Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

View Poll Results: which story should I continue here? Which are you more interested in?
Story one 0 0%
Story two 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via MSN to Danielle Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle
Default Of Dreams and Prophecy

An overview: I recently had an odd dream that gave a rare abundance of inspiration. It is the most coherent dream to date and may ever have with the potential of a book. Though the character development will seem lax and it probably won't make sense, it was interesting enough to continue after thrice waking this morning. For me, a lot happens within a dream, and these are the most chronological of the events, the most that made sense and seemed to fit with each other. Tell me what you think?

Dream:
Spoiler:

They drove along the highway until they hit the square of downtown, a place made up of tall buildings made of steel and glass. Along the way they passed the child's old school, mountains, and foothills she had known in her youth. When they arrived in the glass city, they searched diligently, nay, urgently for something vitally important. The girl only had some knowledge, very limited knowledge of what building they searched for. But she did know the grave importance of the organization that laid beyond its door of silver gilded wings.

They were too late, the Phoenix had come after her when she and the man who was charged to guard her separated. The man had done so, thinking he had left her safe, but the Phoenix is cunning, he knew where to find the other half of his soul. When he and the girl first encountered, it was a moment of awe. There he stood; Tall, thin, an amazingly handsome young man with short dark hair, piercing dark eyes. -Angel? Vampire? Demon?- Myths flowed around the child's head, though this man was something more than these beings; And at the same time less as his full powers rested with the soul only if it remained intact with her body; Young, though she was, he observed, not a day over 20 years old.

She was frightened and tried to fight of the demon as he succumbed to his own weakness. He had been compelled to taste her blood as his soul found contact with hers, the longing in his eyes flitted between them. The woman child, what sweeter nectar could not be taken from the freshest fruit! But she had her wits about her; She was intelligent, and already vastly skilled at magic they both held in common; though she was not as trained as he.

She escaped through the window of the five story building. Afraid he may pursue, she strongly considered jumping; though she dared not try as she knew she could not master her emotions enough to fly, or float for that matter. Instead, she scaled the ledge of the building until she reached a ground level patio as the ledge was a downward incline. But before she reached the patio, she hazard a glance behind her and saw the handsome man smile in a knowing way. This frighted and saddened her, for she could not believe him as evil as he was made out to be. She cried for him because she didn't want this to turn out the way the prophecy meant it to-But she feared him because she knew him to be cunning, sly and more of a master of himself than she. He has had centuries, she had had these past three weeks.

---------------------------------------Ten Days Later(in dream time)--------------------------

After a battle between the organization that had rushed to her aid, and the followers of the Phoenix, the girl was left in considerable peace. She was able to go on with daily life and continue school; But with the heavy cloud that always loomed over head. For though the young of the organization rejoiced in their victory, the girl and the elders knew better. For the latter it was experience, for the former it was like a part of her soul had grown attached. How very dangerous this was, she knew the next encounter could spell the end of the world mankind had known, for that is what was foretold of the prophecy. An end time would take place with the arrival of the Phoenix King; When his soul was fused with the Queen of earth and sea, a combination of earth, fire, wind and water would destroy the world.

One day, at school, he appeared again. On his face was a smirk, and his eyes told her everything, she knew what he was about to do. There were many who knew the old legend and would gladly allow him to take them, body and soul, into himself; Though they had not the magic required and would surly parish. It was his aim, thus, to pull on her heart and torture her compassion. As she fought with the decision, the old sage(who was her guide), tried to find a way to avoid this disaster without having to hand her self forward. But, as the thread bracelet around her wrist grew steadily from pure white to blood red, and as the crowed slowly took eager notice of the Phoenix, she knew instinctively what to do. She raised her wrist high into the air; the magic that had been collecting in the bracelet allowed her to move forward into the crowed, while only seen and heard by him. She said she would go with him if he should leave these people be. He only smiled and embraced her gently, whispering " Not so easily will I have you. I will have you, but not thus..."

Everything went black and she felt a heavy weight leave her. When she next awoke, she felt light headed and went off to shower. She felt very calm and peaceful. She thought of her family, how nice and cozy was her home with it's clutter of books and mismatched furniture though it was always so clean. Oddly, though, she felt there was something she was forgetting.

When she got out of the shower and pulled on a towel, she heard the signs of her mother and sister stirring. She went to enter the rooms she and her sister occupied, but was confronted with a frightened younger sister.

"Be away phantom! do not enter here!" She said.

"But it is I, your sister!"

"I see only a phantom!"

When she finally registered what the younger one was saying everything came flooding back. She knew at once what must have happened. She knew she had to get her sister to believe her so she convinced her to open the door and called for the cat. The cat neither ran nor listened. The girl knew one thing to be true, some how he had separated her from her body yet she was still living and able to converse with the living. She lifted up the cat and it cuddled with the invisible force that held it off the bed. This made the younger girl believe it was really her as the cat only liked the older girl to pick him up in such a way. However, her mother would have no patience with this business and hastily bid her adieu when first her guard came for her to initially protect her in the beginning. Now that she had no physical body she was in fits to get her gone. When the girl explained it may have that her head was detached and that that may be the cause of lack of body, it was the last of it the woman would take. She was expelled from the house and bade not to return. She had no choice but to go looking for her detached body.

She searched many long hours in the city for that spot once mentioned as highly spiritual. Her first sense of it was a man who looked her way and immediately averted his eyes. She had caught this action and hurried after the old, hunched man, begging for information. He tried to hurry away, shaking his hands muttering that he "couldn't" "not his interest" "didn't know". She was finally able to appeal to him in her despair and he took pity on her, allowed for her to know the man she sought had been keeping a business; A doctors office upstairs and below, a store of magical artifacts. She made him a promise to keep his confidence and he wished her all the luck and bowed away.

When she found the shop, the tall man was immediately distinguishable. She knew her appearance was odd and knew that to call out would give unwanted notice. She then observed how the patrons may not notice a wondering spirit if they were looking at the finery of the shop. Treasures were more interesting than ghosts. She knew then that she would have to casually make her way to his side, close enough to whisper without being overheard. She then began to browse a self, pretending to be interested in its wares, all the while keeping him in her sights. She noticed when he interacted with his patrons, it was with an indifference carefully shrouded in false interest. But as she got closer to him she noticed a slow smirk on his beautiful face, and his dark eyes.

When he finally freed himself from a gaggle of girls under the pretense of restocking a shelf, she carefully maneuvered around the end and to his side pretending to become interested in the vials housed there. She ran a finger along a vial while looking sideways long enough to to know he was waiting anxiously, yet coolly continuing to stock selves.

"I know what you did to me and I am here..." She started but was interrupted.

"Oh, you know do you? Here I thought I was being clever. Yet, I have nothing to fear of you, spirit forms are so weak." He said as he turned to face her tossing her a vial lightly. She caught it, and with a level of amazement to both of them, it did not fall to the floor.

"I do know that this place is highly spiritual, and this is all the proof I needed. I am here for my body and am prepared to make a bargain." She said.

She looked him straight in the eyes and was slightly wounded to see what the amusement had done to them. It made him all the handsomer and younger looking.

"I have grown tired of playing with you. What bargain can a woman child, only barely begun training in arts I have known for centuries, offer to me? Me, the Phoenix!"

He looked dangerous now, but she knew he wouldn't risk such common company of a store know who he truly was. And she also knew he was far from want to end his so called game. It there, in his eyes, the truth; his fear, his want of her, and something more. He looked more human in these few moments, and she knew it was she who had the upper hand.

"The truth of it, is that you know full well you need me. Why else would you have only incapacitated my body and not kill me outright. We are so thoroughly connected that if you die, I would die-if you kill me you kill yourself. I may not be as practiced in our ancient magics as you, but I still posses the same knowledge of history as you. You fear me, I fear you, yet there are...there is something more, isn't there?"

Here she paused, confused. She had unsettled him as she meant to, but her heart took up its ache for him with a stronger beat before. She glanced at him and waited for the amusement to return, for he also looked hurt. When a little light returned she continued with a determined air.

"I have come to retrieve my body, full ready with a bargain. You will hear me out and do as I ask; For, what I offer, is exactly what you came here for."

She stood tall and determined to be brave while his countenance darkened and an arrogant air took him. A furry roused deep in his chest as he motioned her to follow him to the far wall of the shop. He pointed to an intricately crafted gold/silver tiara that glistened on a shelf.

"That is the crown of a princesses whose power is matured and fully realized. It is what I saw when you first used your magic when we first met! You will not stand here and tell me it is meaningless by allowing me to immediately have all it is I desire of you!"

Amazed with the heat he spoke with; and with such a beautiful, delicate but strong creature she was, he tried to calm himself long enough to look her in the eyes again. "I will restore you your body, but I will not take your offer. You may know all you claim to know, but you do not know my own heart."

She turned away to conceal her tears, and slowly looked into his face, alighted with a kindness she had never expected. It was all so very confusing, for he was not the evil she was told to expect. It was perhaps this mutual understanding that lead her to trust him enough to remain at his side as he lead her out of his store; and what allowed him to have her so near without the weight of the prophecy on his shoulders.

Chapter One:
Spoiler:

The girl tossed and turned all, hardly able to sleep while yesterday's events played through her head. It had all been the most absurd story she had ever heard, and she has heard some odd things. She shifted under her covers to sneak a covert look at her alarm clock; "four thirty? Already?" She sighed as she read the digits. Maybe a nice, warm shower before they came to collect her, to set her mind at ease? She really wished her mother had not been so willing to let them take her like this. After all, it's not like she believed any of it herself. Why must her mother feel as if this is entirely her fault?She got in and let the warm water wash over her like a summer breeze. As she relaxed and began to unwind, the days events snaked their way to the fore of her mind.

Two men had come to the door during lunch. One of them was considerably young, though he held himself with a grace that suggested a great age. He had fine sharp, golden blond hair, and was quite tall. The second man was older and shorter, but commanded a greater deal of respect in appearance, and caught one quite off guard with his sharp blue eyes. They stared around the kitchen and breakfast nook (which took up much of the first portion of the house) for a while. It was a nice enough room, plenty spacious and bright. On one counter, nearest the door, stood a white and blue porcelain milk pitcher filled with several yellow flowers. All in all, it had the look of a well cared for home. Her mother and owner of the fine home, however, did not look so lovely at the moment.Quite the contrary; she looked ready to explode with rancor at the gentlemen that had let themselves in, and without a proper introduction no less. Her eldest steeped in right then to spare the men her mothers fury.

"Would you gentlemen like some coffee? Only, I was just about to put the tea on, it would be no trouble." She said with a small smile.

"Thank you, that would be most welcome. Madam," the older man turned back to the mother, " might we retire to your sitting room? We have some very important matters to discuss with you. We would like for this to be kept private, as it is business of a highly sensitive nature." He said as he bowed to the girl's mother, displaying much better manners.

" All right then, bring these gentlemen their coffee; then I want you to take yourself and sister to the market." She nodded curtly to her children as she showed the men into the sitting room.

She remember what happened next quite clearly. When she had taken the coffee tray laid with small cakes and biscuits into the visitors, she noticed them staring for a moment before they looked away. Their eyes betrayed a rather strange array of emotions for a couple of strangers. She wondered to herself what they could have meant by it. She didn't have very long to sit there in thought though, as her mothers cleared her throat at that moment. "Sorry mom, I am going."

"The list and pounds are on the counter, get busy." And with that she knew she was dismissed. As her mother was particularly formidable, it was advisable to do something with out a reminder.

Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danielle finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Of Dreams and Prophecy

As with everything I write, I am at a stand still and have started something different.The other one has three chapters. >.>

Old 08-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

There's no title.

Part One:
Spoiler:
I ran up the corridor as fast as I could; Faster than I have ever ran. I was damned if anything were to happen to her on my watch. The fear in my heart was palpable and hurt more than any physical pain I could ever bare. ~Corrine, I vowed to protect you. It cannot end this way. ~ I finally came upon the Corrine’s door-~The Queen’s private drawing room. ~ I tried to catch my breath, though sharp and painful.

In between breaths I could hear a solemn, melancholy song. A girl’s voice, the Queen still possessed- Soft yet sharp, happy and sad. I knocked on the chamber door, wondering silently to myself, where the sudden politeness came from on my part. The door creaked open and a sliver of light found its way into my eyes. How glorious the morning, almost too horribly macabre.

“Madam Corrine, your majesty?” This too, surprised me. This sudden meekness as I barley uttered a whisper. Yet, she had heard me.

“Come in, Joshua. You know you are always welcome” how Soft her voice, how sad and proud.

“Your majesty?” I entered her drawing Room and though the matter was pressing, I could not help but stop and regard the magnificent chamber.

Though the winter home was stone and cobble, it was amazingly warm. The walls had been plastered recently, and painted red. Also, they were lined with many bookcases, shelved with books upon books, scrolls, maps, and small trinket boxes here and there. It wasn’t a big room, compared with others in the castle, but it had generous spacing; Space suitable for all the fine furniture and to fit half a dozen fully grown people comfortably. She had personally decorated the chamber with flowers and delicate vases.

As me eyes roamed about the room I noticed a large canvas set by the Queen’s chair. On the canvas was a freshly painted garden: Tall trees of dark and light greens, covered in finely painted olive green vines; Fields of deep purple, red, blue, and orange wildflowers and a dazzling creek. It almost seemed real. Imagine my shock when I saw a bird fly from one tree to another. I rubbed my eyes and peered at the painting once more. Absolute stillness, as if the painting knew I was watching. Realizing where I was, I snapped back and turned to the Queen.

“Your highness, some terrible gossip I came across on my rounds in the courtyards! A Fairy talking with the Elf-child had said your time had come, that you were leaving the world this afternoon. But when I heard I thought, how ridiculous! Her Highness was neither ill, nor was she cursed with any enemies. Then I thought, perhaps some Imp might threaten your Highness and rushed here to your side. “

I looked into her eyes full of amusement and then sudden sadness. Perhaps I sought something else in those eyes. I found no comfort.

“You will not find consolation where you seek it, my dear Joshua. You will find no indication of a rumor either. It is true, what the fairy said. But it is not an enemy, nor curse that comes to claim my life. Do not mourn so, lovely Joshua. Perchance you are too young still, to properly understand.”

I felt tears well up in my eyes and an agonizing sense of helplessness.

“But my Queen, you are too young, too fair! How could something claim you when you have only begun to rule your kingdom? Is there nothing I can do? No cure to administer?” I was weeping like a child.

“Dear, sweet Joshua of only 20yrs of this world, I am 200 years on this world. 150 years as your princess, and only 10 years as Queen. Everyone’s time comes sooner or later. Find solace in this. It is true, most rulers live longer than I, but this war has exhausted me and…”

“War, my Queen?”

She Sighed and continued on. “Dear heart, yes. It is possible, I suppose, that you have not heard, for this I am sorry. A member of my personal guard ought to be kept informed. Do forgive me Joshua.”

“Forgive you, your Highness? I haven’t the right. I have failed-“

“No, it is I who has failed you. Worry not though; after my passing you will be fully informed. I haven’t the strength or time just now. The hour is approaching.”

I knelled at her feet and wept. There was just so much I had not known. I had had no inkling as to her true age or outside conflicts. I had been plucked out of the fields at age 15; no education, just stories. She laid her hand on my head and stroked my hair, comforting me as my mother once did. For an hour we sat, Queen and servant, friend and ally, when she stood up and added new brush strokes to the painting. There was now a tower by a glistening lake and a cottage. I stood as well and walked over to Corrine, admiring her talent.

“It is a beautiful picture, my Queen.”

“Thank you Joshua. Almost like a fairytale, no?”

She turned to look at me with a caring, child like smile. Then, all of a sudden there was a burst of light from the window and a rush of butterflies throughout the room and around Corrine. I could hardly move as the winds from their wings surrounded the room. And as quickly as it began, it stopped. Looking around frantically, I had expected the room to be in ruins, but everything was as it was moments before. A calm and finality permeated every fiber of the chamber and my being. I searched for Corrine and found her nowhere, and then my eyes fell on the painting. There she was! Eyes glittering as she waved farewell, the butterflies guiding her to her tower and cottage by the lake. Smaller and smaller, her figure became until the painting had dried and she had arrived at the cottage. Smoke billowed out of the chimney then stopped mid-air. Queen Corrine was no longer of this world.

(Third edit's the charm)

Last edited by Danielle; 08-12-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Chapter one

Spoiler:
Part II A Small Fraction of Chapter One

Sean woke up with a sweat drenched start. For the last two years he has been having the same odd dreams and every time the ending woke him up. They were severely disconnected as well; though, they did make sense as he slept. That’s normal for dreams, he thought, but these are things most people tell themselves when they know the contrary to be true.

He slowly rolled over in bed, dreading the time the digits on his clock would tell him. Well, ten minutes before the alarm goes of wasn’t so bad, he thought. “At least I won’t have to hear that damned buzzing.” Punch, shuffle, creak. Sean stretched and yawned his way to the shower. Lucky that he should get the Dorm loft and private bath. Who ever had paid his tuition must be really fond of him. Twenty-two years old, no family, job less; Yep, Sean was a great contributor to his community. Oh well, school’s better than nothing.

Slowly, he got undressed, discarding his night shirt and shorts on an ever growing pile of neglected laundry. He didn’t like being so tired, he hadn’t even stayed up late and eight am wasn’t exactly considered early. Must have been that dream. Strange, it always had the same four beings in it. Two who seemed like they’d belonged in a child’s fairytale book, and two seemingly normal people. “Enough!” he said and turned on the cold water faucet thinking that he could freeze the dream away.

After about twenty minutes in the bathroom he emerged fully dressed and with wet hair. He was wearing a clean white t-shirt, blue button up collared shirt and a of pair clean jeans. He looked around the dorm, almost like he was unsure of what he was looking for. There wasn’t much to the room it’s self and Sean hadn’t ever really owned any possessions. The loft had rustic looking wooden walls, maybe red wood, and hard wood floors. The ceiling was plastered and could probably stand a good white washing. On the floors there were a few area rugs coloured in reds, greens and bronze and patterned in a Middle Eastern style. The furnishings, though modern, were decidedly humble as well. A simple wooden desk: big enough for computer, printer and writing space. A table in between the bed and desk housed a few text books and a small trinket box that he couldn’t open. On the far wall across from the bed stood a bookcase and a closet. On the selves there were mostly just text books and books he teachers thought he ought to read someday, sooner if they got their way. His benefactor, though he never met him, also sent him a whole closet full of new cloths; t-shirts, button-up collar shirts, jeans, black slacks, dress shoes, sneakers and sandals. He ate at the cafeteria so there wasn’t any real need for any sort of appliances, which left the loft pretty spacious. Hat it not been for the piles of cloths, books, and schoolwork lying around.

Sean kicked one of these books aside to reveal a stack of notes he would need for his philosophy class. He picked these up along with some questionable socks. He gave them a quick whiff then tossed them aside opting for a cleaner pair. He put them on, slipped on his shoes, and threw his papers, pen and text book in his messenger style bag. Headed out the building and across campus to the cafeteria.

Sean thought the campus was nice for a relatively modern college. The major quality he liked was that the landscapers had made a point of planting tons of huge trees and other plants. He loved nature, and he especially loved the smell of freshly cut grass and wild flowers. In the summer months he would site on the limbs of a ancient Oak tree, watching the few clouds as the pasted by. The fall brought the changing coloured leaves and new smells to the campus, like cinnamon and raspberries.

It usually took ten minutes to get from his building, (which is the oldest part of the school at two hundred years old), to the student union area. Most students signed for later classes, so there were very few people there in the mornings. He enjoyed the peacefulness and would take these opportunities to finish an assignment or to drink a warm cup of coffee and enjoy the scenery. This part of campus was a very recent addition, big and made out of cement leaving one often with a cold feeling. Tables were scattered around in a seemingly random way, yet organized. One of these tables was kind of a ritualistic sitting area of Sean's. Being a predictable creature of habit made him smile sometimes. So it was at this table that he tossed his bag so that spot was claimed for when he returned with his coffee and food.

Unlike most youths at this particular school, he didn't smoke nor did he drink. he lived a pretty healthy life style and was tall, lean. Around six/three, with shoulder length hair which was soft with reds, golds and browns that shown in the sun. His hair also had a little curl to it which made it bounce when he walked. He really liked eating healthy foods, despite his taste for coffee. Sean didn't like chips, and he never really had an affinity for sweets. Bananas, peaches, mango, and other fruits and veggies were his dessert, snack and sometimes a whole meal. He loved to exercise, especially running. He loved that sharp pain one gets in their chest from running so fast that catching a breath is difficult. It makes him feel alive.

Ever since he arrived at the school two years ago, he has always had a physical ed class in the morning three times a week, and at night all week long. Coaches were always on him to try out for a team but he always politely turned them down. But, as they were so persistent he one day agreed to train with the Track team two days out of the week. Most of the members of Track looked forward to these days, especially the kids who just came from high school. They looked up to him and Sean found that it made him happy to do something that inspired and challenged them.

Today was one of those rare days when he didn't have a PE class at all so he decided that he would just turn in after Biology. He sat back down at his table and took a long drink from his hazelnut roast coffee. he like that flavour more for its colour and sent than for it's taste. The school's hazelnut roast was a deeper brown than most and the aroma could wake someone out of a deep sleep. Sean sat back in his chair and watched the birds fight over a piece of bread some girl had disposed of.

Nature was a constant wonder for him; The sheer seemingly intrinsic force that guides the dancing leaf as it falls skillfully towards the ground. The scents and sounds carried upon the wind, like a great messenger, and equalizer; For in nature everything works and is treated as if it's one and as if it is many separate beings. In nature there is no race: the zebra does not hate the cheetah that has eaten its young; Nor does the bird who will soon be a meal for the cat. Everything works for one another, not one being is of greater in character-only predator and prey. Everything is equally beautiful in its own right, from the Ant's complexity of underground tunnels to a flowers petals absorbing nutrients from the sun. The wings of a butterfly and the staggering height of a ancient great redwood.

When Sean looked at the world in this perspective, he felt less isolated, like he had a place and purpose. As if, for an instant, in the natural order of things, he was needed and had need for everything else. It made the lack of a past seemingly bearable, and everything could and would be all right. So, could anyone blame him for being twenty minutes late for Dr. Hugo's class when he had so much to sit and feel appreciation for? Sean laughed heartily and said,"No way in hell.."

Sean looked at the metallic iron ceiling, almost as if he were trying to see past it. As if, maybe, he might derive some great, all powerful wisdom from what lay beyond all that heavy material. An endless sea of blue sky, kissed by a scattering of fluffy white clouds. What wisdom could one take from such unique formations of seemingly simple things like molecules? What knowledge could one take from the cellular structure of an organism, or the atomic composition of a planet? How can one find his own worth, when the world was as vast as all this?

"Well, won't know unless I stop Lazing about, will I?" He said as he heaved himself out of his chair, tossed away his rubbish and headed for his first class. In a way though (as he thought back), he always enjoyed being lonely in that world. The one he pondered over, it didn't seem so bad compared to how lonely being around people made him feel. He heaved a heavily burdened sigh, drawing in and holding his breath for a moment, trying to shrug it off. "You know what your problem is, Seany boy? You think too much."

He walked past the S building and building, headed down a covered corridor until he arrived at the bottom of the stairs to the Tz building. The Tz building was a three storied structure, the second oldest building on campus. It was modeled reminiscent of modern style architecture of brown stucco, and dark wood beams horizontally placed to subdivide the the floors. The windows were decidedly new, however, as they were recently re-done, making them insulated and "Green". He climbed the stairs made of cement, supported by worn down wood beams and took the immediate right onto the second floor corridor; stopping briefly to relieve a vending machine of it's last water bottle for a dollar/ten. Adjusting his messenger bad further up his shoulder, he walked into his class room, already pretty full at this time, which meant he'd have to stand and scan the room for one of those awkward desks no one seems to want. "Maybe because they're cursed or under a leaky ceiling tile..." he thought inwardly. He scanned the room as Dr. Hugo looked on impatiently, though not necessarily at Sean, just in general.

Sean sighed heavily, and opted for the seat directly in front of the podium, which usually seem out of place in small classrooms, and more at home in auditoriums. He pulled the strap over his head and pulled out his notes, pencil and a few fresh sheets of paper. He then promptly began to doodle on the latter while Dr. Hugo called the class to order. He was not the typical teacher one would peg for philosophy class. His ways, thoughts and opinions were set in stone-And only few in his class could do no wrong, that is, until they gape open mouthed at the recent below average they relieved on last weeks exam. Though Dr. Hugo liked to be agreed with, he found it tiresome and detrimental to society that everyone should think the same. There in lied his brilliance! More than anything, he abhorred complacency! Ever the conundrum of a soul the man was.

He stared down his narrow hawk nose, a glint of mischief and age shinning brightly in his ice blue eyes. As it was the middle of the semester, he felt it was the appropriate moment to lift the facade of faux complacency as it would throw the student for a loop; keep them on there toes. Always thinking, always learning, to be observant, to act. That was why Sean was not so worried about the abrupt change in the the Dr.'s mannerisms; ever since he could remember, Sean had always been able to tell whether someone was genuine and truthful. So, right on the off he had known that Dr. Hugo had put in an act for the benefit of his students, as much as for his own amusement.

A girl "hmphed", beside him when she turned over the returned assignment on "Actions of a man and the affect of foresight". She had been one of the students who had hung on Dr. Hugo's every word, every scripted theory of his farce and had spit it right back out like a copy machine; when not verbatim, in language that added to the illusion of originality. Sean giggled inwardly; though he knew he should try to not act so smug as he flashed a smile, and slide his A paper into his bag.

When class let out and the Dr. had departed, those who stayed behind tried to fathom how the went from such high prospects, to average and below on a topic the teacher had presented so bi-chromatically. One girl asked Sean how he had approached the question, whether he thought it so black and white. "It wasn't really so difficult. Once you factor in what the person could be going through on any given day. I found it interesting to not focus so much on the foresight; I placed the importance on how effective a person's actions if foresight was directly affected by the day's events." He finished a little shyly as the girl obviously did not appreciate how lightly he took such an important assignment.

"You don't have to laugh at me, this isn't high school. It was a serious assignment..gosh, boys!" She rattled on as she stalked off, obviously greatly disappointed. He shrugged and laughed to him self once more.

Chapter two
Spoiler:
Flashback

The room was dark and cold. There was a buzzing that was unfamiliar to him, and there seemed to be tube like things attached all around him. His heart began to to race; he tried to climb out of what seemed like a bed, as the beeping increased in speed and volume. He looked around him when a door banged open, and a woman dressed in a short white uniform raced in, whispering calming words. She kept repeating a name he didn't recognize, "Sean, Sean relax, you are all right."

Is that my name? I, I forgot.

When he next awoke, Sean noticed a man reading some paper on a clipboard. He was tall and dressed nicely in a long, white lab coat. His red hair was slicked back, and bright green eyes behind thin framed glasses. The man looked up and saw that Sean was wide awake, and smiled. "Ah, I see you have woken up.I have to tell you, we were beginning to wonder; that night you showed up you were so frightened. And then you went out so quickly."

"Where, where am I?"

His panic from last night found its self again as tried he realized what the man was saying; but he could not remember such a night. In fact, he couldn't remember anything past last night.

The doctor removed his glasses and sat in the corner chair, beside the the bedside table. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes for a time. When he opened the again he turned his face from the warmth of the sun lit window, to the white clean walls of the room, then finally let his eyes rest on Sean's. Shockingly dark, yet full of gold hues and an uncommon warmth. It had been such a confusing night; and day, come to think of it.

"Sean, my name is Dr. Collins. I work with cases of a coma and amnesia. On the night you came to us, you had suffered some type of concussion. We guessed maybe from a fall as no one was with you,, and you didn't have a drivers license on you. The only form of identification was a school ID card; Sean Marc McKennan. Nothing else, no family records."

Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

For Aislinn from your Aunt

Be:

Dance in the lane, o green leaf of youth;
Drink up, Show up, Shut Down-Reload-Speak out.
Dance to the sound of light,
raining down on the water's surface;
like pin drops, echoing like a call to action.
Speak the truth, tell your story
~Be Alive~

Red rose, uproot your soul;
share in the compassion others show.
Learn a song and raise it up into the sky;
Blue, calm-terrible with tempests, fierce as the Oceans below.
Bring the Moon a sun beam and the voice of a lost soul.
~Be loud~

Child of your mother's womb,
beat your chest and sound your voice;
raise it above the uproar: Against crime,
sound the call for love.
Child-heart of gold-stand Tall,
colour the streets with white
~Be brave~
~And bring love to all~

Old 08-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Love Tangled

They look out at the night;
So sweet, the wind smells,
As the stars dance upon
The surface of the sea

A smile weaves her way, upon
A face; Glittering ideas shine through
A child's eyes;
Grace upon his cheek, like ripples of dreams

Twinkling like dawn upon her lip;
Like hands washed of sins
In a forest river, so clear as
Love tangled.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Artifice

Take from the well
That which you can drink.
Bring to your lips,
And fill your soul, till you do not thirst.

That which is here in the begging,
Shows up at the end.
Draped in soft linen,
Curling under the rain;
Like ash and forward facing dreams.

Broken glass strewn among the flowers,
Surround the well, near where Beginning fell.
Here your words clatter to the ground,
Splattering linen thoughts with red words.
You cannot drink here.

When careless things forget,
Consequences are not seen.
Where new regards old with closed eyes,
Old devours.
~
The well spills over.
The water is unfit for life,
Tarnished and brown;
Pollution, production-New and blind ideas

These things do not thirst.
These things do not possess a soul.
These things have cold hands,
Hands that burn, they are so cold.

Yet, it drinks greedily,
And will never be sated.
This Artifice of plastic and Modern Taste.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Wow, I love this. Great job!
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Thank you!

Old 08-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Hail to the soul of Freedom;
hearken your hearts to the time of renewal.
What the heart speaks,
the mind may not know;
what the mind rationalizes,
the heart is immune.

Let your voice be heard,
sound the call to your soul.
The world is here
for the people of the sky;
Brothers and Sisters, embrace your right.

Time will stand still and run just the same,
though a mark shall be made upon the sand.
Though hearts can speak loudly and clearly, ears,
more than likely, understand not all-
that is said and seen by eyes that bleed,
hearts that hurt, children who scream.

The world weeps, but rejoices in
a song empowered by love and the just;
A cacophony of sound meets to give aid,
strengthens the backs of the choices we've made.

History will mark every up and down,
outcomes will be recorded, lives lost remembered.
God's grace to you, young solder of freedom, young visionary,
young peace maker-young one of the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
The Birth and Death of Aphrodite

Balance sails on a sea of grace,
Embraced by wind,
With his hands upon her face.

So clean is the air, that Tempest
Should hardly bequeath an unfair temper,
That Balance should bear witness
Would be unwise.

Amiable a friend, she finds the sea,
The water so deep and mellow
No fault lies upon the dark sea floor
No enemy to be seen.

~So sure is the sea
And kind is the wind
As to bring her swift
To her journeys end~

In sight is the shore
On which she is to be borne.
Shall Balance come here
And the world set to store.

With an order she comes,
To plunge the Dark into the Light.
So sure is she to come,
That they all look for wings of white.

So sure are they, of her goodness;
The children of Misfortune await,
For Harmony to come once more.

Harmony is yet Balance's next name.
An Angel with twice grace, yet
So sadly naive in her goodness.

As sea turns to shore,
And waves caress her feet,
Jealousy and Rage creep 'neath
Her craft on which she come;

Opportunity has been presented,
And the goodness of her heart is blinded
To any scheme of bloodied passion,
As to give any warning of ill merit
Of an unknown enemy.

So unexpected such treachery would be,
That it would harden all marrow of one's life blood.
Tis what makes such lies and deceit
So succulent for the Dark of heart,
That no amount of goodness may penetrate.

Alas it befalls that Balance is to be delayed,
Harmony, tangled for now.
The wait has been extended, but do not dishearten,
Sweet child of man, for there is always Time.

Time and Time again, will Balance descend into the sea
To be borne upon sea and wind,
Arriving in the end-
What passion and love would be seen,
That any happiness of past time
Could ever compare!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
Eyes

Sweet Calamity, the rolling wind,
Sweeping away the cold chill of winter.
A voice so fresh and new, laughing and singing,
Of warm salt air, and bright skies;
Oh, Winter be gone from her eyes.

Drink in the moment soon to die
In the winds of time.
Hold to the truths spoken by loved lips,
Coy words and glances of shy eyes.

Dancing, dancing children of green glen,
Spinning tales, untouched by winter
Inside summer daydreams; Fairies of their own
Imagined worlds;
Glowing with the warmth of the sun shown in their eyes.

Take me back to so a simple place.
The voices on the wind, Strange
But comforting, lost to all time.
Glide on the wind for that soon,
Soon to be lost in the moment,
Where sad eyes threaten to grow glad in an instant.

Take those eyes back to childhood.
Day dreams of green summers.
Untouched by winter winds, protected from the chill
And embraced in the green hills of Inis fail.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Very cool writing
Facinates me! If I said the word correctly :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

~Smiles~ You did, and thank you.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #12
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Random story:
Okay so

Once upon a time there lived three sisters; Rose Lynn, Martha Rea, and Susy Lee. They lived in a valley,deep among the tendrils of tall trees, and rocky cliffs as tall as the eye could see. Vegetation surrounded their small home, threatening to devour the very walls. In this part of the forest, the floor was so thick with flora and fauna, that one was denied the sight of earth and mud. It made walking around especially treacherous, as one could step in a muddy bog without realizing the danger before hand. To even survive this most beautiful, yet deadly forest, one would have to have been born of ancestry as old as the oldest tree. As it so happened, the girls were the very last of the wise women who use to flourish in these lands; living off of berries, fish, and a unique array of natural roots and vegetables.

The wise women held a strong and ancient tradition of spirit worship and old magics. From the time of the Great Dawn that followed the time of the Cold Sun, there had been a tribe people who held the most prized secrets of human kind. Because these secrets where so precious, and potentially dangerous given the right circumstance, the magics of the wise women has been employed to protect the secret keepers.

The Being had entrusted these secret keepers with the Infinite Truth, because he knew that they were the best suited for the requisite isolation. He knew that, with great knowledge and wisdom, came a certain need for balance and control. By becoming an isolated people, the secret keepers were not only protecting all life, they were also protected from outside society-Thus, they were protected from corruption, that which is not virtuous, greed, and a level of madness that comes being all knowing. As a result, they were a humble, quiet and reserved people. Because of the vast knowledge, knowledge in the purest form, they never were downcast, or saddened by lose. They never feared the unknown or death; how could they have? There was no ignorance to fuel such thoughts; thus, their thoughts and minds were nearly always clear and serene. This is the way the way life was, and so they were a primitive people in societal terms. Yet, intellectually and spiritually, they were evolved unto a higher plane of consciousness.

But none were as accomplished as the wise women of the tribe

Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #13
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

Decadent dream child

Creeping through so slowly
By the light of the crystallized
Moon so pale

Secret keeper of a million lies
Hopes and dreams shatters
At your name
A broken voice

So brittle, a hand reached out to guide
Any one and every one
But me

A brittle hand stretched
For help, a worried cry and
Thoughtless speek of nothings and some things

Your deserted mind of empty
Skies and empty lives
A world of complications and
A soul wrought with a seeming innocence

A crime of the century
Leading into the death March waltz
An endless masquerade

They sing and glide in and out
And dear secret keeper, your heart
Is open yet remains critically numb
And

Your face of gentle patients
Speaks broken dreams and broken
Hearts

So brittle, a hand wrapped around you
A gentle white rose so calm
And almost deadly
So innocent, but easily broken

The lily of the age is
So easy to betray

The light of the youth
So easily broken

The rose wilts and
The secret keeper is unable to help
His beautiful mind is deserted
And dark things begin to lurk

Why can't the light get through for you?
It is needed, the white of the lily

The reddest rose will not occupy
Your mind
It is deserted
It is betrayed
It is lost

Your nymph dance will not go unnoticed
And the piper calls for you
The wind threatens to take you a way

Away to lands that will
Keep you, and protect you
Heal your deserted mind

The wine is dry and your lips
That touch my cold cheek

And as you drink the \salt swept tears
How will I know
It is I you help and to whom you
Open your mind?

Can your love be renewed?
Am I able to protect
This delicate Orchid child?
While he writes his tangled
Some things into a Picasso?

Weave in and out of time
Weave in and out of life
Weave in and out of sight

Your sweet decadent light
Will never shine for me
We may never play thought
To your empty mind

Now, you creep through slowly
By light of the
Crystallized moon so pale

The crimson river
The reddest rose
And the dew drops
All will flow for
You

Old 08-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #14
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

History Lesson

Drenched in night, a heart cries out
-Love, understanding, Diplomacy-
The Stars look Heavenward for guidance,
Moon beams brush a child's tear stained cheek.

-Compassion for the Lost-

Loud and monstrous sounds, deafen
Innocent ears on both sides,
And the tears flow as Oceans rise.
Cascading, flooding valleys and punch-drunk hearts.

-Compassion for the Dead-

Hard heads and tight chests, scream
Torture, Anxiety and Apathy.
Strong currents ripping at eyes,
Blinding souls, callus-unseeing eyes.

-Compassion for humanity-

Stardust and Moon beams, soft and persistent,
Beg compassion from earth bellow;
Request wisdom from Heaven above.
"Some day soon," they sing,
"The terrible realities of history, will repeat no more."

-Children sing of love, laments of past misdeeds...are far away

Old 08-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #15
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

The Lords New Vision of Victory

God's dream and vision
Of mankind,
Is a child,
Who's soft light filled
The dark corners of the mind;

While her voice, filled
With unspeakable warmth,
Spread unspeakable warmth.

Peace spoke her name,
And her hair shone like the sun;
While her eyes were starlight
That sprinkle the dark night.

Her smile swelled our hearts with pride.
Hearts filled with the holy father's
Heavenly light;
While possessing a wisdom,
Which stayed even the oldest mind.

Her presence commanded grace
Upon the halls and souls
She passed through.
Youthful brilliance kindly guided us,
Without need of preordained destination:
Led us to love, glory,
Led us to know his name.

Spoke to us of his love,
Though we may not,
Have always understood.

This truth is why this
Dear child has been called
Back to our fathers side;
A warrior called home,
Upon the the wings of St. Michael,
And welcomed by St Peter
To rest.

You taught us, who knew all,
You were his empty vessel.
And while we remand still
You allowed him to pour all
His love and glory, overflowing
To fill us all

You were God's victorious dream.

"...Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven..."

Old 08-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Amazing new work Danielle! Keep it up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #17
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

wait, so what's what, i can't tell what continues and what doesn't and what's just by itself
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #18
Danielle
Special Jonin Candidate

The poems are separate. There are only nine, and they have titles. >.>

Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

ohhhhh
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #20
Invisible Fog
Veteran Chunin

Invisible Fog is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Ah this will be definitely something I will consider. I am fascinated by dreams.

Tags
dream, pheonix, prophecy