Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Arturious is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Why Tobi Being <HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED> Was Right

As a devoted Naruto fan, and reading the manga for the past 8+ years as well as watching the anime I have come to understand the world that Naruto lives in much more clearly. Everything about Naruto is connected, every character in the Naruto world some how in some way is connected to one another. The whole issue that if Tobi was Obito would be a total fail and an injustice to the story of Naruto. This is where those of you who feel that way is wrong in your feelings. I can understand you are upset, but there is a reason to why this decision was the right decision.

Here is an example: Who did Jiraiya have? He Nagato, Konnan, and Yahiko. He had Minato and finally he had Naruto. Lets look at how all these characters shaped up Jiraiya. Being hailed as one of the legendary sannin, he was told by and elder frog that he would travel the world, he would write a book, and he would have a student that would be the destined child of prophecy. Look what happened to him. His master died (sarutobi), the women he loved he couldn't get (Tsunade) his best friend became corrupt (orochimaru). He lost Minato who he considered as a son. He was able to get Minatos flesh and blood and became like a grandfather to him. His first 3 students went crazy, one of them dies, the other two became corrupted. Nagato the one who he previously believed to be the child of prophecy ends up being the one to kill Jiraiya and destroys Konoha. So what happens? Everything from Jiraiyas life and experience is directly conencted to Naruto now. Naruto is the son of Minato, the student of the legendary sannin, who has to go and fight the man who was his masters first student, his master murder, and probably the biggest threat to have happened to konoha since Madara. Every experience and people that Jiraiya interacted with comes back to Naruto.

So why can it not be the same for Kakashi? How would Naruto have been better if Tobi was reveled as being Madara? or Setsuna? Or Kagami, or Izuna? How would any of these characters be an emotional impact to the story. Madara (revenge), Setsuna (revenge), Kagami (who knows), Izuna (revenge) None of this characters would create any emotion at all to the story of Naruto. However having Tobi being Obito was the right decision because it creates that emotional feeling that connected feeling of the characters in the story. Rin the girl who loved Kakashi (sakura and sasuke). Kakashi the cocky little punl (Sasuke). Obito the loving, clumsy, caring, kid who does not give up on others and who loves the girl he cant get (Naruto and Sakura). All of them are connected. The past to the future. There are many sides to this story. But I can say with out a shadow of a doubt that this Tobi is not the same man who attacked Konoha and aided itachi with the slaughtering of the uchiha clan.

The thing not once has Obito sought revenge. Everything he had been saying was repeating Madaras on words and memories. This tells me he was a student of Madaras. What I see here, is a boy who has been corrupted by war just as Nagato was, who lost his way, who learned too much from bad influences and has become what he is today. Let me redirect a quote that Obito said to Kakshi in Kakashi Gaiden "Those who don't care about their companions are even worse than trash. Anyway if i'm that kind of trash, i'll break the rules! If that's not being a true shinobi then i'll crush that idea of a shinobi" Hence The Moon Eye Plan.

Obito's life would have been much different had he met teachers like Jiraiya, Iruka Sensei, and even had Kakashi as a teacher. But in reality his teacher was mostly like Madara and Orochimaru, that only fueled his change. What Obito wants is not what his previous teachers wanted. What he wants is peace, and the only to achieve that peace, is by creating a utopia of a never ending genjutsu. He was our Naruto, exactly like him, his dream, his attitude, his life, the way he looked and dressed the goggles. He is Naruto! This is how it was supposed to be. Just like Nagato who lost his way, and saw himself in Naruto. We see the same in how Obito was once like Naruto.

One more quote before I end this thread.
This quote takes place when Obito is dieing and raving about how great of a ninja Kakash is and gives him is eye "But I can become your eye, and from now on I will see the future..."

And so he has. And so they were connected. From the beginning Tobi was introduced, to the Tobi's identity to the fight that is going on. All of this was destined. This is how it was supposed to be. The past must fight the future.

This is why Tobi Being Obito was the best decision.

Last edited by Arturious; 08-29-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Arturious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why Tobi Being Obito Was Right

I agree from that standpoint, I notice the connection myself,particularly Naruto and Obito, they are exactly the same except Obito wasn't hated when he was younger, and despite that he allowed the hatred to consumed him, though I am now more interest in Tobi's split personality earlier in the series, everyone's issue is the plotholes, such as Tobi being an adult fighting Minato when he should be 14, but it could had possibly be Madara himself at the time.
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Some years ago i thought like you. I couldn't wait until Tobi got revealed as Obito, so that I could explain why that happened.

But then it hit me. They wouldn't care. Me coming into the forum on my high horse, telling them afterwards that it was oh so simple all along, wouldn't impress them.
So I explained it beforehand. So that i might seem smart, but heck, that didn't work well, now they think it was luck.

Funny thing is, noone noticed that I called my theory 'Tobi is obito explanation'. It wasn't intended as a theory, but an attempt to make them understand what was coming.
Bratcipheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
I agree from that standpoint, I notice the connection myself,particularly Naruto and Obito, they are exactly the same except Obito wasn't hated when he was younger, and despite that he allowed the hatred to consumed him, though I am now more interest in Tobi's split personality earlier in the series, everyone's issue is the plotholes, such as Tobi being an adult fighting Minato when he should be 14, but it could had possibly be Madara himself at the time.
There are many things to this story that we do not know yet. What we know though for a fact. That half of Obito's body is messed up, his face is messed up exactly where the boulder had hit him. This is why he probably feels no pain and disregards his body parts in that area. This is also has to do with what zetsu might have done with his body. Maybe Itachi was right when he said "madara was a former shell of himself" Because that madara was the one who helped itachi slaughter the uchiha clan. So that is not impossible to say Madara existed that time.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratcipheo View Post
Some years ago i thought like you. I couldn't wait until Tobi got revealed as Obito, so that I could explain why that happened.

But then it hit me. They wouldn't care. Me coming into the forum on my high horse, telling them afterwards that it was oh so simple all along, wouldn't impress them.
So I explained it beforehand. So that i might seem smart, but heck, that didn't work well, now they think it was luck.

Funny thing is, noone noticed that I called my theory 'Tobi is obito explanation'. It wasn't intended as a theory, but an attempt to make them understand what was coming.
I had theories like that in the past, but this isn't an attempt to prove doubters wrong and help the wounded fans by giving them some type of closure. It was meant to show them that this is the most logical course. It would be really anti-climactic if it was madara, or izuna, or any other old and dead characters. Obito's life and the way he died is still shrouded in mystery because their was no casket he just sunk. Who could say that Zetsu was not there and helped shoulder the weight of the boulder? Where is rin in this? her life is a mystery as well. This is an important note. Madara has no emotional ties to Kakashi or anyone in the ninja world he is too old. But Obito does. this is why is important.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Most people didnt refute the possibility that Obito could have been Tobi.

It's the fact that nobody wanted him to be Tobi cuz it was so damn obvious. If Kishi hadnt made it so obvious I would be mind raped right now instead of "Yeah, we kinda saw this coming since Tobi used his sharingan for the first time"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Nikola Sensei
Ninja Academy Student

Nikola Sensei is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

But Obito's teacher was Minato, and he's nothing alike Orochimary neither Madara...Who knows what happened. He could be easily manipulated by someone, the same way Sasuke is...
Nikola Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Rikudo Sage
Chunin Exam Participant

Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Thus, Naruto using TNJ to Tobi is inevitable.

BTW, We the forumers are the hardcore readers.. We think that Obito being Tobi is stupid and I agree with that. However, we, the hardcore readers are the only ones who think that it's stupid because of many plotholes but the common readers who just kept reading the page then wait for the chapter next week will find Tobi = Obito revelation very surprising and dramatic and those are Kishi's target not us..

we can rant all day long but the majority of the readers which are common readers will really enjoy it.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post

It's the fact that nobody wanted him to be Tobi cuz it was so damn obvious. If Kishi hadnt made it so obvious I would be mind raped right now instead of "Yeah, we kinda saw this coming since Tobi used his sharingan for the first time"
I believe that this is wrong.
What actually happened was this:
The character became interesting when we knew he was the true boss of akatsuki and he then claimed at the same time to be Madara Uchiha.

The second the character became interesting inthe community, was when he said he was Madara.
Now, i discussed a lot with people back then. And absolutely everyone told me "lol nub, he is madara, he said so himself"

Everyone believed it and it was the most obvious thing.
This phenomena directly disproves that tobi-obito being obvious was the reason people didnt want it.

More likely, they truely didn't believe him to be Obito, but when they started to doubt that he was Madara. (Kabuto coffin, then Madara resurection) they knew that they might be wrong.
But they had sworn that it couldn't be Obito, so out of spite, conscious and unconscious, they then didnt want him to be Obito.
They'd believe anything, as long as they wouldn't lose the initial debates where they so happily discouraged tobito theories.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:

It would have been just as obvious if it was madara or anyone else due to the fact that anyone who hates konoha and the uchiha has to be the main cause of it. There were times when i doubted it was obito due to certain things that were going on and due to changes in attitude, speech, and demeanor. The one thing though that always made me come back to terms that it could not be madara or anyone old was due to the fact that he would seem to talk as though he was speaking in third person such as "my power, uchiha madaras power" who the heck would say that? even if it was really madara he would have just said " I am uchiha madara and all will witness my true powers" or something like that.

To the person that said this manga is for those who just read it and wait for the next chapter. That is a ludicrious statement everyone here reads it and tries to disect every meaning out there. Just to understand exactly what is going on.

Again how would the story be any good knowing that a 100+ year old man who is supposed to be dead is still seeking revenge a 100 long vendeta what a wonderful story and emotional character development. The realistic scenario was Obito the un-realistic one was madara.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
naruhinaforeva
Apprentice Genin

Location: is in the fourth great ninja war protecting hinata until naruto gets here
naruhinaforeva has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

no no no

you see tobi is obito because,
1. kakashi left him in a cave and didnt mke sure he was dead
2. the only one who could have known minatos fighting style
3. kakashi was about the same size he is today back during the nine tails attack
4. madara was already dead
5. he did not have the proper sharingan for madara
6. zetsu is "part" of him so he can regen
7. it was the ony option for kishi
8. emotional connection
9. mangyeko sharingan
naruhinaforeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

The Uchiha all have some crazy ticks in their heads. They've always been about revenge/vengeance/etc. Even going all the way up to the Sage's son. the only exception is Itachi and the fodder children. Madara getting revenge even after so long didn't seem to far off to me. That village ruined his whole life, and you expect him to just get over it? and considering the hype of his power I believed it coulda been him. Except he never used any MS jutsu.

Anyway, It was too obvious. Not just to me. That would explain the butt tons of fanart of Obito having the orange mask. Even my friggin 11 year old cousin whose only connection to naruto was: Naruto Storm Generations. Yet he came to me and said "I KNOW WHO TOBI IS, HE'S OBITO" And this is BEFORE the war. Tobi was still Maddy back then.

Again, I woulda been completely fine with Obito bein Tobi, he just made it so obvious and left too many clues that made it.. bland..

And there are those readers who just... Read. Hell that was me at some point. I thought everything was just awesome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
naruhinaforeva
Apprentice Genin

Location: is in the fourth great ninja war protecting hinata until naruto gets here
naruhinaforeva has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

i wish that jariya would hve been ressurected
naruhinaforeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Quote:
The Uchiha all have some crazy ticks in their heads. They've always been about revenge/vengeance/etc. Even going all the way up to the Sage's son. the only exception is Itachi and the fodder children. Madara getting revenge even after so long didn't seem to far off to me. That village ruined his whole life, and you expect him to just get over it? and considering the hype of his power I believed it coulda been him. Except he never used any MS jutsu.

Anyway, It was too obvious. Not just to me. That would explain the butt tons of fanart of Obito having the orange mask. Even my friggin 11 year old cousin whose only connection to naruto was: Naruto Storm Generations. Yet he came to me and said "I KNOW WHO TOBI IS, HE'S OBITO" And this is BEFORE the war. Tobi was still Maddy back then.

Again, I woulda been completely fine with Obito bein Tobi, he just made it so obvious and left too many clues that made it.. bland..

And there are those readers who just... Read. Hell that was me at some point. I thought everything was just awesome
Then you are one of the butthurt ones. If you had just read everything now, without never been into a forum or chat. You'd think this is totally awesome.

Your predictions slowly turned it what you want to happen, not what you think would happen.

Think about it logically, if everything happened as you wanted it to happen, you would technically be able to write the manga. All those people here on this site, do you think they have what it takes to create a good manga?If they had a team that drew it? I bet less than 1%.
Most stories would turn out total random trash. Therefore most people being wrong on this is only logical.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
ObitoUchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Tobi Being <HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED> Was Right

Ehh, I'll admit to predicting what I want. I just don't whine if I'm wrong.

I feel sometimes like a writer. I pick what would make for a good story.

(^ ^)/)))
/_!_\ Hidan to Kakuzu: Draw me like one of your RICH girls...

Quote:
Wrinkles makes Obito tingle (#^.^#)
Official Co-leader of the Official
FC!

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your signature
ObitoUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
Arturious
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Then you are one of the butthurt ones. If you had just read everything now, without never been into a forum or chat. You'd think this is totally awesome.

Your predictions slowly turned it what you want to happen, not what you think would happen.

Think about it logically, if everything happened as you wanted it to happen, you would technically be able to write the manga. All those people here on this site, do you think they have what it takes to create a good manga?If they had a team that drew it? I bet less than 1%.
Most stories would turn out total random trash. Therefore most people being wrong on this is only logical.
Exactly, when you write a mange or any sort of comic you must have the following, creativity, the ability to draw well, and the ability to tell a story and allow it to unfold in each chapter. Kishimoto is that type of talent that you wont see alot.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

Then you don't know me at all. And well, you don't. I joined this forum in 2009 for the sole purpose of playing naruto clash of ninja rev 3. I didn't even touch the TB till like last year I already had my tobito theories. To me, it was to obvious to be exciting.

And no, I didn't give a damn about who Tobi was until we learned he wasn't Madara. I felt it would be boring if it was Obito. It's like watching a movie. If you see everything coming its not as entertaining. At least to me.

Anyway there are also so many plotholes with Obito. I'm still waiting for the explanation though. One of the plotholes being how the hell he can control the frggin full power kyuubi from a young age. You saw how much of a loser he was

I never said I wanted to change everything the way I wanted it to be Do you know what criticism is?

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-29-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturious View Post
Exactly, when you write a mange or any sort of comic you must have the following, creativity, the ability to draw well, and the ability to tell a story and allow it to unfold in each chapter. Kishimoto is that type of talent that you wont see alot.
I can name twenty mangakas on the top of my head that have more talent in one toe than Kishimoto now has in his entire body and are still in his generation.

Naruto is far from perfection.
Quote:
All those people here on this site, do you think they have what it takes to create a good manga?If they had a team that drew it? I bet less than 1%.
Please report to the Fan Fiction forum bay for immediate insults.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

*cough* ODAAAA *cough*

Actually don't respond to this I'd rather not have a OP vs Naruto debate things tend to get a little too heated

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-29-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
*cough* ODAAAA *cough*

Actually don't respond to this I'd rather not have a OP vs Naruto debate things tend to get a little too heated
There is no way you're going to have a OP vs Naruto debate here. One Piece has already won, and overwhelmingly, I might add. Sales, critical acclaim, fanbase, merchandise, awards, etc etc.

I was talking more along the lines of the mangakas of NEGIMA, The World God Only Knows, Noblesse, Beelzebub, 20th Century Boys, Great Teacher Onizuka, Fullmetal Alchemist, Mirai Nikki, Hunter X Hunter, The Tower of God, Vinland Saga, Vagabonds, Shaman King, Hellsing, et cetera et cetera.

Even Tite Kubo was better than Kishimoto when he knew what he was doing and wasn't pressured by his fanbase. Just look at the Society Arc and first half of the Fullbring Arc, for instance.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote