Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Gin's Bankai

I'm wondering how people want to handle it now that it's a completely different Bankai.

Are we still saying that it's Mach 500? Can it still extend 13KM? Do I still think Gin is one of the only respectable characters in Bleach?

Let me know what you think. Obviously he can now one shot basically anyone, but how quickly and from how far away are we saying he can?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Gin's Bankai

He was lying about it being Mach 500 and 13km, so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

But it's still incredibly fast and has massive range. It took out a city block in less than a second. That's still something to be impressed with.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Gin's bankai is mach .000000000000000500. My grandmother dodged it with 2 bad knees and a bad ankle. Gin suxs!

But, I know it is not Mach 500, and the fact that anyone beleived it is ridiculous and should be given 175 lashings. Although it was cool when it destroyed da city block, so it does have alot of power and speed, just not as much as it was said too.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think it's incredibly fast and can grow at a long length, but that's really it. I was surprised what he said during the last chapter. How that single part of his blade was able to do all that.

naruto_jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

I personally never believed that it was Mach 500. This is because I took it to be hyperbole just like any other similar statement. To add on the idea that Gin was lying and it's blatantly obvious that either it's not Mach 500, or Kubo has some strange way of writing that he does. People laughed at Cell busting solar systems, but I think people were too quick to believe this one.

As for how competent Gin is, we still know he was strong enough to toy with Ichigo and to do so well despite clearly holding back and never taking any kill-shots. Until the new chapter comes out though, we won't know if the whole Gin issue will be expanded upon though.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_jock View Post
I think it's incredibly fast and can grow at a long length, but that's really it. I was surprised what he said during the last chapter. How that single part of his blade was able to do all that.
Plot is a horrible thing.

@1st: Agreed that it's still fast and whatnot, and also that Mach 500 was ridiculous. With that in mind, Bankai Ichigo was basically outpaced by his Bankai, and it also packed some serious punch.

With that said, it's still easily hypersonic in speed, as well as multi-building busting + in attack strength. Below Mach 500? Definitely. City block busting? Not so much. 13 KM? Definitely less, but as to how much less is uncertain. It's definitely the LENGTH of a city block, or at least thereabouts.

The poison only applies to Reaitsu based beings at the moment as well, so that's another up in the air topic.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
takuya
Special Jonin Candidate

takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via AIM to takuya

^What SotSP said. Even though he lied about it, that doesn't change the fact that it still can extend and contract incredibly fast, has good range and destructive capabilities, and as a bonus, if a bit of it is stuck in your chest, Gin can blow your ass up.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Isn't Multi Building+ busting basically the equivalent to at least small city block busting? And that was Gin holding back.

The next chapter may kill everything and leave us in the dust, so hopefully things go well, otherwise the issue with Gin may remain unsolved.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Holding back he may have been, but we have to use what feats have been given to us.

Another issue I have with his Bankai: exactly what is the purpose of it turning to dust and reforming? When does it turn to dust? For how long? Etc.q
Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Plot is a horrible thing.

@1st: Agreed that it's still fast and whatnot, and also that Mach 500 was ridiculous. With that in mind, Bankai Ichigo was basically outpaced by his Bankai, and it also packed some serious punch.

With that said, it's still easily hypersonic in speed, as well as multi-building busting + in attack strength. Below Mach 500? Definitely. City block busting? Not so much. 13 KM? Definitely less, but as to how much less is uncertain. It's definitely the LENGTH of a city block, or at least thereabouts.

The poison only applies to Reaitsu based beings at the moment as well, so that's another up in the air topic.

Yeah, the plot is getting a little weird. Like now Idk what's up with Aizen now that "That" has happened in the chapter.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The speed of the bankai has nothing to do with the fact that Giun was able to level a bunch of buildings with it. All that proves is that it's very sharp and that Gin can manipulate it like any normal sword even when it's at full length.

Destroying a bunch of buildings one after the other isn't the same thing as Multi-building busting. You have to be able to destroy multiple buildings all at once.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
The speed of the bankai has nothing to do with the fact that Giun was able to level a bunch of buildings with it. All that proves is that it's very sharp and that Gin can manipulate it like any normal sword even when it's at full length.

Destroying a bunch of buildings one after the other isn't the same thing as Multi-building busting. You have to be able to destroy multiple buildings all at once.
Considering the fact he destroyed them before Ichigo could react, that's close enough to "all at once" to be considered MBB.

Regardless, being able to level a single building in less than a second still puts him near the top of the Bleach tier list.

And nobody said that his Bankai speed had anything to do with the attack. Everyone knows he can't swing it any faster than a normal sword. It's the extension speed I'm referring to when I'm talking about his Bankai speed.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Of course, when he extended it and used it to destroy all those buildings, was that the max length?

Or is it possible that his bankai can extend much longer, he just chose not to stretch it that far.

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #15
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Holding back he may have been, but we have to use what feats have been given to us.

Another issue I have with his Bankai: exactly what is the purpose of it turning to dust and reforming? When does it turn to dust? For how long? Etc.q
With the whole poison and dust issue, it becomes blatantly obvious that Gin never went for the kill, or he would have done just that. Adding on the fact that Gin never took him seriously, encouraged him to run away, and was able to surprise attack Aizen (who only survived due to random Plotkai boosts), and it's evident that even without hype, Gin is among the strongest.

Whether or not this will be given more attention is yet to be seen. Kubo may just troll Gin.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
With the whole poison and dust issue, it becomes blatantly obvious that Gin never went for the kill, or he would have done just that. Adding on the fact that Gin never took him seriously, encouraged him to run away, and was able to surprise attack Aizen (who only survived due to random Plotkai boosts), and it's evident that even without hype, Gin is among the strongest.

Whether or not this will be given more attention is yet to be seen. Kubo may just troll Gin.
Yeah, this is what's going to happen in a nut shell. Gin will be considered one of the strongest shinigami now, but will prolly die as soon as Ichigo comes in to fight Aizen to make sure that Ichigo becomes the total bad-ass.

Last edited by J-Sun Tasogare; 08-09-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: lol most strongest
Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Gin was anticlimatic.
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #18
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

I don't think Kubo is dumb enough to kill of Gin from the story.. What am I saying he had Aizen kill the captains with just Shikai...

Anyway it may not move as fast are extend that fast but still what we saw was no fluke. Gins bankai us still pretty damn fast for him to toy around like that with it. And also proves that he could of been killed ichigo if he wanted to.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Aizen is a butterfly. What else can you expect from Gin now?
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
colorles
Banned

colorles is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Aizen is a butterfly. What else can you expect from Gin now?
Gin shall kill Aizen. Aizen SHOULD be dead
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote