Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 08-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Sasuke3177
Ninja Academy Student

Sasuke3177 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default ~~~Tobi = Obito EXPLAINED~~~

Alright, I hereby copyright this theory at the time of being written of 8/30/2012 1:23AM PST

First of all, this theory I title the "Tobi Hair Theory"

When Obito was crushed by the boulder, gave his left Sharingan to Kakashi, and was declared dead by the Leaf Village, and Minato's team finally left... A still-alive Madara had found Obito, restored his body through unknown means (likely Zetsu/Senju powers) and took him on as an apprentice, shared his goals and power with Obito, possibly corrupting Obito with the idea of a false peace. Obito would eventually have found out that Kakashi couldn't protect Rin... Kakashi broke his promise. I think this helped Madara essentially brain-wash Obito to help him with his goal. This likely enraged Obito.

At the point of the Nine-Tails attack and the fight with Minato Tobi had already used the power of Kamui, so it is safe to assume Madara had taught him how to use it at this point in time. Obito was behind the mask during this attack, because Kamui was absolutely necessary for this. But notice something! Tobi's hair was short at this point in time, obviously like Obito's. But during the Uchiha Massacre and the Mizukage control, it was long.

I think Obito and Madara SHARED the name of Tobi, and did something when their power was needed for it. Madara would've been better at controlling, so he took the job for the Mizukage, and Obito would've had no motive to assassinate the clan, so Madara did that one too. Obito also was like not born when Tobi gave Nagato the Rinnegan, so Madara did that part plus creating Akatsuki. I believe the Mizukage controlling took place shortly before the beginning of Part I, so Madara died before or during Part I, but after the Mizukage controlling, which I'm not sure where it fits into the timeline, but he was alive to find Obito for sure. So Madara is dead by Part I, which is why everytime we've seen Tobi in Part II, he had short hair. Madara was dead and Obito took the spot as Tobi full time.

Now before you bash on me because this is all about hair, I also thought saying Tobi = Obito was stupid over similarities in the hair, but the way his mask only revealed his right eye, comments made towards Kakashi, and the bolts seen on his body was my evidence years ago that he was Obito. In most recent chapters Kishi secured the fact that it was Obito with some dialogue said by Tobi...

Examples:
"I told you not to open your mouth so easily!"
"You've lived a life full of regrets!"
"I want a world where heroes don't need to make pitiful excuses in front of graves!"
"I'm not afraid of your borrowed power!".

I created this theory recently after Kishi secured Tobi = Obito, and I believe it is a near flawless theory, and I hope everybody agrees too.

Last edited by Sasuke3177; 08-30-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Sasuke3177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Fuuin
Genin Elite

Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Fuuin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: ~~~Tobi = Obito EXPLAINED~~~

That last paragraph of yours at the very bottom undermines your whole post by screaming "I need to feel right plz agree!"
Fuuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
Sasuke3177
Ninja Academy Student

Sasuke3177 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuin View Post
That last paragraph of yours at the very bottom undermines your whole post by screaming "I need to feel right plz agree!"
Not to flame, but that was a very stupid post. If you make a theory and think it's good, chances are you want people to find some probability in it? Are you another Tobi = Obito hater? You can kindly get off my thread if that's all the input you have.

Last edited by Sasuke3177; 08-30-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Sasuke3177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
snakeboy
Freshmen Academy Student

snakeboy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I need to say it. You may have already realized but still i must mention it.

How Obito managed to fight against Minato?

Obito S/T allows him to enter a different dimensions. Therefore time could easily pass either faster or slower depending on his goals. I believe that he trained (maybe with Madara) in his dimensions until he was strong enough to control the Kyuubi - or just waiting until the time was right.
snakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madara, man, manga, masked, naruto, obito, shippuden, tobi