Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Nuchey
Freshmen Academy Student

Nuchey is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Do you think NS has too many fillers?

Title says it all. personally I think there are too many, A few wouldnt matter, but when an entire episode is a filler it kind of sucks.
Discuss
Nuchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
thenewguy
Apprentice Genin

thenewguy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Do you think NS has too many fillers?

yes there are too many fillers shouldn't be longer than 10 episodes
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Zabuza345
Chunin

Zabuza345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Eh, It's got about as many fillers as Bleach, or DBZ. I can only count 2 or 3 major Fillers that are about 10-20 episodes, I'm discounting the various Gaidens as there part off the back-story and arn't technically starting an irrevilant arc that doesn't affect the main plot.

The Only filler I didn't like so far was the Tailed Gaiden before the Pein invasion arc; The rest are alright to watch.
Zabuza345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Belive it !
Apprentice Genin

Belive it ! saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

nah,look back at the original naruto...it probably has double the fillers shippuden has

Member of the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Playstation3 ID:RAG3D397
Xbox360 ID: xTOSx RAG3D
(if ur gonna add me,mention that ur from the forum)

Belive it ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
uzumakisgirl
Chunin Exam Participant

uzumakisgirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

yeah i dont like fillers a lot

;] love naruto dont mess with him !
My dream is to become hokage -Naruto uzumaki -
naruhina fan 100%
You make mistakes... but... because of those mistakes... you get the strength to stand up to them... that's why I think you are truly strong."cute
kiba,naruto,sugetsu.hot =sasuke
uzumakisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Yeah the fillers now are crap.. I like the fillers before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
One-Tailed Shukaku
Banned

One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Well the four season long fillers in original series were more fillers than all of the separate ones in NS combined

It all depends if you prefer them to all be together in a 2 year long thing or for them to be spread out like in NS
One-Tailed Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
dozntmatter
Freshmen Academy Student

dozntmatter is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think the issue is more that the choice of storyline for the fillers generally sucks . Like the current Iruka fillers: How many times do I need to see the same scenes from Naruto's past; it's ridiculous.

But instead of just complaining, here's an example for what they should've done for a filler at this point of the anime:

Instead of basically reshowing Naruto's childhood AGAIN, they could've done like a mirror reality sort of history where Iruka DIDN'T help Naruto and Naruto becomes evil and destroys the village as an adult or something... (juxtaposing how Naruto just saved the village before the fillers started) Basically like a 'what if Naruto hated the village' storyline.

That would be awesome, has plenty of room for action, and I would watch it with interest. Why don't they think of better fillers
dozntmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
T0bit0
Freshmen Academy Student

T0bit0 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

The two filler episodes sandwiched in the Pain arc just to promote the 4th Shippuden movie were unforgivably bad but I'll just pretend those never happened. Otherwise, the filler has actually been pretty strong in terms of character development.

For example:

Spoiler:
The Sora arc really sets you up for Asuma's death, as you get to know him and his relationship with the 3rd as well as a little bit of his past. It just makes the fact that he dies even more sad. The filler with that girl Hotaru and the forbidden jutsu was cool too because it sets you up to make the Naruto-finding-about-Jiraya's-death scenes more sad as well, not to mention it makes you hate Pain a bit more. So IMO these fillers have been far more purposeful than the ones in the original Naruto which were mostly garbage.
T0bit0 is offline   Reply With Quote