Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Susano'o Arrow Speed

Just to end all talk of whether or not Sasuke's arrow is really Supersonic I've decided to calculate its actual speed. Feel free to argue with any part of this.
Spoiler:
For the sake of an accurate calc, the following stats will be assumed:

Panel Transition Time (The time it takes for one panel to move to the other): 0.2184313
Sasuke's Height (To scale distances): 168 cm
Website used to measure heights (Is important because different websites blow up the pages to different proportions, PM me for the actual site if you want to check yourself): ****** *******

Okay, with that established, I'll begin the actual calc. Chapter 484, Pages 4-5. It takes two panel transitions for the arrow to reach Kakashi, so that means it traveled whatever the distance was in 0.4368626 seconds. Now, on Panel 1 of Page 5, I measure Sasuke to be about 1/4 of an inch tall. Furthermore, I measured the distance between Sasuke and the impact of the arrow to be about 6 1/4 inches. (Granted both measurements are likely slightly off, since I'm not pressing the ruler right on my computer screen.) Take the distance traveled and divide it by Sasuke's panel height and you get 25. Multiply this by Sasuke's actual height and you get 4,200. So Sasuke's arrow traveled 4,200 centimeters (or 42 meters) in 0.4368626 seconds. Multiply that by 2.2890492 to get the distance traveled in 1 second, and you get 96.140068 meters. So, its speed is 96 m/s. Surprisingly, this is Subsonic, not nearly Supersonic, and not even close to Hypersonic. This means either Sasuke's arrow is really slow or everyone else isn't as fast as people think.


Speed: 96 m/s. Classified as Subsonic.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Beika
Posts: 1,766
Rep Power: 0
Dio Brando is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

I am happy with anything that isn't the speed of sound.

Because that arrow is not at the speed of sound. LOL
__________________
Burning Soul and Clear Mind


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Dio Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Beika
Posts: 1,766
Rep Power: 0
Dio Brando is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Dude you did that so wrong. It takes a lot of Cal and Trig to figure most of that out.
If you have some problems with his then why don't you post your own? :)
__________________
Burning Soul and Clear Mind


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Dio Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Dude you did that so wrong. It takes a lot of Cal and Trig to figure most of that out.
I did that wrong, you say? Please, explain.

Seriously, I'm intruiged by this. I never knew whether I was doing my calcs right because there was no one else on this website to tell me otherwise. So please explain how to do a calc the right why. I'm eager to hear it.

Last edited by deidara330; 09-12-2010 at 09:43 AM.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Then Gated Lee isn't supersonic either. Then Gated Lee is much slower than that so called presumed 96 m/s.

Never mind the fact you are not including Kakashi's statement of how it is too fast.

Your calculation also lowers all Naruto characters in speed too. Which contradicts other things in fact.


If Susanoo Arrow is truly 96 m/s in top tier speed for narutoverse what does that speak for other top tiers and lower?
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo
 
Noctis Arashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Living is not breathing, but doing.
Posts: 26,899
Rep Power: 42
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Now, Kakashi can't insta-kamui.
__________________
~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
______________
Feel free to PM me if you need help with anything.
Noctis Arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio Brando View Post
I am happy with anything that isn't the speed of sound.
Who cares if it was sound breaking or not?


Why does it matter in the first place?
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
What grade are you in?

If I start posting my equations and formals then It might go over you head.
Hmmm, I'll just say that I most likely won't get it. However, you can still post it and I'll see how much I can make sense of.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post

The time it takes for one panel to move to the other): 0.2184313
How do you know that?
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,941
Rep Power: 10
gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

The arrow showed a visible sonic boom when it fired for the FIRST time. That is the reason why it is considered as supersonic....BUT it has never shown any sonic boom whatsoever after that....That includes the Kakashi incident as well......The number of arrows without sonic boom is far greater than one with sonic boom....

I personally think that the one incident with sonic boom should be discarded, as it was never repeated after that....A fluke and nothing else....
__________________
Awesome friends: Vampirecat, TRS, InoSenpai, Maikel Death, lolohwd, Kiseki, Ishtar, Naruto 117


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Then Gated Lee isn't supersonic either. Then Gated Lee is much slower than that so called presumed 96 m/s.

Never mind the fact you are not including Kakashi's statement of how it is too fast.

Your calculation also lowers all Naruto characters in speed too. Which contradicts other things in fact.

If Susanoo Arrow is truly 96 m/s in top tier speed for narutoverse what does that speak for other top tiers and lower?
Actually, Gated Lee is likely faster. The biggest factor in this calc is the fact that it took 2 panel transitions. If it had only taken 1, the arrow would be twice as fast, making for 192 m/s. When Gated, Lee moved great distances in just 1 panel transition. I would calc that, too, if I weren't so lazy.

That was hype. By feats Kakashi could easily have dodged the arrow even if it were Supersonic, because the arrow has a low AoE.

Well, I haven't seen many other Naruto speed calcs, so I could easily be doing it all wrong. But when I do my own my results tend to be less than the accepted speed for the character. I don't understand why, really, that's just what happens.

The other top tiers would probably be in the Subsonic-Transonic range. (By Wikipedia, The lower end of Transonic also fits into Subsonic.) The same effect happens to my calcs of Bleach characters. When I calced Grimmjow's best Resurreccion speed feat, it was a measly Low Supersonic.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,941
Rep Power: 10
gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Then I won't post. I would lose you right when I enter prep Trig mixed with Cal and how and how not making Physic comes in.
Try us, my good Sir.....If you are actually capable of making any such calcs, then I assure you that we will definitely make the effort to understand the same.....
__________________
Awesome friends: Vampirecat, TRS, InoSenpai, Maikel Death, lolohwd, Kiseki, Ishtar, Naruto 117


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Actually, Gated Lee is likely faster. The biggest factor in this calc is the fact that it took 2 panel transitions. If it had only taken 1, the arrow would be twice as fast, making for 192 m/s. When Gated, Lee moved great distances in just 1 panel transition. I would calc that, too, if I weren't so lazy.
Panel transitions aren't the best way of measuring speed. Because they aren't the same in time rate. They are unknown.

Then explain to me why Preskip Kakashi was able to track Preskip Gated Lee movements while Post Skip Kakashi had immense difficulty tracking it even though the arrow was in linear path.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Well, I haven't seen many other Naruto speed calcs, so I could easily be doing it all wrong. But when I do my own my results tend to be less than the accepted speed for the character. I don't understand why, really, that's just what happens.
I recall Zetta calculating Killerbee's mountain speed feat. There is also that infamous multiple FRS calculations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
The other top tiers would probably be in the Subsonic-Transonic range. (By Wikipedia, The lower end of Transonic also fits into Subsonic.) The same effect happens to my calcs of Bleach characters. When I calced Grimmjow's best Resurreccion speed feat, it was a measly Low Supersonic.
Gated Gai 6 and Raikage's speed seems to put that in question.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #14
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
How do you know that?
Chapter 442, Naruto has five seconds before Pain gets his power back. To get a time frame, I took each second and divided it by the number of panel transition between it and the next second. I got widely varying results, so I just took them all and averaged them. That was the number I got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
Then I won't post. I would lose you right when I enter prep Trig mixed with Cal and how and how not making Physic comes in.
All the same, I'd still like to see how a real speed calc is done, even if I don't get it at all.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gama-sennin View Post
The arrow showed a visible sonic boom when it fired for the FIRST time. That is the reason why it is considered as supersonic....BUT it has never shown any sonic boom whatsoever after that....That includes the Kakashi incident as well......The number of arrows without sonic boom is far greater than one with sonic boom....

I personally think that the one incident with sonic boom should be discarded, as it was never repeated after that....A fluke and nothing else....
Sonic booms are for the author's convenience. They can mean that or not. It depends.

Gated Gai didn't show booms yet he is confirmed above sound level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Chapter 442, Naruto has five seconds before Pain gets his power back. To get a time frame, I took each second and divided it by the number of panel transition between it and the next second. I got widely varying results, so I just took them all and averaged them. That was the number I got.All the same, I'd still like to see how a real speed calc is done, even if I don't get it at all.
Do you think the author actually expects to make that sort of calculation.

Never mind the fact each panel isn't the same with each other.

Never mind the fact that 5 seconds only applies to that scenario alone. as Kishimoto clearly intended and showed.

Never mind the fact if we do apply that it massively inflates, deflates every scenarios.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #16
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,045
Rep Power: 0
Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Not all panels are created equal. Autofail.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
As well as the number of panels you have to take in the frames.

Bankai ichgio had one frame that equals 1 panel.

The fox had one Frame well yet it took 5 secs in the Anime when it should off based of his cauls .9090 secs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Not all panels are created equal. Autofail.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
deidara330
Mr. Serious
 
deidara330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere.
Posts: 14,480
Rep Power: 16
deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Do you think the author actually expects to make that sort of calculation.

Never mind the fact each panel isn't the same with each other.

Never mind the fact that 5 seconds only applies to that scenario alone. as Kishimoto clearly intended and showed.

Never mind the fact if we do apply that it massively inflates, deflates every scenarios.
No, then again he doesn't expect to make any calculation. He writes the manga for plot and hype, not feats and calcs.

Well then how can we tell how fast anyone is if there is no consistent time rate?

Inflates and deflates? Could you please provide a link to those speed calcs you mentioned earlier?
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #19
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,941
Rep Power: 10
gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Not all panels are created equal. Autofail.
Agreed...

But what about the sonic boom? Shouldnt it be there to say that a particular thingy is moving at supersonic speed?

Kishi has always used sonic booms to indicate speed...For example, the needle attack by sasori....An entire frame is devoted to close up of the needles showing conical sonic boom....

You got a custom title....
__________________
Awesome friends: Vampirecat, TRS, InoSenpai, Maikel Death, lolohwd, Kiseki, Ishtar, Naruto 117


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #20
Dio Brando
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Beika
Posts: 1,766
Rep Power: 0
Dio Brando is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Susano'o Arrow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Holy I love this emoticon, who made it?
__________________
Burning Soul and Clear Mind


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Dio Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.