is faster than Kabuto and could probably outlast him, keep in mind Kabuto's intelligence and his medical jutsu.
Quote:
The Gate of Opening: Is located in the brain. Removes the restraints of the brain. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Frontal Lotus.

Kabuto never completely healed Sakura's injury.
True, but I was just providing an example. He was able to heal an injury caused by Kyubi chakra on the spot.
Quote:
He can jump in front of one of Kabuto's attacks. xD :/
You mean act like a shield? Yeah, but then he gets cut... Plus he might be susceptible to genjutsu.

Kabuto can also go underground to get out of Ningame's way.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Awards Showcase

It seems that I couldn't find Gai saving Kakashi in the manga because it was anime only. I lose in the first round again. I hates the feeling. Why did I have to face Kuro?

Quote:
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

Old 09-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

The 1st Hokage forfeits. The winner of this round is Kuromaki. She will be moving on to the next round.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #11
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Wow that was fast. It's ok First, at least you tried