Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Western Comics and Animation

Western Comics and Animation Show your love for art from the lands of the setting sun!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
rocketjed1
Special Jonin Candidate

rocketjed1 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Scott Pilgrim

The Scott Pilgrim series is about a 23 year old guy who meets the girls of his dreams (literally). After he starts to date this girl, Ramona, he quickly discovers that if he is to date her he must defeat her seven evil exes. This series is full of action, romance, drama, sarcasm, and all together awesomeness.

Has anyone else read it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rocketjed1; 08-13-2010 at 05:06 PM.
rocketjed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Scott Pilgrim

I haven't read it, but I saw the movie and loved it.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Kazuki Dekiru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I read the first volume and while I really liked it, it has been a while since I last read it. And since then, the only thing I could clearly remember was an 8 year-old Asian drummer in some "battle of the bands" segment randomly giving the middle finger while smiling.
Kazuki Dekiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
rocketjed1
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
I haven't read it, but I saw the movie and loved it.
I saw the movie also. It was good. The first half follows the comic, but after that it sorta goes off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketjed1 View Post
I saw the movie also. It was good. The first half follows the comic, but after that it sorta goes off.
Does it? I haven't read the comics, so I wouldn't know. How does the ending differ from the comic version?
Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
rocketjed1
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Does it? I haven't read the comics, so I wouldn't know. How does the ending differ from the comic version?
There's a longer more intense battle with Gideon. Actually, it's like that with all the exes except Mathew (first ex). And the mini battle that Ramona and Knives had actually happened in book 2. And Knives doesn't help with the battle against Gideon.

Last edited by rocketjed1; 08-13-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketjed1 View Post
There's a longer more intense battle with Gideon. Actually, it's like that with all the exes except Mathew (first ex). And the mini battle that Ramona and Knives actually happened in book 2. And Knives doesn't help with the battle against Gideon.
Really? Well, I suppose they would have to shorten the fights to fit them all into the movie, and I liked what they did with Knives fighting Gideon. I think that the movie will probably end up much more popular than the comic books.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
rocketjed1
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Really? Well, I suppose they would have to shorten the fights to fit them all into the movie, and I liked what they did with Knives fighting Gideon. I think that the movie will probably end up much more popular than the comic books.
It might become more popular, but when it comes to the actual story line, comic wins.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #9
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I didn't know it was a book but I really, really want to see the move. What's-his-face is a cool guy.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
Uchiha_Itachi
Chunin Exam Participant

Uchiha_Itachi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Never read the comics, but after seeing the movie Im definetely going to. Its funny how the powers and fighting is normal in his world. Such an epic movie. Im sure the comics are even better.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

nuu, I wanna seee. D= And not just cuz micheal cera's in it (though that's a plus. xDD).

I had no idea it was actually a comic book series, though that does make a lot of sense. xD its awesome that the movie seems like it was as good as the previews made it look, even judging by the original series - usually its really hard to live up to the original.

so now i want to see it even moreee! xD
itasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
L_Lawliet
Chunin

L_Lawliet is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Have not read the comics, but I downloaded the game and it rocks! I want to see the movie tomorrow with my friends.

Help me on Legend of Korra's
!
L_Lawliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It was ok. Although the fight's are entertaining it's was difficult to cheer on Scott Pilgrim as I saw him being a total jerk with him dating Knives despite her being too young and
then dumping her because he had the hots for the random Ramona girl he just met.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
Tsukinomai
Special Jonin Candidate

Tsukinomai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I want to see the movie Micheal Cera is a funny actor. Plus I didn't know that it was a comic either. ._.

Tsukinomai

Tsukinomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I loved the movie and the comics.

EVERYONE is a douche and hurts people in their 18-23 years. I found all the characters to be both human AND believable.

The acting was quite honestly above par and it struck a huge cord with my inner geek.

I was OK with the adaptations made for the movie. This had better become a cult hit, as it was the most fun I have had in the theaters in like 7 years.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
Chuckness
Chunin

Chuckness is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Oh, man, was that a great movie. I actually enjoyed it better than Avatar. Well, I also thought that the comics are awesome (although I've only read book one...). It's too bad the movie's being pushed out of theaters because of Stone Cold fanboys and people who want to see 9 EXTRA MINUTES OF NOT-NEEDED SCENES in Avatar.

(Good golly gosh, 9 whole extra minutes! That's totally worth paying $9 and then paying $5.99 for glasses that I have to throw away after!)

Chuckness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #17
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Kieran Culkin totally stole that movie for me, he was so awesome.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

parodys dont ya love em

Spoiler:
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
junchurikioftheleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #19
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post

EVERYONE is a douche and hurts people in their 18-23 years. I found all the characters to be both human AND believable.

The acting was quite honestly above par and it struck a huge cord with my inner geek.

I was OK with the adaptations made for the movie. This had better become a cult hit, as it was the most fun I have had in the theaters in like 7 years.

I call bull on this. I wouldn't pretend to date someone (like Scott Pilgrim was doing with the "Knives" girl) because I had some self-pity party
due to a break up. Then again maybe that's why I'm not in relationship...
because I'm not a complete self centered jerk. But yeah, great moral
of a story: If you are a selfish douche who needs to grow a pair you'll
definitely get the girl of your dreams.

By the way I'm not trying to toot my own horn. I've plenty of flaws.
But I'm not the type of person to use somebody for their own interests.
In fact I'm much more the person to get toyed with. I am dumb like that.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
MysticGoten
Special Jonin Candidate

MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post

Ditto.
MysticGoten is offline   Reply With Quote